British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

1 looks like it could be the 'easiest' heat leader spot to me. I'd put Schlein at 1, Bjerre at 3 and Iversen at 5 if I were the Lynn team manager.

Personally, I can't see any top rider being happy being the No'5 slot for home meetings. It's far too much like hard work getting heats 3 & 5 then 11, 13, 15.

Home & away lineups for me should look different to get the better out of the format

Home

1, Iversen

2, Lambert

3, Bjerre

4, Porsing

5, Schlein

Away

1, Schlein

2, Porsing

3, Bjerre

4, Lambert

5, Iversen

It will come down to what the riders want, not what the team manager / promoter wants.

Riders seem to prefer a settled riding order from what I can work out from comments they make. I doubt you'll see a riding order that's different from one meeting to the next, though obviously it could change over the course of a full season.

Riders will prefer the same 'pairings' on a regular basis, but I can certainly see a number of clubs using a 'home' riding order and an 'away' riding order to suit different tracks.

Lets just hope that all the numbers are interchangeable on kevlars and bikes!!!!!!!???

Hi

Maybe few words about Rafal Konopka from Poland in practise?

Just noticed this post. Does this lad wear white and blue with a #11 on his back? There was a rider I couldn't identify at both Wolves and Birmingham P&P this week so I wonder whether it was him?

If Tai is going to beat #1 then the thought may be that Ty Procto is better off at #5 so he goes out twice with Tai and twice with Pawlicki.

Trouble is that against teams like Kings Lynn, Belle Vue or Poole, Ty will only get to face their heat leaders. How many points will Ty get considering he is only a 5.78 rider (at least a point below) and returning from injury ?

So... it seems clear that No 3 is the toughest riding position... No 3 gives the best opportunity for tac's away from home... yet we have one thing confirmed in the riding order, Tai is at No 1.4

Away at least, I'd put my worst heatleader at 3 to get his two hardest rides out of the way and he ends against the two second strings. So you should end a meeting a lot stronger. Also the ride after his 2nd ride has your 1 and 5 against a second string, a nice heat for a TR I would think. this also allow your number 1 to go out and win heat 1.