British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Interesting article from a different slant. I wasn't aware of his fitness regime throughout 2013 and I am sure this had a lot to do with his success last year especially his recoveries from the injuries.

Thanks for putting this on the forum. :t:

Tai was unbelievable on fitness duting the season and there are many more things that haven't been put in press that he did during the season.

At one GP he had his bicycle with him as he trained for his Wolverampton - Cardiff ride. The day before the meeting he trained for at least three hours on his bike, two hours running and also a swimming session.

As many of the riders decided to relax in the bar after the practice session, Tai had a light bite to eat before hittig his bed around 8pm. By 5am he was up and off down the pool for a few lengths before breakfast and then got on his bike to cycle the 15 miles to the track. After looking around, doing a few interviews etc he cycled back to his hotel, had a bite to eat and then a few hours kip.

Then it was back on his bike to the track for the meeting and a shower before getting changed into his racing gear. Although details may be a little off the mark, this was oughly the regime he did and if memory serves me right it was either in Prague or Poland.

Slightly off subject, in Poland when he was interviewed, they speak to him in broken English .......... only for him to reply in Polish

Shame that Joe Jacobs wasn't snapped up by Wolverhampton rather than a team he doesn't ride for.

He did ride for them last season in the NL, but we've missed a trick not putting an offer in as it would have given us priority this season too. .

I'm guessing the Cov owners are buying him more for Peterboroughs sake, long term but why not buy him as a panthers asset?

Edited by superguest

He did ride for them last season in the NL, but we've missed a trick not putting an offer in as it would have given us priority this season too. .

I'm guessing the Cov owners are buying him more for Peterboroughs sake, long term but why not buy him as a panthers asset?

I think I'm right in saying Horton does not yet own Peterborough.

Draft riders can only be replaced by draft riders not signed up and the replacing rider must be ranked lower than the rider they are replacing.

It will be interesting if a high ranked draft pick is struggling and replaced by a lower ranked rider who is going well.

Heat 01:

v

Heat 02:

v

Heat 03:

v

Heat 04:

v

Heat 05:

v

Heat 06:

v

Heat 07:

v

Heat 08:

v

Heat 09:

v

Heat 10:

v

Heat 11:

v

Heat 12:

v

Heat 13:

v

Heat 14:

v

Heat 15:

Top Scorers
v
Top Scorers

The new format could mean a drastic changes to how a team lines up and possibly the teams top rider not at #1

The #5 rider has ALL his rides alongside another heat leader....... could this be a bit of a restraint on Ty Proctor as he would only face an opposing second string (#4) twice and all others are heat leaders. Against a well balanced team he could be the lowest averaged rider in most races.

With the #3 jacket finishing his programmed rides by heat 11 at home and heat 10 way then this could be the best option for Ty but away the #3 is available for a tatical ride in three races of the six where you can make thetactical move and therefore I feel Piotr would be better here than Ty.

This then means that the best place to put Ty is at #1 where he would be out in heat 1 which he has done in most meetings in both leagues anyway and would also have two rides alongside Tai which last season had a near 50% success rate in 5-1 heat wins when together. With Ty at #1, he has two rides with #2 and that is best for Ricky Wells to partner him.

WOLVERHAMPTON "Parrys International Wolves" 2014

#1 - Tyron Proctor ...................... 5.78

#2 - Ricky Wells ......................... 5.35

#3 - Piotr Pawlicki ....................... 7.00

#4 - Jacob Thorssell .................... 4.61

#5 - Tai Woffinden ...................... 9.20

#6 - Joe Jacobs .......................... 3.00

#7 - Ashley Morris ....................... 3.00

Edited by T.N.T.

Interesting to see how certain teams will be affected by the format.

Belle Vue for instance have three quality heat leaders in Zagar, Cook and Nicholls while Richie Worrall is a solid second string while MP Toft will have a few easier races but will no doubt struggle but the powerful top four looks a good balance however with the format, ANY ride riding at #5 especially could easily work his socks off all night and score just 3 paid 4 ...... even Tai !!

Going on the example of Belle Vue lining up as Zagar, Toft, Cook, Worrall, Nicholls, Nielsen, Read .......

Birmingham with King, Nermark, Barker, Skornicki, Kennett, Starke, Lambert

Poole with Pawlicki, Grajczonek, Janowski, Milik, Ward, Newman, Smart

............ then this is how meetings could look at Monmore Green

Heat 01: 12v12 Proctor/Wells v King/Nermark v Zagar/Toft v Shamek/Josh

Heat 02: 67v67 Jacobs/Morris v Starke/Lambert v Nielsen/Reade v Newman/Smart

Heat 03: 35v35 Pawlicki/Tai v Barker/Kennett v Cook/Nicholls v Janowski/Ward

Heat 04: 46v27 Thorsell/Morris v Nermark/Lambert v Toft/Read v Josh/Smart

Heat 05: 15v34 Proctor/Tai v Barker/Skornicki v Cook/Worrall v Janowski/Milik ......... away #4 first appearance !!

Heat 06: 34v15 Pawlicki/Thorssell v King/Kennett v Zagar/Nicholls v Shamek/Ward

Heat 07: 27v46 Wells/Morris v Skornicki/Starke v Worrall/Nielsen v Milik/Newman

Heat 08: 34v23 Pawlicki/Thorsell v Nermark/Barker v Toft/Cook v Josh/Janowski ........ home #4 third ride in 5 heats

Heat 09: 67v67 Jacobs/Morris v Starke/Lambert v Nielsen/Reade v Newman/Smart

Heat 10: 12v35 Proctor/Wells v Barker/Kennett v Cook/Nicholls v Janowski/Ward

Heat 11: 35v14 Pawlicki/Tai v King/Skornicki v Zagar/Worrall v Shamek/Milik

Heat 12: 26v27 Wells/Jacobs v Nermark/Lambert v Toft/Reade v Josh/Smart

Heat 13: 15v15 Proctor/Tai v King/Kennett v Zagar/Nicholls v Shamek/Ward

Heat 14: 47v46 Thorsell/Morris v Skornicki/Starke v Worrall/Nielsen v Milik/Newman

Heat 15: Top Scorers v Top Scorers

I have put Tai Woffinden and Edward Kennett in bold to highlight what a #5 is likley to be facing during a meetng

The heat leaders are certainly going to earn their money ....... which concerns me a bit as a rider like Ty Proctor or Nick Morris are going to struggle earning just a few points each night while a reserve is picking up 10 points at £40 a time at reserve and not moving up into the team at any time

• Like 1

Interesting to see how certain teams will be affected by the format.

Belle Vue for instance have three quality heat leaders in Zagar, Cook and Nicholls while Richie Worrall is a solid second string while MP Toft will have a few easier races but will no doubt struggle but the powerful top four looks a good balance however with the format, ANY ride riding at #5 especially could easily work his socks off all night and score just 3 paid 4 ...... even Tai !!

Going on the example of Belle Vue lining up as Zagar, Toft, Cook, Worrall, Nicholls, Nielsen, Read .......

Birmingham with King, Nermark, Barker, Skornicki, Kennett, Starke, Lambert

Poole with Pawlicki, Grajczonek, Janowski, Milik, Ward, Newman, Smart

............ then this is how meetings could look at Monmore Green

Heat 01: 12v12 Proctor/Wells v King/Nermark v Zagar/Toft v Shamek/Josh

Heat 02: 67v67 Jacobs/Morris v Starke/Lambert v Nielsen/Reade v Newman/Smart

Heat 03: 35v35 Pawlicki/Tai v Barker/Kennett v Cook/Nicholls v Janowski/Ward

Heat 04: 46v27 Thorsell/Morris v Nermark/Lambert v Toft/Read v Josh/Smart

Heat 05: 15v34 Proctor/Tai v Barker/Skornicki v Cook/Worrall v Janowski/Milik ......... away #4 first appearance !!

Heat 06: 34v15 Pawlicki/Thorssell v King/Kennett v Zagar/Nicholls v Shamek/Ward

Heat 07: 27v46 Wells/Morris v Skornicki/Starke v Worrall/Nielsen v Milik/Newman

Heat 08: 34v23 Pawlicki/Thorsell v Nermark/Barker v Toft/Cook v Josh/Janowski ........ home #4 third ride in 5 heats

Heat 09: 67v67 Jacobs/Morris v Starke/Lambert v Nielsen/Reade v Newman/Smart

Heat 10: 12v35 Proctor/Wells v Barker/Kennett v Cook/Nicholls v Janowski/Ward

Heat 11: 35v14 Pawlicki/Tai v King/Skornicki v Zagar/Worrall v Shamek/Milik

Heat 12: 26v27 Wells/Jacobs v Nermark/Lambert v Toft/Reade v Josh/Smart

Heat 13: 15v15 Proctor/Tai v King/Kennett v Zagar/Nicholls v Shamek/Ward

Heat 14: 47v46 Thorsell/Morris v Skornicki/Starke v Worrall/Nielsen v Milik/Newman

Heat 15: Top Scorers v Top Scorers

I have put Tai Woffinden and Edward Kennett in bold to highlight what a #5 is likley to be facing during a meetng

The heat leaders are certainly going to earn their money ....... which concerns me a bit as a rider like Ty Proctor or Nick Morris are going to struggle earning just a few points each night while a reserve is picking up 10 points at £40 a time at reserve and not moving up into the team at any time

You have high hopes for our reserves 10 points a night if that happens we have won the league.

Surely if a heat leader is struggling for points his average will drop and he'll swop places with a second string who has been scoring well from easier rides - that's always been the way, although I admit that's not as easy with rolling averages. We're in a new system and I suspect there may have to be a few changes along the way if it is to be fair to all riders.

I'm a bit puzzled by the apparent lack of faith in Proctor. OK, so he's been out for a while injured, but it wasn't the kind of dramatic injury that destroys the confidence of riders (Mikael Max's broken leg springs to mind). He's a heat leader now, but there are only a small handful of riders in the league he wouldn't fancy his chances against, especially at Monmore. Look at the EL line-ups and there are any number of riders in the top three I wouldn't rate as genuine heat leaders. I reckon at 5.78 Proctor looks to be one of the best value riders in the league.