British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Another that is going on about pre season chances.

Everybody thought that we were weak with very little support to Woffy. As it happens Wells and Thorssell are doing a grand job, Piotr is a revelation (i believe he was predicted to struggle to match his assessed average by some :rofl:) , so are the reserves most of the time. The only MAJOR concern is the form of Woffy. So lets be real now, if Woffy had performed as everyone predicted pre season (ie carrying the team) then we would have turned those dropped points into full ones and some would be choking on their pre season thoughts again, 2nd season running.

We are only ordinary this season because of the form of our number one. Other teams will have to hope Woffy doesn't turn things around because it is crystal clear with a firing Woffy we would be top 4 with ease.

Only the form of our World Champ is giving cause for concern. And to win home meetings against very strong visitors is evident just how good our `weak` support is doing.

You can big it up anyway you like but the bottom line is Wolves are struggling to beat anyone at home and have only won away at Leicester.

Kennett will replace Gustafsson at Swindon.

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooTHANK YOU

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooTHANK YOU

I take it that suggestion has left you slightly underwhelmed! :D

There's a number of fans who have suggested us signing Kennett in the past... I've always been very much against it as I've never really rated him and felt he'd reached his level..

However.. if that change fitted (don't know if it does) I'd strongly consider it.

Not that we will of course!

Mightn't be a bad idea. Tai could borrow his drill :t::D

• 1 month later...

Would it be fair to ask whether a rider who had shed 13% off his starting average should be under pressure for his team place?

he does not look interested in riding in the elite league to me and has already said on his yevo account that he needs to ride in the polish and Swedish leagues because they have better teams and looking at the way he was talking I would be very surprised if he rides in the elite league for wolves next season . and yes in answer to your question I think your correct he should be no different to any other rider in the team world champion or not

• Like 3

He's complaining about to many races in the EL but still accepts guest bookings which I find strange.

Puk did the same a few years back. Moaned about the number of meetings in the EL in the Star and ont he SGP website and then guested for Poole a few times that week. #SpeedwayRiderLogic

Tbf as an aces fan I would have happily had morton pc or ross shed a point or two off their bl average in exchange for them being world champ

I note also the amount of whinging from "supporters" about riders lacking loyalty.

And the same people urging riders be ditched whenever they have a dip in form.

I note also the amount of whinging from "supporters" about riders lacking loyalty.

And the same people urging riders be ditched whenever they have a dip in form.

• Like 4

Seeing as I started the conversation, here's the reasons.

# We have dropped points at home. The main reason is self evident. In order to repair the damage our team manager suggested that we would need to accumulate some away points to compensate. Strange that as I thought the team needed away points to supplement those gained at home in order to enhance their position in the league table.

# The 2 best chances so far to garner big away points, at Birmingham when they were really struggling and Coventry where quite a few things were in our favour, ended up in defeats, for the same reason as the dropped home points.

# Apart from the 'disagreement' between the rider and team manager live on Sky earlier in the season as to the what the issue(s) are we are being mushroom managed yet again.

# As has been pointed out by others, the scores away from the EL are now as would be expected.

# Joint top of the SGP standings.

# Questions would be being asked about any other rider who had shed 13% off his starting average, certainly by the fans and probably by the promotion. Why should anyone be immune because of his current status within the sport?

# Is the relationship between the rider and our team manager muddying the water in the search for a solution?

# Is there financial advantage in a promotion having the World Champion in their team come what may?

So should we replace him? You can only do that if there someone ready, willing, and able to do better and I can't see a viable alternative, others might. Unfortunately this leaves the rider as an 'untouchable'. It is then down to him and his professional pride to rectify the issues. We're into June and this hasn't happened yet, at least not as far as Wolves are concerned. There's a feeling that the team will 'surge' at the business end of the season, there's no green shoots as evidence of this yet as far as I can see. What was wrong 2 months ago is still wrong now.

My interest is in the team, not the individual. What is needed now is a large dose of honesty from all concerned, quickly.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Yes why not he is not doing his job being world champ means nothing if you are not doing the your job.

What a sensible idea, i mean there are loads of top class riders just waiting to come and ride in the EL. :rolleyes:

Worst post of the weekend.

Seeing as I started the conversation, here's the reasons.

# We have dropped points at home. The main reason is self evident. In order to repair the damage our team manager suggested that we would need to accumulate some away points to compensate. Strange that as I thought the team needed away points to supplement those gained at home in order to enhance their position in the league table.

CORRECT

# The 2 best chances so far to garner big away points, at Birmingham when they were really struggling and Coventry where quite a few things were in our favour, ended up in defeats, for the same reason as the dropped home points.

CORRECT

# Apart from the 'disagreement' between the rider and team manager live on Sky earlier in the season as to the what the issue(s) are we are being mushroom managed yet again.

QUITE POSSIBLY

# As has been pointed out by others, the scores away from the EL are now as would be expected.

CORRECT

# Joint top of the SGP standings.

CORRECT but that can change if he performs like the opening 2 rounds - and seeing how inconsistent he has been all season is a distinct possibility.

# Questions would be being asked about any other rider who had shed 13% off his starting average, certainly by the fans and probably by the promotion. Why should anyone be immune because of his current status within the sport?

AGREE that questions are being raised but just what are the alternatives (in reality) ?

# Is the relationship between the rider and our team manager muddying the water in the search for a solution?

That is something we don't know but i doubt it is tho.

# Is there financial advantage in a promotion having the World Champion in their team come what may?

Id like to think so, and why shouldn't there be perks for having the best rider in the World ride for your team?

So should we replace him? You can only do that if there someone ready, willing, and able to do better and I can't see a viable alternative, others might. Unfortunately this leaves the rider as an 'untouchable'. It is then down to him and his professional pride to rectify the issues. We're into June and this hasn't happened yet, at least not as far as Wolves are concerned. There's a feeling that the team will 'surge' at the business end of the season, there's no green shoots as evidence of this yet as far as I can see. What was wrong 2 months ago is still wrong now.

My interest is in the team, not the individual. What is needed now is a large dose of honesty from all concerned, quickly.

We shouldn't replace him no. and allow another team to take advantage of that average drop? No way. Plus it may muddy the water for ever more and who can blame a rider for walking away from a club that drops them because there form is `indifferent`. Not one of the top `class` riders in the EL is performing on any consistent basis - not even Iversen. So be careful what you wish for Wolves fans. Id rather back a rider than to chop and change with no loyalty. Otherwise that makes us like Poole. Successful ?? yes but looking after there own?? not much.

Wolves are not going to dump Woffy but if it was any other rider at any other club they would have been gone by now.

They wouldn't. Kings Lynn wouldn't dump Bjerre or iversen, Poole didn't drop Holder despite averaging less than 8 or would not replace Ward, the aces wouldn't drop Zagar.

Such a silly comment to make.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1