British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

I am sure there was more to PK being dropped by Lakeside than meets the eye, after all they cited it was for financial reasons yet even if Peter was on great money he was not scoring points so therefore it stands to reason he was not costing as much.

I am sure there was more to PK being dropped by Lakeside than meets the eye, after all they cited it was for financial reasons yet even if Peter was on great money he was not scoring points so therefore it stands to reason he was not costing as much.

retainer/guarantees?

retainer/guarantees?

Thinking back throughout the season, he did seem to be an unexpected choice in some heat 15s.

As others have already pointed out, I suspect he was probably being paid more than he was scoring.

Edited by Mjolnir

Exactly. If he was on guaranteed points money of a number one and being flown over each week Lakeside weren't really getting their money's worth unfortunately.

When PK guested for Leicester a while ago, it was only announced shortly prior to the meeting - up until then, Leicester's No.1 had been "A.N.Other".

I drew the conclusion afterwards, that PK had been holding-out for similar/same money to his Lakeside pay (and maybe even more), especially as it was a Saturday in the middle of about 6 consecutive meetings across various countries. Presumably he got what he was wanting, because after scoring 4 (mostly by beating team-mates) our beloved promoter had a go at him in the local press and had a little hissy fit about the expense of guests. More fool him (or Norrie Allan) for hiring PK at a track he would struggle to score at in his prime!

So maybe Wolves now have him at a bit less money than he was on at Lakeside. But it would be fun if he scored a few at Leicester a week on Monday!!

Exactly. If he was on guaranteed points money of a number one and being flown over each week Lakeside weren't really getting their money's worth unfortunately.

When PK guested for Leicester a while ago, it was only announced shortly prior to the meeting - up until then, Leicester's No.1 had been "A.N.Other".

I drew the conclusion afterwards, that PK had been holding-out for similar/same money to his Lakeside pay (and maybe even more), especially as it was a Saturday in the middle of about 6 consecutive meetings across various countries. Presumably he got what he was wanting, because after scoring 4 (mostly by beating team-mates) our beloved promoter had a go at him in the local press and had a little hissy fit about the expense of guests. More fool him (or Norrie Allan) for hiring PK at a track he would struggle to score at in his prime!

So maybe Wolves now have him at a bit less money than he was on at Lakeside. But it would be fun if he scored a few at Leicester a week on Monday!!

Saturday Al. Plus the 2 Mondays @ Monmore. Plenty of opportunity for PK to give Hemsley some :D

• Like 1

A much more solid team now and look stronger away from home with three heat leaders and at least one possibly two good second strings that can score points.

However it looks like it may be a bit late with points to catch up and having already ridden more matches but if they can win three or four of those away and stay unbeaten at home then they could do a Coventry and time the run in just right

• Like 1

Interesting comments from Pearson tonight about Berntzon saying that `he has had inquiries from EL clubs`. Would love to know if we asked (will save that for the talk in!).

Wonder if Eduard Krcmar "has had inquiries from Elite clubs"(perhaps mentioned on another page,that ive missed)Looks very good prospect.

Michelson mark 2? :P

Or maybe he might have missed the odd meeting that quite clearly would have effected our (non) chance of making the play offs. :P

Wonder if Eduard Krcmar "has had inquiries from Elite clubs"(perhaps mentioned on another page,that ive missed)Looks very good prospect.

If he hasn't he will be doing now!

Edited by stevebrum

Interesting comments from Pearson tonight about Berntzon saying that `he has had inquiries from EL clubs`. Would love to know if we asked (will save that for the talk in!).

I believe Nigel Pearson actually said Berntzon had inquiries from the British League, which to me infers a Premier League club. Peterborough would be my guess :/

I believe Nigel Pearson actually said Berntzon had inquiries from the British League, which to me infers a Premier League club. Peterborough would be my guess :/

Suppose it could be either!

But yea Peterborough certainly are looking.

What a talent if he did come tho. (Still holding hopes he will pick us!) :t:

Suppose it could be either!

But yea Peterborough certainly are looking.

What a talent if he did come tho. (Still holding hopes he will pick us!) :t:

'Oliver Bertnzon Racing' on the forum is a distinct possibility Brum .. ;)

• Like 3