British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Looks like Ricky Wells is unlikely now as he and Ashley Morris have both signed for Workington and I don't think you can have two doubling up riders from the same Premier League team

Doesn't matter. Wolves own both so both will ride for wolves if their is a clash. The problem will be Workingtons. And I don't think theres ever actually been such a rule it was just a degree of commonsense coming in to play.

Can't remember any other EL team having two riders from the same PL team doubling up and think there is a rule in place that stops this.

Seriously think they are looking at PK or Batchelor with Aspgren or Masters

With Wolves having the World #1 and the highest averaging rider in the league, in my opinion it would be suicidal not to have a strong pair of second strings and in signing Nicholls/Gustafsson or Zengota/Skornicki te team would have a powerful line up and hopefully reserves to match.

Woffinden, Nicholls, Proctor, Gustafsson, Thorssell ...... or ...... Woffinden, Zengota, Skornicki, Proctor, Thorssell would gve the team good second strings to use in the heats with the reserves and also score points in other races.

I'm yet to be convinced the second strings are at all important. Assuming on the new format, that generally second strings are (significantly) stronger than most reserves, it is only the opposition second strings that become an issue.

If the race format is two reserve races, and four heats with reserves and second strings, you generally expect your second strings to get 2nd places. So an expected loss of 4 points v equality (8 on swing but that's an equally opposite extreme.)

But the remaining 9 heats (including Heat 15) will include heat leaders (2*5 and 1*4 = 14 plus 4 second strings). If the 2nd strings meet again you have 7 heats of exclusively heat leaders and you lose 2 more v equality. But either way a top heavy team will surely lick their lips at these 9 heats. Imagine Ward, Holder and KK in 2012 with this format. Even with weak second strings it would be a walk in the park. The biggest game changer would be reserves where the points differential in those 6 heats could be issue.

As things stand the only reason I'd strengthen at 2nd string is if my reserves looked likely to concede 5-1's to most opposition reserves.

Can't remember any other EL team having two riders from the same PL team doubling up and think there is a rule in place that stops this.

Seriously think they are looking at PK or Batchelor with Aspgren or Masters

Don't think there is a rule.

Rosco said last year he didn't want Doyle and Morris in the Swindon team because they were on the same team and it could cause problems.. nothing was said about a rule preventing it.

Interesting that Ricky has gone to Workington, particularly given that Ashley is likely to be our 1st pick at reserve.

It is always a weird situation when the PL club that LOANS a rider from its parent club then get first priority.

I wonder if this is still the case this season?

Either way it is a risk using 2 riders from the same PL club, and would be unfair on either club having to miss 2 riders.

I was assuming PK and Wells would be the other 2 in the top 5 but maybe there is another plan in store now.

I see some have mentioned Batchelor. He is a bit like Schlein, had one great EL season and the rest average.

PK or Batchelor? No question as to who id prefer.

However IF Batchelor gives us a few more points for the other rider then id say its worth thinking about. That would then all depend on the other rider, so long as it isnt Zengota who is generally poor away. Is great at Monmore however.

Interesting that Ricky has gone to Workington, particularly given that Ashley is likely to be our 1st pick at reserve.

It is always a weird situation when the PL club that LOANS a rider from its parent club then get first priority.

I wonder if this is still the case this season?

Either way it is a risk using 2 riders from the same PL club, and would be unfair on either club having to miss 2 riders.

I was assuming PK and Wells would be the other 2 in the top 5 but maybe there is another plan in store now.

I see some have mentioned Batchelor. He is a bit like Schlein, had one great EL season and the rest average. PK or Batchelor? No question as to who id prefer.

However IF Batchelor gives us a few more points for the other rider then id say its worth thinking about. That would then all depend on the other rider, so long as it isnt Zengota who is generally poor away. Is great at Monmore however.

With 12.41 left for the last two places, if Wolves went with PK there would only be 4.32 left for the final place which rules out Adam, Ricky and thanfully Misk000wiak !!

Batchelor has been a decent 7-8 point rider for the last few seasons and think he would do a good job at Wolves and I'm sure CVS and PA would make sure he kept in line and being a big friend and team mate of Woffy's and a fellow Aussie with Ty the team spirit would be fine and if Masters also joined we would have 3 Aussies, I Brit (raised in Oz) and a Swede with two Brits at reserve with all in their 20's.

As for Zengota, he is much like Skornicki and rides well home and away and has had some decent rides a Monmore.

He blew his bike on his last visit but still managed to beat Ludvig and Freddie to get 2+1 . His previous meeting he scored 1 2 1 3 2 = 9

Back in 2010 with Swindon he scored 1 4 0 2 = 7 and 3 1* 3 0 1* = 8+2 which included beating Freddie at his best and Tai in heat 15.

For Coventry he scored 12 at Poole and 9+1 at Peterborough, Eastbourne and Kings Lynn so he can be a match winner but I see him partnering Adam more and those two would mean Ty and Jacob would be the second strings that get to ride the reserves and fellow second strings.

As for Zengota, he is much like Skornicki and rides well home and away and has had some decent rides a Monmore.

Zengota is not a patch on Skornicki. Adam home 7.20 away 6.39 whilst Zengota home 7.30 away 4.89.

Nowhere near the same home and away. Adam is worth more points away and that is so much more important for points away.

Zengota is not a patch on Skornicki. Adam home 7.20 away 6.39 whilst Zengota home 7.30 away 4.89.Nowhere near the same home and away. Adam is worth more points away and that is so much more important for points away.

Adam is a more experienced rider than Zengi but remember that this was Zengi's first full season back after serious leg injuries. You may be right and he might not reach the level of Skornicki but I doubt we will see either in the UK this season.

Adam is a more experienced rider than Zengi but remember that this was Zengi's first full season back after serious leg injuries. You may be right and he might not reach the level of Skornicki but I doubt we will see either in the UK this season.

Point well made. I rate Zengi around Monmore. He is capable of beating Tai and Freddie.

Seemed to be one of the highly rated Poles until a few seasons ago so time will tell if he boat has sailed (sorry to nick your line ;-))

Not many Poles ever reach the steady consistency of Sqora.

Zengota is not a patch on Skornicki. Adam home 7.20 away 6.39 whilst Zengota home 7.30 away 4.89.

Nowhere near the same home and away. Adam is worth more points away and that is so much more important for points away.

Adam without BP's is 6.40 home and 6.06 away and Zengi is 7.30 home and 4.89 away.

Remember that Bees were shocking and Zengota rode in a number of heat 15's. He still averaged 6.15 in 2013 and Brandon would no longer be a home track but an away track. Adam averaged 6.14 and together they would form a strong partnership in a leaue without Zagar, Holder, Lindgren etc

The format may suit a balanced team or a team with two top riders ..... until this is known I can't decide which pairing would be better

Kenni Larsen is in talks with an Elite team. He goes well round Monmore, and very solid on most tracks...

If he fitted with Simon Gustafson or Mikkel Michelsen it would be good but think he is heading elsewhere.

Don't think there is a rule.

Rosco said last year he didn't want Doyle and Morris in the Swindon team because they were on the same team and it could cause problems.. nothing was said about a rule preventing it.

Indeed and that mistake cost them big time.

Batch should be avoided like a dog turd with the clap.

Lol, not a fan then

Adam without BP's is 6.40 home and 6.06 away and Zengi is 7.30 home and 4.89 away.

Remember that Bees were shocking and Zengota rode in a number of heat 15's. He still averaged 6.15 in 2013 and Brandon would no longer be a home track but an away track. Adam averaged 6.14 and together they would form a strong partnership in a leaue without Zagar, Holder, Lindgren etc

The stats show that Zengi is not a patch on Adam, and 2 Poles in a team is a no from me.