British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

I think we're looking at Tai, Adam, Ty, Ricky and Jacob.

Wouldn't be a suprise but that leaves nearly a point under the limit and while we should be ok at home, away from Monmore may be a bit of a struggle with other teams already building teams with strong second strings.

Personally I think they will be looking more at PK or possibly Troy Batchelor as back up for Tai and the final place going to Pontus Aspgren 4.04 or more likely Sam Masters 3.85

We were considered weak this season too. However lets not forget that Proctor starts on a low average when he was riding like a heat leader prior to injury (remained in top 10 of EL averages in the Speedway star!).

Thorssell will be the one that may have a tougher task but if some of his heats feature against other second strings and reserves i don't see why he cant add on to his starting average.

Was hugely impressive this season and looks to have a growing career over here.

Agree that Jacob has emerged as a real talent and possibly the next Swedish legend in the making but let's nt forget that he has been a reserve since he started and will start 2014 as one of the lowest averaging riders in the Elite League and be a second string !

Sadly my possible favourite combination of Nicholls and Gustafsson is no longer a possibilty but Zengota and Skonicki still is a remote chance.

Agree that Jacob has emerged as a real talent and possibly the next Swedish legend in the making but let's nt forget that he has been a reserve since he started and will start 2014 as one of the lowest averaging riders in the Elite League and be a second

He reminds me of Gustaffson, v good out of the gate but needs to work on his passing. He just needs to relax more as he falls trying to pass.

Anyway,the big question has to be will Ricky be here in 2014? I hope so as he had some cracking races last year. Again just needs to work on his strategy from behind Particually when he's off gate four & to be more aggressive when out gating top riders!

Edited by superguest

I think we're looking at Tai, Adam, Ty, Ricky and Jacob.

Seems strong enough to me, especially if Jacob can continue to kick on and Ty is anywhere close to the level he was riding at this year.

My biggest problem with that team is heat winners(or lack of them).Apart from Tai we could struggle with the rest getting to the chequerd flag.

Yes can see a fair few shared heats,but not many heat advantages.

Looking at someone who has come up with a possible Kings Lynn team *ie

1.Iversen

2.Porsing

3.Schlein

4.Smith

5.K.Bjerre

Shows the point im trying to make.(Although,that Lynn team is highly unlikely due to costs).

Peter Karlsson and Andrew Tulley would be a good fit for the last two places....

I don't get the fascination with Tully.

He had a couple of half decent matches against us when he was made to look good rather than any great excellence from himself. We should remember he guested against us for Belle Vue in the return match and was woeful.

Nowhere near consistent enough as his PL performances show in my opinion.

• Like 1

I don't get the fascination with Tully.

He had a couple of half decent matches against us when he was made to look good rather than any great excellence from himself. We should remember he guested against us for Belle Vue in the return match and was woeful.

Nowhere near consistent enough as his PL performances show in my opinion.

Me neither. Is great at Monmore because Edinburgh is small and tight and is prepared by the same guy (Doc).

But is shown up on other tracks. No thanks.

I would like to see some fresh blood in the team next season not the same old faces.

OLD faces?? who like?? Wells, thorssell are young still and Proctor was top ten in real averages last season on his modest average.

I`m assuming its a no to PK from you then??

OLD faces?? who like?? Wells, thorssell are young still and Proctor was top ten in real averages last season on his modest average.

I`m assuming its a no to PK from you then??

More than likely referring to Skorniki

As much as I like PK and Adam I think its time to move on.

PK will have another season here before he retires, and he wont let us down either.

I like Adam and he brings something extra to the team.

Plus IMO you always need and older wise head to give the youngsters someone to look up too.

Lets not forget PK has told CVS that he plans on at least two or three more years racing at the top level before he even thinks of stopping.

Personally ...... and I said this a few years ago to be proved wrong ..... I wouldn't think of PK returning due to age and injuries and while I appreciate Adam isn't a spring chicken, he is still a solid 6+ rider and good home and away. Trouble is who fits in with him ? (Zengota would be good)

Think the race format will suit a more solid team, but if the old tac sub rule comes back the a top two of Woffy & Batch would be useful and think CVS is keen to track Sam Masters so if I was a betting man I would say Batchelor and Masters are most likely to be the riders they wnt.

We have ASHLEY MORRIS sorted at reserve and looking at the draft list and when we get second pick, I think TOM PERRY will be the other reserve.

9.20 - Tai Woffinden

8.21 - Troy Batchelor

5.78 - Tyron Proctor

4.61 - Jacob Thorssell

3.85 - Sam Masters

RES - Ashley Morris

RES - Tom Perry

Not convinced on this but a more solid line up would be better ?

Lets not forget PK has told CVS that he plans on at least two or three more years racing at the top level before he even thinks of stopping.

Personally ...... and I said this a few years ago to be proved wrong ..... I wouldn't think of PK returning due to age and injuries and while I appreciate Adam isn't a spring chicken, he is still a solid 6+ rider and good home and away. Trouble is who fits in with him ? (Zengota would be good)

Think the race format will suit a more solid team, but if the old tac sub rule comes back the a top two of Woffy & Batch would be useful and think CVS is keen to track Sam Masters so if I was a betting man I would say Batchelor and Masters are most likely to be the riders they wnt.

We have ASHLEY MORRIS sorted at reserve and looking at the draft list and when we get second pick, I think TOM PERRY will be the other reserve.

9.20 - Tai Woffinden

8.21 - Troy Batchelor

5.78 - Tyron Proctor

4.61 - Jacob Thorssell

3.85 - Sam Masters

RES - Ashley Morris

RES - Tom Perry

Not convinced on this but a more solid line up would be better ?

Love to see that line-up at the Green,but not sure CVS would want the un-predictability he would get with Batch.But he would be virtually guaranteed decent scores on the big tracks away from Monmore.