British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Would CVS take a risk on KK, Pawlicki`s, Sundstrom, Larsen as a leader of the side???

KK seems to be out but if need be he may be an emergency call

Sundstrom and Larsen are ok but signing either leaves just oer 5 for the final place if Ti signs .... signing both without Tai would still leave over 7 points and there isn't many more to name

Prez Pawlicki is around 7 but what was Piotr's assessed average 6.50 or 6.00 ?

Peter Ljung would be a good signing with the right combination and would rise a few smiles with a few people if he was at Monmore ':)

........stevebrum....... Would CVS take a risk on KK, Pawlicki`s, Sundstrom, Larsen as a leader of the side???

I think you are probably worrying over nothing and Tai will be in the side, but I just couldn't resist a little titter at the thought of K.K. being in the Wolverhampton team and what your reaction would be. :lol:

• Like 4

My reaction would be non attendance!! lol

Same as KK then

One meeting you have to admire him, the next you wished his flight had been cancelled ;)

• Like 3

Pawlicki on a 6.50 would make him the second heat leader and it is more likely that Ricky Wells would fit the last place depending on Tai coming back from his skiing holiday thinking about the people that have been there for him so far and puts pen to paper and signs up.

No doubt Tai is getting a team together that helps him arrange things in what will be a very busy season ahead but he has good sponsors and fans at Wolves and he does want to ride for Wolves so a deal should be sorted out.

Its Wolves or nowt for Tai if he rides in Britain.With P,boro now gone,theres only Poole that could afford him,and the sort financial package that he would want.

Obviously no room for Tai at Wimbourne Rd,so is it now a matter of take it or leave it for whats on offer.

With his other racing commitments,Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs Wolves.If it is about money then some middle ground needs to be reached before this transfers into a major" Huston we have am problem".

• Like 1

Tai will be back at Monmore.

Can't see him not riding in the UK. Just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract.

The World Champion will be a huge draw for all tracks across the UK in terms of media interest and the sport can't afford him not to participate and nor can Wolverhampton.

Can't see him not riding in the UK. Just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract.

The World Champion will be a huge draw for all tracks across the UK in terms of media interest and the sport can't afford him not to participate and nor can Wolverhampton.

Lets hope he remains affordable by the sport and Wolves then.

Lets hope he remains affordable by the sport and Wolves then.

Fully agree with that - he will be sorely missed as Holder will if he doesn't ride in the UK. But at the same time, why shouldn't he get remunerated at the same level as Holder, Gollob, Sayfutdinov etc?

• Like 2

Fully agree with that - he will be sorely missed as Holder will if he doesn't ride in the UK. But at the same time, why shouldn't he get remunerated at the same level as Holder, Gollob, Sayfutdinov etc?

Don`t get me wrong, i fully agree that he should be earning top dollar as he is clearly worth it.

I just hope he isn't pricing himself out of British Speedway as it is clear we cannot afford the same prices on offer as available abroad.

It may be true that Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs us. That said he would be crazy to NOT ride in the EL as current BRITISH World Champion.

At this stage for me no announcement could indicate that there is probably no middle ground met on any deal so far.

I am still hoping we Wolves fans get the Christmas present we all want and that is Tai signed up for next year.

• Like 2

Ljung is Leicester bound. Zengota for Monmore Green.

Sadly not

Until Tai signs up the 12.41 left for the other two is all but sorted but obviously they cant do anything until the get Tai signing on the dotted line.

Would have loved Peter Ljung at Monmore and at 5.60 he is much better than that but with under six points posibly left for the final rider then Ricky Wells may be the obvious choice but if there is more than six points left then Zengota would be a good signing when you look at the team balance and who the team is likely to be.

A bit worried that Tai doesnt have the back up of an established rider but there is potential and you should never write off Wolves !!

Don`t get me wrong, i fully agree that he should be earning top dollar as he is clearly worth it.

I just hope he isn't pricing himself out of British Speedway as it is clear we cannot afford the same prices on offer as available abroad.

It may be true that Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs us. That said he would be crazy to NOT ride in the EL as current BRITISH World Champion.

At this stage for me no announcement could indicate that there is probably no middle ground met on any deal so far.

I am still hoping we Wolves fans get the Christmas present we all want and that is Tai signed up for next year.

Don't know why but I have a gut feeling that Tai will agree terms and line up with Wolves and that will fantastic for British speedway..................and Wolves of course!

If this is about Money , I hope Tai realises that being will World Champion will hardly raise the Gate at Wolverhampton , maybe ..... the Management will have a promotional push to try bring in more Fans , Times are hard and CVS has always been prudent when offering deals to Riders , That's why Wolves have run for so long under the same Promotion

I wonder which side of the Fence Peter Adams will be sitting on ??

Lucky

PS - Personally I hope he signs , British Speedway needs our WC to race here,

I think the first line in Little end's post is what I am most concerned about. Will Tai's presence raise the gate enough to justify a massive wage increase. Maybe Wolves need to find a big British sponsor for Tai to help.

You honestly think more fans will go to watch a Wolves team with the world champion in it than a team that previously had him in it last season with Freddie as well?.

Can't see it myself & only see less fans not more.

• Like 1