British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

I agree that Woffinden and Pawlicki wouldn't have come cheap but with no chance of the play offs now I think its time to look to next season and bring in riders with a view to signing next year.

PK been replaced at Lakeside .

Not bothered about this season now,all virtually dead rubbers for the remainder of the season.

One kid who i would love to see at Monmore next season is Max Fricke(although i think he will end up at Poole).Exiting to watch and a guy who doesnt give up on lost causes.

Proctor and Wells have become to predictable now,and have shown no sign of making the next step upward.Although its unlikely CVS and Adams will disperse with both of them.

Sentiment and nostalgia would be the only thing that brings PK back to Monmore,because on current form alone he sadly wouldnt warrent a place in the side,although on a 6.7 average(and just his presence around the pits)would say otherwise.

Tai and Pawlicki pick themselves.Jacob could be tricky because his upturn in averages,although it would be unfair to despose of him after a very encourging season.

All in all,think this season hasnt been bad,but next season serious question marks need to be asked,to avoid another term of mediocrity.

• Like 5

Not bothered about this season now,all virtually dead rubbers for the remainder of the season.

One kid who i would love to see at Monmore next season is Max Fricke(although i think he will end up at Poole).Exiting to watch and a guy who doesnt give up on lost causes.

Proctor and Wells have become to predictable now,and have shown no sign of making the next step upward.Although its unlikely CVS and Adams will disperse with both of them.

Sentiment and nostalgia would be the only thing that brings PK back to Monmore,because on current form alone he sadly wouldnt warrent a place in the side,although on a 6.7 average(and just his presence around the pits)would say otherwise.

Tai and Pawlicki pick themselves.Jacob could be tricky because his upturn in averages,although it would be unfair to despose of him after a very encourging season.

All in all,think this season hasnt been bad,but next season serious question marks need to be asked,to avoid another term of mediocrity.

Just about covers it :t:

Remarkable to see that Woffinden has a 2014 GSA of 7.35 while leading the world championships, World Number 3 and 4 both average over a point higher and that's the reason why Kings Lynn and Poole are destined to make the Play-off's.

A familiar story for Wolves, A poor season and the promise of a great season next year due to having riders on false averages, It's time for a clear out and the likes of Thorsell, Proctor and Wells are simply not good enough.

Remarkable to see that Woffinden has a 2014 GSA of 7.35 while leading the world championships, World Number 3 and 4 both average over a point higher and that's the reason why Kings Lynn and Poole are destined to make the Play-off's.

A familiar story for Wolves, A poor season and the promise of a great season next year due to having riders on false averages, It's time for a clear out and the likes of Thorsell, Proctor and Wells are simply not good enough.

proctor and wells yes I would get rid but not thorsell he has lots of potential

• Like 2

With regard to post 970 that i would like to see Max Fricke in the side next season,obviously the Monarchs would want a substantial fee for such a talented and young rider,but when did Wolves last splash the cash for the transfer of another rider from a British club.

Not sure the details were ever released about Tai,s contract with Rye House,or how a figure was paid for him to transfer his services to Monmore.I know his dad had a lot to do with him him ending up at Wolves,but did he ever have a clause inserted for him to speak with Elite clubs,when he felt it was time for him to move up a division.

Other than Tai,cant honestly remember when we last paid a fee to another club for either a British or foreign rider.David Howe ?.

• Like 1

With regard to post 970 that i would like to see Max Fricke in the side next season,obviously the Monarchs would want a substantial fee for such a talented and young rider,but when did Wolves last splash the cash for the transfer of another rider from a British club.

Not sure the details were ever released about Tai,s contract with Rye House,or how a figure was paid for him to transfer his services to Monmore.I know his dad had a lot to do with him him ending up at Wolves,but did he ever have a clause inserted for him to speak with Elite clubs,when he felt it was time for him to move up a division.

Other than Tai,cant honestly remember when we last paid a fee to another club for either a British or foreign rider.David Howe ?.

Steve, where are you??? ;):P

I believe the cash was splashed to Newcastle for a certain Mr Pedersen

Correct, and what a mistakea to makea :D

• Like 1

I agree Thorsell is worth keeping next season.

We paid Coventry for Wells was he not the last rider we splashed out on.

Yep,Wells forgot about him.

Yes,Thorsell is one to keep.But only last week Adams said we lack a genuine third leader,so he obviously doesnt see him in that role.With Jacob,s average now,he would be hard to fit in as a second string,if, as we presume he returns to PK to fit that role.

All ifs and buts,no one knows what the format will be next season

• Like 1

Firstly I think Max Fricke is already lined up elsewhere and there are links to another young Australian who hasn't appeared over here yet.

Secondly Tai Woffinden was never a Rye House asset and was simply doubling up from the National League and never signed a full contract. Wolves then signed him and loaned him back to Rye House as Tai wanted to improve and learn more at the lower level.

Ricky Wells was bought last while money has been paid out to obtain the services of Nicolai Klindt, Joe Haines, Ashley Morris, Pontus Aspgren, Hynek Stichauer, Tyson Burmeister, Jacob Thorssell and of course Piotr Pawlicki as assets but before that was the transfer of Ty Proctor and Chris Kerr although both were bought over here to ride at Redcar for the then promoter ;)

Think Steve Evans may know about where certain young Americans may be heading and wouldn't be suprised if there was one lined up as a future Wolves asset.

If Wolves are to make the play offs then they have to get two, three or possibly four away wins from here on in and win the remaining home matches. While Ricky and Ty are good second strings and in Ricky's case he has done little wrong, the only way Wolves will win away is to have three heat leaders like Tai, Piotr and PK at #3 with Jacob as the #4 alongside.

Which 4.00 rider could fit the bill ? ....... long list but would seriously think about getting Ludvig Lindgren in as a doubling up rider.

However would be suprised if such a move was done now and maybe that sort of line up is more likely to be seen in 2015 !!

Edited by T.N.T.

Have to see how many teams will want to be in the Elite League next year and with Sky wanting at least 8 then it may be only just about to go on.

Polish and Swedish teams have only a short season and don't get to ride at home every week. Maybe if the Elite League is to stay then they may have to look at one fixed race night and fill the rest of the fixtures with lesser meetings in a competition that includes every track.

Have to see how many teams will want to be in the Elite League next year and with Sky wanting at least 8 then it may be only just about to go on.

Polish and Swedish teams have only a short season and don't get to ride at home every week. Maybe if the Elite League is to stay then they may have to look at one fixed race night and fill the rest of the fixtures with lesser meetings in a competition that includes every track.

Is there a minimum of 8 EL clubs in the new Sky contract?? The new 5-year deal is only for televising meetings NOT sponsoring the league anymore!! And they seem to be including more PL meetings anyway!!!

Edited by Skidder1

proctor and wells yes I would get rid but not thorsell he has lots of potential

I`m not surprised the multi poster is writing off a rider that is clearly getting better, probably because he isn't Danish :P

To anyone with an ounce of Speedway knowledge its clear for all to see the progress Jacob is making.

Steve, where are you??? ;):P

Even you know the answer to that question!! Ricky Wells was the last rider we paid money to another club. Howe was SOOO long ago!

Not sure the details were ever released about Tai,s contract with Rye House,or how a figure was paid for him to transfer his services to Monmore.

The details were clear. His dad suggested Wolves was the club to sign for BEFORE he signed for anyone. Rye LOANED him from us.

A little dicky bird told me that Wolves helped pay for Fricke`s air fare. :wink:

• Like 1

I`m not surprised the multi poster is writing off a rider that is clearly getting better, probably because he isn't Danish :P

To anyone with an ounce of Speedway knowledge its clear for all to see the progress Jacob is making.

Even you know the answer to that question!! Ricky Wells was the last rider we paid money to another club. Howe was SOOO long ago!

The details were clear. His dad suggested Wolves was the club to sign for BEFORE he signed for anyone. Rye LOANED him from us.

A little dicky bird told me that Wolves helped pay for Fricke`s air fare. :wink:

We paid for his duty free, Ford paid the rest :rofl:

• Like 2

Yet more points dropped. Despite Woffy saying `we cant afford to drop any more points`.

Question for CVS - have we given up all hope of going for the play offs and if not WHEN are changes going to happen because this side will struggle to win a goldfish.

• Like 1

Yet more points dropped. Despite Woffy saying `we cant afford to drop any more points`.

Question for CVS - have we given up all hope of going for the play offs and if not WHEN are changes going to happen because this side will struggle to win a goldfish.

Yes,Woffy seems to be the new mouth piece now for the Wolves in talking to the media.

Adams hasnt shared his thoughts for weeks,but he can hardly come out with statement "We can still make the play-offs".when in all honesty he knows we cant.

Yes,Woffy seems to be the new mouth piece now for the Wolves in talking to the media.

Adams hasnt shared his thoughts for weeks,but he can hardly come out with statement "We can still make the play-offs".when in all honesty he knows we cant.

Edit*He has had something say,on the club website today.

• Like 1