British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

My immediate reaction to the early crowd shots was 'That looks decent for a Sky match and considering we're $hit' :D

My thoughts too, considering recent results I thought it would be some patchy terraces, it looked pretty full all the way to the right hand side (as we look from the tv) which is rare these days.

• Like 2

My thoughts too, considering recent results I thought it would be some patchy terraces, it looked pretty full all the way to the right hand side (as we look from the tv) which is rare these days.

It was all the Brummies fans swelling the attendance!!! :D

Really? It looked pretty good to me. I commented to my dad while watching it looked like a good crowd.

You have a father???!!! :t::rofl::D

Jepsen Jensen Racing, on 05 Aug 2014 - 7:06 PM, said:

Anyone else find it hilarious when Nigel and Kelvin were surprised when Piotr got the black and white helmet over Tai?

Almost as funny as when you told the Bees Fans that Kenni Larsen had signed for them ...Side splitting wasn't it !!

• Like 1

Pretty decent crowd which was partly because of the return of Peter Karlsson and partly because Darcy Ward was there against Woffinden and Pawlicki.

No surprise that Pawlicki got the tactical ride as he is by far out scoring Tai home and away

• Like 2

The thing that struck me watching PK at Monmore Monday & Sweden Tuesday was his gating was worse than Harris on a bad day. I imagine that even at his age with a decent set up and some grunt in the engine, provided the body is physically up to it, it's possible to do a job. If, however, the reactions are dulling, then you're in bother. Hope it's just a case of getting the former sorted but the worrying thing is if anyone would have the set up right from the get go you'd have thought it would have been PK with his experience of the track.

Saturday will be the acid test as if you don't gate at Leicester you're in the do-do.

Fingers crossed.

The thing that struck me watching PK at Monmore Monday & Sweden Tuesday was his gating was worse than Harris on a bad day. I imagine that even at his age with a decent set up and some grunt in the engine, provided the body is physically up to it, it's possible to do a job. If, however, the reactions are dulling, then you're in bother. Hope it's just a case of getting the former sorted but the worrying thing is if anyone would have the set up right from the get go you'd have thought it would have been PK with his experience of the track.

Saturday will be the acid test as if you don't gate at Leicester you're in the do-do.

Fingers crossed.

He's been having bike issues all season long it seems and can't seem to get it right.

I'm not too concerned. A winter off I'm confident he would come back refreshed and be at least a 7.5 rider next year.

He's been having bike issues all season long it seems and can't seem to get it right.

I'm not too concerned. A winter off I'm confident he would come back refreshed and be at least a 7.5 rider next year.

can't see it myself BW.. he may only do Swedish league and that's it, just like his brother.

I hope you're right. It strikes me as odd that a guy of his standing in the sport can't have sorted the machinery in 4 months.

I hope you're right. It strikes me as odd that a guy of his standing in the sport can't have sorted the machinery in 4 months.

We're forgetting the format is so much different too now.

Previously, make poor starts and it would be pretty easy to pick off one or two of your opponents in a number of your races before you'd even hit turn 3. Now, you don't race reserves and not often the second strings. Poor start can leave you 4th in a race with 3 other heat leaders in... that has a big effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Two home (Leicester and Eastbourne) on the next two Mondays with two away at Poole (Wednesday) and Swindon (Thursday) inbetween finishes off the 2014 league season for Wolves.

Leicester need points to avoid the wooden spoon and face 4 matches in three days while Eastbourne are only just hanging on to a play off place but need to get points on their travels having not won away all season and with Coventry on a roll and a number of home matches left, they look to be challenging Swindon for the final place and the Robins will be looking at 3 points next Thursday.

So it looks like seventh place will be the final resting place in 2014 and a rebuild needed for next season with a possible big shake up required to meet fans and riders requirements

1 King's Lynn .......... 27 10 4 0 1 2 4 0 3 3 1294 1123 61

2 Poole ................... 26 11 1 0 2 2 1 3 3 3 1268 1095 55

3 Swindon ............... 28 8 3 0 3 2 1 0 3 8 1250 1255 44

4 Eastbourne .......... 24 11 2 1 0 0 0 0 3 7 1111 1045 41

5 Lakeside .............. 28 9 3 0 2 0 1 1 3 9 1280 1265 41

6 Coventry .............. 22 5 3 0 2 3 2 0 2 5 991 987 41

7 Wolverhampton .... 27 4 4 2 4 0 2 0 2 9 1180 1280 30

8 Leicester .............. 25 4 3 1 4 0 0 0 3 10 1057 1219 22

9 Belle Vue ............. 25 6 0 1 2 0 0 1 1 14 1046 1208 22

With Poole hitting a run of injuries and suspensions and Tai Woffinden now sidelined for the remaining matches, the meeting at Poole could be a night that sees the Wolves grab a point if they can get the right guest ...... seems crazy to say but Scott Nichlls is too high an average to replace the World Champion ..... Mads Korneliussen would be a good choice at both away meetings as for home ..... rider replacement looks the best bet

Edited by T.N.T.

You are missimg the Coventry (away) which is to be re-arranged - if the promoters can be arsed! Just hope its not a double header as Coventry seem incapable of completing them. I struggle to accept Mads as a good choice for Poole and Swindon away, but understand options are limited, so expect the cheapest option: rider replacement.

You are missimg the Coventry (away) which is to be re-arranged - if the promoters can be arsed! Just hope its not a double header as Coventry seem incapable of completing them. I struggle to accept Mads as a good choice for Poole and Swindon away, but understand options are limited, so expect the cheapest option: rider replacement.

Apart from this year Mads is usually good for a near max around Blunsdon - so R/R would be better!

Recent Wolves Away Support:

- Eastbourne (24/8) - spotted 8 Wolves fans

- Poole (3/9) - spotted 5 inc: TNT :D

- Swindon (tonight) - can I count the riders as fans - because they certainly aren't Wolves riders???

Rather shabby at THe Abbey.

Recent Wolves Away Support:

- Eastbourne (24/8) - spotted 8 Wolves fans

- Poole (3/9) - spotted 5 inc: TNT :D

- Swindon (tonight) - can I count the riders as fans - because they certainly aren't Wolves riders???

Rather shabby at THe Abbey.

You will soon have to start counting the home fans Lefty,if last monday was anything to go by. :D

You ungrateful Baskets !!!

You all come on here saying CVS and Adams never make changes to the team and here they are giving you SIX in one meeting at Swinedown and all you do is complain !!! :nono:

:lol::lol::rofl:

Well Done Left and Wolfie on attending, along with Tom Perry, his mechanic and Pete Adams you could all share a lift home after ;)

At least we can start to look forward to 2015 and the IKEA sponsored team of Thorssell, Karlsson, Bernzton, Aspgren and Ludvig ;)

• Like 1

Any clues yet TNT what young riders we can expect to see in the Olympique.Personally id like to see Bernzton,Krcmar and Garrity in the line up.

Perhaps a couple of new Danes,but no journeymen and definitely no new Poles.Dont think any team will find a new Skornicki to rely on again,he was a one off im afraid.