British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

as i said in janury, wolves were NEVER gonna be a threat

:rolleyes:

I know, the play offs are only 5 months away. No time to pull back the points. :icon_smile_clown:

On BBC WM Pete Adams said Pawlicki kept on getting in Woffy's way and that Piotr did not look for Woffy once.

Piotr looked for him twice and it was Tai that wanted to ride his own race. WRONG decision by PA.

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

I know, the play offs are only 5 months away. No time to pull back the points. :icon_smile_clown:

Piotr looked for him twice and it was Tai that wanted to ride his own race. WRONG decision by PA.

Tai speaks Polish so why is there a communication issue?

Tai speaks Polish so why is there a communication issue?

Good point. Assume the buffoon was wobbling on about the fact he can't communicate with Piotr.

I'm beginning to come to the opinion that Adams's relationship with Tai is affecting his judgement when it comes to the rest of the team evidenced by his outburst at Pawlicki. If he's not careful he'll end up dividing the 'dressing room', assuming it hasn't already happened.

• Like 7

as i said in janury, wolves were NEVER gonna be a threat

Not surprised to see I wasn't the only one who thought Wolves were ordinary this year, they appear to be dropping points at home to everyone.

If Woffinden doesn't get his act together soon it's going to be a very long season.

Not surprised to see I wasn't the only one who thought Wolves were ordinary this year, they appear to be dropping points at home to everyone.

If Woffinden doesn't get his act together soon it's going to be a very long seasonDon't

Don't agree at all. This team has three riders who have upped their averages,two draft riders who are at

least holding their own.Wolves problem lies with a number one who is not performing and going on heat 15

last night it looks like he's not bothered.

Don't agree at all. This team has three riders who have upped their averages,two draft riders who are at

least holding their own.Wolves problem lies with a number one who is not performing and going on heat 15

last night it looks like he's not bothered.

Of course every second string in the competition has, I believe, increased their average this season. Wolves issue has been, as everyone except steve brum expected at tge start of the season, that you dont have a genuine third hest leader, combined with tais unexpectedly poor form. Pawlicki has performed above expectations - everyone knew he wss quality, but he has settled very quickly.

The second strings have been as expected, you have decent reserves but Morris perhaps a little disapointing.

Been catching up with last week's Star. Was startled to read a comment from Tai ' I was never going to be showing world championship form from the start of the season'. :shock: What a strange, negative, thing to say, It can't be his injuries (prior to Leicester) because we were told they were sorted. This interview was referring to events at Bydgoszcz so was obviously recent.

Therefore it's reasonable to assume the seeds of his issues, whatever they may be, were in place before the season started, allegedly. I know absolutely naff all about mechanicals but surely, surely, a rider of his standing would have them sorted by now?

:neutral::neutral::neutral:

He also says he's been planting vegetables. I didn't realise his relationship with Adams had sunk that low :D

Guest GiveusaB

Dont worry guys you'll make up for it when you give us a bashing on Wednesday !

Just to throw a spanner in the works ? I'm sure Emil Sayfutinov would be world champion had he not got injured?

Taking nothing away from Tai, but he's got a lot on his shoulders......he's not a consistent world beater, like Hans Nielsen, Eric Gundersen, Bruce Penhall etc etc etc......were!

I wish he was riding for us!

Wolves have two problems (or one if you're the Wolves fans stood behind me a few years ago who got awfully excited that he was out every other race not realising that Ty/Tai were two different riders!). Woffy should be scoring 13-15 at home while Ty should be scoring 8 now as a second string. The rest are doing ok, Thorsell may have had a not so good meeting this week but has generally be good for Wolves.

Sadly for Wolves finding 9+ riders is not easy at any time and I can't immediately think of anyone that much better than Proctor to make a difference.

Edited by SCB

Truth of the matter is Adams licks Woffys bum and it will never be Woffys fault, simple fact Pior was quicker all night and if it wasn't for his scoring in the EL Wolves would be no where I certainly do not see them as a threat this year at all. All this Woffy has pressure on his shoulders is complete guff man up and get on with it you don't see other former world champions using this as an excuse.

• Like 2

Wolves have two problems (or one if you're the Wolves fans stood behind me a few years ago who got awfully excited that he was out every other races a few years ago not realising that Ty/Tai were two different riders!). Woffy should be scoring 13-15 at home while Ty should be scoring 8 now as a second string. The rest are doing ok, Thorsell may have had a not so good meeting this week but has generally be good for Wolves.

Sadly for Wolves finding 9+ riders is not easy at any time and I can't immediately think of anyone that much better than Proctor to make a difference.

Pretty much sums it up.

It's time for hard questions to be asked, no point in skirting around them for fear of upsetting anyone's feelings.

# How long, even if a (temporary?) replacement can be found, is it sensible to allow Tai's issues to continue to cost the club vital points? The glaringly obvious answer is Lindgren who appears to have miraculously resolved his issues with SVEMO regarding riding in other countries.

# If what we are getting from Ty is now the norm and last year's blinding form a distant memory is there anyone out there who could do better? There's one obvious one, which Adams & CVS will like as he's an asset, Aspgren. Took a major step forward with Rye last year and is building on it with Somerset this.

One thing's for certain, doing nothing is a sure fire way to mid table mediocrity. Unfortunately that's been a speciality of Adams & CVS over the years.

Can anyone confirm that Ty used to/still does live with Adams?

If Woffinden doesn't get his act together soon it's going to be a very long season.

Another that is going on about pre season chances.

Everybody thought that we were weak with very little support to Woffy. As it happens Wells and Thorssell are doing a grand job, Piotr is a revelation (i believe he was predicted to struggle to match his assessed average by some :rofl:) , so are the reserves most of the time. The only MAJOR concern is the form of Woffy. So lets be real now, if Woffy had performed as everyone predicted pre season (ie carrying the team) then we would have turned those dropped points into full ones and some would be choking on their pre season thoughts again, 2nd season running.

We are only ordinary this season because of the form of our number one. Other teams will have to hope Woffy doesn't turn things around because it is crystal clear with a firing Woffy we would be top 4 with ease.

Only the form of our World Champ is giving cause for concern. And to win home meetings against very strong visitors is evident just how good our `weak` support is doing.

Just to throw a spanner in the works ? I'm sure Emil Sayfutinov would be world champion had he not got injured?

Is this the same Emil that was dropping points left right and centre and had been reeled in by Tai BEFORE his injury you mean?? :icon_smile_clown:

I had Emil nailed on for the title after 3 rounds but his alarming drop in points wasn't the form of a would be World Champion. IMHO.

Edited by stevebrum

On BBC WM Pete Adams said Pawlicki kept on getting in Woffy's way and that Piotr did not look for Woffy once.

Which is an utter utter joke and a disgrace for him to say that.

Woffy nearly put Pawlicki in the fence in an earlier heat when we could have had a 5-1.

Quite how Pawlicki 'got in his way' when he rode a wheel perfect inside line is frankly ridiculous.

• Like 1

Which is an utter utter joke and a disgrace for him to say that.

I couldn't believe my ears :mad:

Woffy nearly put Pawlicki in the fence in an earlier heat when we could have had a 5-1.

Yep. Strangely the buffoon didn't mention it. :rolleyes:

Quite how Pawlicki 'got in his way' when he rode a wheel perfect inside line is frankly ridiculous.

Yep, that's Adams. :icon_smile_clown:

Another that is going on about pre season chances.

Everybody thought that we were weak with very little support to Woffy. As it happens Wells and Thorssell are doing a grand job, Piotr is a revelation (i believe he was predicted to struggle to match his assessed average by some :rofl:) , so are the reserves most of the time. The only MAJOR concern is the form of Woffy. So lets be real now, if Woffy had performed as everyone predicted pre season (ie carrying the team) then we would have turned those dropped points into full ones and some would be choking on their pre season thoughts again, 2nd season running.

We are only ordinary this season because of the form of our number one. Other teams will have to hope Woffy doesn't turn things around because it is crystal clear with a firing Woffy we would be top 4 with ease.

Only the form of our World Champ is giving cause for concern. And to win home meetings against very strong visitors is evident just how good our `weak` support is doing.

The problem at Wolves has more to do than just Woffys form. Last night Holder didn't score well either but Poole still managed a draw. Wolves are a heat leader short.

The problem at Wolves has more to do than just Woffys form. Last night Holder didn't score well either but Poole still managed a draw. Wolves are a heat leader short.

Holder and Woffy had similar nights Woffy 8, Holder 7. The match was drawn. Other than Shamek you were ordinary as well. Wells scored an ordinary score of 6, so did Poole heat leader Janowski.

Tai and Ty aren't scoring great but the other 5 are doing there jobs. Time yet to turn that around.

Holder and Woffy had similar nights Woffy 8, Holder 7. The match was drawn. Other than Shamek you were ordinary as well. Wells scored an ordinary score of 6, so did Poole heat leader Janowski.

Tai and Ty aren't scoring great but the other 5 are doing there jobs. Time yet to turn that around.

So Wolves drew at home to an ordinary team? But you think I'm wrong for suggesting they'll not make the play-offs?

Further to my last post, I see Kennett has had the sack. Kennett for Proctor?! :o

So Wolves drew at home to an ordinary team? But you think I'm wrong for suggesting they'll not make the play-offs?

Further to my last post, I see Kennett has had the sack. Kennett for Proctor?! :o

I didn't say Poole are an ordinary team, i said they had ordinary performers on the night.

With a usual Woffy and the likes of Jacob and Ricky having break thru seasons (plus 2 strong reserves) we would have a good chance of making the play offs. Its like ive said before everyone is entitled to an opinion, despite 99% saying the same thing last season.

As for Kennett for Proctor??? NO THANK YOU. :nono::mad:

There's a number of fans who have suggested us signing Kennett in the past... I've always been very much against it as I've never really rated him and felt he'd reached his level..

However.. if that change fitted (don't know if it does) I'd strongly consider it.

Not that we will of course!