British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Thi time last season there were many wondering (me included) if bringing Adam Skornicki back was a good idea after riding in only lower leagues elsewhere. However he proved everyone wrong and he soon returned to the rider we now he can be and I'm sure the same could be said of Ty this season.

The same Adam Skornicki who dropped the best part of a point off his average? Inspired!

rubbish happens, riders get dropped all the time. Im not sure why there such outrage over this.

Signing someone and allowing them to plan their season to work for you, then releasing them before their first day at work is not acceptable in my opinion, and doesn't do anything for the reputation of Somerset's management. Good luck for the season Ty.

So when is it acceptable to drop a rider? 1 meeting in? 2? 6? 12? 40? He's after tonight ridden 5 meeting this season and has been dreadful in all 5.

I know you wont want to hear this but there was something strange about Proctor last night.

He came out in his first race and looked quite reasonable for a couple of laps even though at the back, then he rode onto the 'Tractor Area' near the second Pit gate and sat on his bike without switching off waiting for the race to finish. As soon as the gate opened he just rode back into the Pits along the concrete track. There did not seem anything wrong with his bike and then he withdrew. I hope he has not got other problems.

At least this gave an opportunity to Lewis Blackbird for his first big meeting and he promptly beat Michelsen and gave Freddie Lindgren a real go for two laps drawing along side him but couldn't get past him. He looked real happy!

The other Wolves asset Adam Skornicki was as good as I have seen him, fast out of the trap and much smoother than in the past. No doughnuts either so I think he is taking it more seriously now

Proctor withdrew from meeting tonight with bike problems

Personally I'm more than happy to see how he goes when back in the team environment. Hopefully that does the trick as it's undeniable he's been pants so far. The one thing that does concern me is when I hear the phrase 'bike problems'. The world and his wife know that over the years that to cover up all manner of issues. The worry is he's done several meetings and all have ended in the same result. Does it really take that long to resolve recurring 'bike problems'? I sincerely hope the issue really is between his legs and not his ears or we've got a big issue before a wheel has turned in anger. :unsure:

Edited by Wolfsbane

IMO Ty is the reason Wolves wont make the play offs. He looks by far the weakest heat leader and even some clubs second strings look better.

Edward Kennett? Kenneth Hansen? Cameron Woodward? Lewis Bridger? Patrick Hougaard?

That confident are we?

You make yourself a hostage to fortune with statements like that. By far. ;)

Edward Kennett? Kenneth Hansen? Cameron Woodward? Lewis Bridger? Patrick Hougaard?

That confident are we?

You make yourself a hostage to fortune with statements like that. By far. ;)

Id rather have them all than Ty. Id also rather have Ljung, Josh G, Worrall and more. Just an opinion but any Wolves fan who says there not slightly concerned about Proctor as a third heat leader with what he's showed so far in serious denial

Id rather have them all than Ty. Id also rather have Ljung, Josh G, Worrall and more. Just an opinion but any Wolves fan who says there not slightly concerned about Proctor as a third heat leader with what he's showed so far in serious denial

Not me! See post 812 :D

They're all better than him

We'll see. You're odds on at the moment though ;)

IMO Ty is the reason Wolves wont make the play offs. He looks by far the weakest heat leader and even some clubs second strings look better.

Who is denial?? Ty IS the lowest 3rd leader on starting average.

His true average last season showed he was better last season than all the riders mentioned.

What he or any of the other mentioned do this season will be proved as the season goes on, not before.

And you think there isn't a Wolves fan NOT worried about Ty at the moment??

Team racing is different and he will be given his chances. We at least look after our own at our club.

Who is denial?? Ty IS the lowest 3rd leader on starting average.

His true average last season showed he was better last season than all the riders mentioned.

What he or any of the other mentioned do this season will be proved as the season goes on, not before.

And you think there isn't a Wolves fan NOT worried about Ty at the moment??

Team racing is different and he will be given his chances. We at least look after our own at our club.

Ill give it a month and if no improvement from Proctor, the chop could be heading his way.

A question, would you quite happily have a rider who isn't doing the job for the team, and not scoring the points, or would you sack him, and get a rider in who could score points and push you up the table....

I know what I'd prefer, and that's silverware, and currently with Proctor riding like this, your going to get no where near anything. Still, its pre-season, he MIGHT come good.

Ill give it a month and if no improvement from Proctor, the chop could be heading his way.

A question, would you quite happily have a rider who isn't doing the job for the team, and not scoring the points, or would you sack him, and get a rider in who could score points and push you up the table....

I know what I'd prefer, and that's silverware, and currently with Proctor riding like this, your going to get no where near anything. Still, its pre-season, he MIGHT come good.

Obviously no fan is going to be happy watch a rider struggle for month after month if the team is suffering.

I hope Ty gets a fair chance but its what we do in September that matters, NOT now anyway.

Lets see what he does for his TEAM first and foremost. Ty has much more pride with a Wolves jacket on. Hopefully the other boys will rally round and assist if its just pure mechanical issues.

We really know it isn't. He already mentioned at the talk in he was a little worried before he came over.

He needs time and the others to do there job whilst he gets himself mentally ready.

Obviously no fan is going to be happy watch a rider struggle for month after month if the team is suffering.

I hope Ty gets a fair chance but its what we do in September that matters, NOT now anyway.

Lets see what he does for his TEAM first and foremost. Ty has much more pride with a Wolves jacket on. Hopefully the other boys will rally round and assist if its just pure mechanical issues.

We really know it isn't. He already mentioned at the talk in he was a little worried before he came over.

He needs time and the others to do there job whilst he gets himself mentally ready.

I think you need to do something before September, as otherwise them playoffs will be out of reach.

What did he say he was worried about? Missed that tbh. On his day, a great all action rider, and one I wanted around the EOES, so hope he gets his head sorted.

I think you need to do something before September, as otherwise them playoffs will be out of reach.

What did he say he was worried about? Missed that tbh. On his day, a great all action rider, and one I wanted around the EOES, so hope he gets his head sorted.

Well that's my point! We need the team (whether its the same starting 1-7) firing at the right time.

I did do a summary of the talk in but basically he said he was worried he was getting beaten by local kids in his first couple of meetings but felt better just before he was due to come over. Said he rang PA to talk that issue through. Think the management are aware he needs time to settle and regain his confidence. However they, like us, must be a little concerned about his scoring in some of the Open meetings.

No doubt there will be a back up plan but i am sure they (and most sensible Wolves fans) want to see the Ty from last year. If he gets there in the next 4-6 weeks then we should be laughing all the way to the play offs.

However one step at a time!

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2