British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

I think if you asked most non-Wolves fans prior to the play-offs, you would find that the majority thought that Wolves were the weakest team in the play-offs (with or without Tai) - which is probably why Brummies picked them (as well as the big pay-day). Having said that, I also thought that Swindon would beat Poole :sad:

Correct, but I'm not talking about what happened before, I'm referring to what happened on track. The Wolves 2nd strings and reserves scored a LOT more pts than in previous encounters with Birmingham so they did raise their game.

7pts from Tai Woffindens replacements over 2 meetings simply could not be covered for in a side built with two big hitters.

Those are the breaks, Birmingham took advantage, no issues there.

I appreciate what your saying BW, but remember how much flack the poole fans got last season for saying injuries ruined their play off final?

Ward, for whatever reason, was missing and was the leagues star rider and would of been nailed on to score more than harris' 8 points

Pawlicki was averaging ten at home albeit from about four meetings but again there was nothing to suggest he wouldnt of scored more than the 5 points rr accumilated for him.

I remember shovvy getting loads of stick for suggesting the pirates were weakened which going on your theory suggests he was right

I appreciate what your saying BW, but remember how much flack the poole fans got last season for saying injuries ruined their play off final?

Ward, for whatever reason, was missing and was the leagues star rider and would of been nailed on to score more than harris' 8 points

Pawlicki was averaging ten at home albeit from about four meetings but again there was nothing to suggest he wouldnt of scored more than the 5 points rr accumilated for him.

I remember shovvy getting loads of stick for suggesting the pirates were weakened which going on your theory suggests he was right

Not making excuses Pinny, thats speedway. My only point is to those suggesting that the rest of the team didn't do their jobs, which in the main they did.

With drastic changes due next season, it will mean all teams having to rebuild and Wolves will almost certainly have to release Tai or Fred and I can't see Tai going anywhere else and Fred will possibly spearhead another team. Coventry would be a good move but if he is in the GPs it may be hard to commit if there are more fixtures.

Wolverhampton will have a decent list of assets with low averages to call upon like Aspgren while Thorssell looks to be a star in the making while Ty Proctor hopefully comes back in the form he was showing before the Injury.

Wolves will look at bringing in a decent second heat leader and wouldn't be surprised if Bomber made the switch to Monmore Green.

I can't see Freddie racing at Wolves nor indeed anywhere in the UK in League racing!! He's done his time valiantly, had the testimonial and probably won't fit within whatever the 2014 rules are!

Correct, but I'm not talking about what happened before, I'm referring to what happened on track. The Wolves 2nd strings and reserves scored a LOT more pts than in previous encounters with Birmingham so they did raise their game.

Considering how rubbish they were in the previous match at Birmingham, when Wolves were thrashed, that's not difficult!

Considering how rubbish they were in the previous match at Birmingham, when Wolves were thrashed, that's not difficult!

Actually, with the way the teams are built, it is quite difficult, although I accept what you say. There are previous meetings however where Wolves lost by only 2 at Brum, still with most the team not really contributing.

I can't see Freddie racing at Wolves nor indeed anywhere in the UK in League racing!! He's done his time valiantly, had the testimonial and probably won't fit within whatever the 2014 rules are!

So you are suggesting Holder, Ward, Woffy, Zagar, Andersen wont be either? :shock:

So you are suggesting Holder, Ward, Woffy, Zagar, Andersen wont be either? :shock:

I actually don't think Holder or Ward will be at Poole next year. I think Woffy will be at Wolves - as World Champion it would be crazy for him not to be! Zagar maybe if the National Stadium is built and that was part of his deal. Andersen - who cares? I'm talking about top 'GP standard' riders!

• Like 1

I actually don't think Holder or Ward will be at Poole next year. I think Woffy will be at Wolves - as World Champion it would be crazy for him not to be! Zagar maybe if the National Stadium is built and that was part of his deal. Andersen - who cares? I'm talking about top 'GP standard' riders!

Saucer of milk at dissing Hans :P:D

Can see Ward so long as he still wants to.

It is very much guess work as to what team strengths are going to be next season but it does seem that finally British Speedway is going to make the sport financially viable by cutting down on the big earners and concentrating more on the regular and committed second strings that are not racing so much abroad in various leagues and competitions.

Thankfully Tai has seen the benefit of racing in Poland, Britain and the GP's and not having such a cluttered fixture list and think that will continue next season as Tai lines up at Monmore Green as the #1 in the team, the league and the world. Howeverif the points limit is lowered, it is more likely that Wolves could then only fit in two riders around the six mark to back him up. That could point towards Skornicki and Proctor while Ricky Wells and Jacob Thorssell are sure to be in the plans too.

Those five total 31.08 so if the limit is lowered some what, then there would be little left for the last two places so you would have to be looking at Pontus Aspgren 3.15 (34.23) as a possible and the final place possibly going to Ashley Morris who would also double up if riders are allowed to. Basically it would be replacing the Lindgren's with Aspgren and Morris.

That is going to be the big question for me. It's ok saying there will be less top riders and the likes of Barker, Proctor, Cook etc becoming heat leaders next season, but if there are going to be more matches then how could they also double up as PL teams wont be much weaker and there will be more official fixtures which would give more clashes in meetings. If you stop these riders doubling up, they will look to ride abroad also which then begs the question of availability once more.

It's going to be an interesting close season and it looks like everyone will have to pay a penalty in some way for the over spending by tracks for too long and hopefully tracks, riders and fans will see a benefit in the long run with a healthy British Speedway scene that is affordable for all even if it means some riders in the lower leagues maybe having to work during the season to pay the bills.

Ludvig - Relaxed if he stays, relaxed if he goes. Presume Brum won't want him

I woulden't be so sure, I expect us to retain Covatti who should improve with experience, but Auty has stagnated a bit this year and Mick Horton will undoubtedly be a pain in the arse to any attempt to retain him, so I suspect Brum will need a 2nd reserve and could well recall Lindgren Jnr.

Ward and holder will be at Poole when the points limit is raised to 50 for 2014.

If the points limit is lower than 38, I think you can forget everyone on a 9 average bar Woofy, two big hitters with such a points limit would be madness as the other 5 would barely be batter than reserves.

For Poole it will be Holder or Ward or more likely neither.