British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Riding at home in EL on 24th March against Birmingham and then no home meeting till the 14th April?

We could ride the two Mondays following the Brummies match ....... but with no Tai against a KL team without Iversen and Bjerre ..... a Coventry team without Harris ..... a Poole team without Ward ...... a Belle Vue team without Zagar

It is probably better to have two weeks off ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets hope Ty gets a injury free season along with all the other lads. One or Two people I have spoken to have wrote us off before a wheel as been turned I don't think we will be that bad can we make the play offs im not sure but we wont be the wiping boys as some think.

If you remember the hoards wrote us off last season, and as expected they were spectacularly shown up, you would think some would learn from their mistakes! :rofl:

I think our team will take a while to gel but i can see us being a threat later in the season.

• Like 1

Well Done to Tai Woffinden on winning the Motor Cycle News Man of the Year award with double the amount of votes than any other person. In a ceremony that is highly dominated by road racing and moto x this is an amazing achievement and credit yet again to Tai on highlighting the sport even more.

• Like 5

Wolves look pretty competitive to me. Excellent number one in Woffinden with decent back up in Proctor and Pawlicki.

Pawlicki I would expect to be better the longer the season goes on. Proctor, to my mind, is a key factor. Wolves suffered last season because rolling averages didn't catch up with his form and limited their scope for a replacement. This year they get the other side of that particular coin, as he carries an average below the level of ability he displayed last year. I think it's imperative that he makes a decent start. As one of the sport's more introspective types, he tends IMHO to over-ride if he feels things aren't going well and that can start a negative spiral.

• Like 5

Pawlicki I would expect to be better the longer the season goes on. Proctor, to my mind, is a key factor. Wolves suffered last season because rolling averages didn't catch up with his form and limited their scope for a replacement. This year they get the other side of that particular coin, as he carries an average below the level of ability he displayed last year. I think it's imperative that he makes a decent start. As one of the sport's more introspective types, he tends IMHO to over-ride if he feels things aren't going well and that can start a negative spiral.

I agree, big season ahead for Ty. The doubling up helped last season and with him getting plenty of racing for Somerset (and Sweden?) he should hit the ground running again. He wont have the protection of Tai anymore and what a pairing they were last season.

Pawlicki also keeping him fit and focused on his UK commitments will be pivotal.

Despite having the WC at No1 and two decent reserves Wolves look a bottom half side to me but who knows, many of us said the same last year.

If they can stay injury free, i expect them to be in the mix again. Lots of improvement in the Wolves team imo..

• Like 1

Agree with that Blu. In particular if, as you say, the team stays injury free and Ty can hit the ground running, I reckon Wolves will be there at the sharp end!!

Think if you look at just the top five,might be a bit of a struggle to make the play-offs,but with the two reserves we have in place,they could make all the difference between success and failure.

As a combo,probably as strong of any in the league.

• Like 1

Think if you look at just the top five,might be a bit of a struggle to make the play-offs,but with the two reserves we have in place,they could make all the difference between success and failure.

The make up of different teams re strong top end or weaker top end but strength in depth for the main five and with the added new format of PL and NL reserves makes this season interesting. Which team make up will be best, the first month of meetings will show up any weaknesses in team make ups.

As you say Tommy Wolves could be as strong as any in the league.

Edited by A ORLOV

Indeed. A club with a reserve (two for preference!) who can score freely away from home should find itself well-placed under the new format. Going to be an interesting season.