British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

We're pretty much on the same hymn sheet Steve, however would disagree on one point. Did a bit of homework before first post as I recall someone else saying that all the top riders are inconsistent this season prior to yourself. Interesting reading if we use averages as the ultimate guide to performance. Issue 1 24/03 average-->6th june average (Except Ward starting issue 3 04/04 and Doyle issue 2 26/03).

Zagar 8.64-->8.53

King 7.46-->6.73

Andersen 8.34-->8.00

Pedersen 8.12-->8.06

Iversen 9.12-->9.36

Karlsson 8.09-->6.93

Doyle 7.30-->7.75

Ward 9.07-->9.01

Kildemand 8.25-->8.22

Woffinden 9.20-->7.97

The only guy that isn't 'struggling' is the only one that I reckon it's realistic to compare Tai to at this time, Iversen (Ward not really rode enough meetings for a fair comparison). On that evidence Tai's plunge looks even worse. The rest look a marginal trend down with the exception of King (we all know why that happened) and Doyle's rise.

The only thing to add would be that I think someone's looking for a swansong at Monmore next season :P;):D

We're pretty much on the same hymn sheet Steve, however would disagree on one point. Did a bit of homework before first post as I recall someone else saying that all the top riders are inconsistent this season prior to yourself. Interesting reading if we use averages as the ultimate guide to performance. Issue 1 24/03 average-->6th june average (Except Ward starting issue 3 04/04 and Doyle issue 2 26/03).

Zagar 8.64-->8.53

King 7.46-->6.73

Andersen 8.34-->8.00

Pedersen 8.12-->8.06

Iversen 9.12-->9.36

Karlsson 8.09-->6.93

Doyle 7.30-->7.75

Ward 9.07-->9.01

Kildemand 8.25-->8.22

Woffinden 9.20-->7.97

The only guy that isn't 'struggling' is the only one that I reckon it's realistic to compare Tai to at this time, Iversen (Ward not really rode enough meetings for a fair comparison). On that evidence Tai's plunge looks even worse. The rest look a marginal trend down with the exception of King (we all know why that happened) and Doyle's rise.

The only thing to add would be that I think someone's looking for a swansong at Monmore next season :P;):D

Amazingly all the expected `big scorers` have all gone slightly backwards this season and that me down more to the new EL format this season.

Iversen has set himself such a high bar now that his infrequent off nights now appear highly exaggerated (by some) - certainly if you look at some of Foreign and GP performances he certainly isnt the same level of consistency as last season that much is true.

Tai`s drop is certainly a large one in comparison as the averages back up and is quite alarming.

But it would be great if averages permitted we could have Tai along with Fred and PK back.

PK also worries me as he doesn't look the same rider this season but he too could well be a victim of the new EL system.

I think what highlights the new format to me is that no one top class rider is standing head and shoulders above the others this season.

Amazingly all the expected `big scorers` have all gone slightly backwards this season and that me down more to the new EL format this season.

Iversen has set himself such a high bar now that his infrequent off nights now appear highly exaggerated (by some) - certainly if you look at some of Foreign and GP performances he certainly isnt the same level of consistency as last season that much is true.

Tai`s drop is certainly a large one in comparison as the averages back up and is quite alarming.

But it would be great if averages permitted we could have Tai along with Fred and PK back.

PK also worries me as he doesn't look the same rider this season but he too could well be a victim of the new EL system.

I think what highlights the new format to me is that no one top class rider is standing head and shoulders above the others this season.

And what has Piotr done to upset you? :D:D:D

We best not start on next season otherwise one of the forum pedants will be moaning there should be a new thread :P

And what has Piotr done to upset you? :D:D:D

We best not start on next season otherwise one of the forum pedants will be moaning there should be a new thread :P

Oooops, forgot about our star rider this year!

Actually Piotr should be the FIRST rider rider back next season if he wants another season in the EL.

Would it greedy or possible to have all 4 back?! :wink::D

Anyway its still possible to be 2014 Champions yet before we get to next season`s ramblings ;-)

Yet still Holder has got an EL average of 9.21. There is no way Matt Ford would let a No.1 with a starting average of 9.20 score 6 a meeting and see that riders average drop to 7.97 and not do anything about it the same goes for the Aces with Zagar and Lynn with Bjerre and Iversen. Woffy rides with Thorssell twice a meeting and also faces the oppositions 3 & 4 in a Heat so to have an average of 7.97 is ridiculous for a rider of Woffy's ability. Everyone moans about Cook yet Woffy's average is only half a point above Cook's.

Holder`s average for Poole this year was 7.67, irregardless of what his CMA is.

• Like 1

Woffinden won't be dropped by Wolves just for having a couple of dodgy months. Quite apart from the fact that you don't drop the world champion, it's just not the way the club operates. Chris van Straaten believes in continuity. He values and expects loyalty from his riders and in return they get loyalty from the club. Wolves have perservered with many, many worse riders than Tai - and one or two just as good.

Wolves have invested a lot of time and effort in the likes of Woffinden, Proctor, Wells and Thorssell - just as they have in the past with Correy, Karlssons, Ermolenkos - and have always worked hard to build up trust between club and riders. That might not matter to fans, but it does to the management and they won't blow it with knee-jerk reactions.

Woffinden's form is a worry, but if you're wanting a hire-them-fire-them, three-teams-a-season approach, you're following the wrong club.

• Like 6

Woffinden won't be dropped by Wolves just for having a couple of dodgy months. Quite apart from the fact that you don't drop the world champion, it's just not the way the club operates. Chris van Straaten believes in continuity. He values and expects loyalty from his riders and in return they get loyalty from the club. Wolves have perservered with many, many worse riders than Tai - and one or two just as good.

Wolves have invested a lot of time and effort in the likes of Woffinden, Proctor, Wells and Thorssell - just as they have in the past with Correy, Karlssons, Ermolenkos - and have always worked hard to build up trust between club and riders. That might not matter to fans, but it does to the management and they won't blow it with knee-jerk reactions.

Woffinden's form is a worry, but if you're wanting a hire-them-fire-them, three-teams-a-season approach, you're following the wrong club

Sounds all very sensible to me CIG. As long as the fans are happy to keep paying their money to watch a team with an obvious flaw that will end the season in august if it continues.

If history tells a Wolves fan anything it's that Van Straaten & Adams will do nothing to address an issue until it starts to hurt in their wallets. That's why Tai ended up here in the first place.

• Like 1

We'll done Wolves & it must be great watching little Pawlicki in your team & once again Pete Adams tanned Rosco's backside.

Not difficult since this robins team is on a par with the Scott Nicholls led side of 2011.

Tai is averaging over a point more than cook this season.

I agree both have disapointed and are arguably the biggest reasons their respective teams have underperformed this season.

This poster is known for not getting facts right tho!

And we need to see more of his GP engines like the one he used tonight.

Would agree,it's obvious his best equipment is keptfor elsewhere(except for special occasions).He is the only geniune World Class rider GB have though,and will be for the foreseeable future(based on last nights viewing)imo