British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

Lukasz Sowka was suggested tongue in cheek and if Woves were going to use a 3.00 rider at #7 then I can't see it being anyone other than Ashley Morris who is a club asset and lives locally. Yes Sowka COULD be a better rider depending on which one turned up, but Ashley has had a great season with Dudley and would jump at the chance to ride for Wolves if required.

As for Howarth, I don't know who owns him or where he is going to line up, it was merely an example.

TNT another option could be Lewis Blackbird who is also very good around Monmore.

So is Tom Perry but Ashley is a Wolves asset which may ut him front of the queue ..... if Wolves go that way as we have Nicolai Klindt, Pontus Aspgren, Ludvig Lindgren and Sam Masters all in the mix for next season all averaging around four points a match. Ludvig is a Brummies asset but doesn't like the Perry Barr track while Sam Masters has stayed in contact with Wolves all season hoping 2014 he can finally take up the place in the team.

So is Tom Perry but Ashley is a Wolves asset which may ut him front of the queue ..... if Wolves go that way as we have Nicolai Klindt, Pontus Aspgren, Ludvig Lindgren and Sam Masters all in the mix for next season all averaging around four points a match. Ludvig is a Brummies asset but doesn't like the Perry Barr track while Sam Masters has stayed in contact with Wolves all season hoping 2014 he can finally take up the place in the team.

Sam Masters has 'stayed in touch' with at least 3 EL clubs and at least as many PL clubs!! :wink::t:

Sam Masters has 'stayed in touch' with at least 3 EL clubs and at least as many PL clubs!! :wink::t:

Doubt if he was ringing a promoter weekly,like he was with CVS(according to what was said at the talk-in a couple of weeks ago).

• Like 1

I'd imagine the NL riders will be able to rotated??

Wolves will surely use Dudleys top riders.

Finally becoming the feeder club after all ;D

Tai Woffinden 9.2

Ty Proctor 5.78

Ricky Wells 5.35

Jacob Thorsell 4.61

I'd imagine we'll go with these four, plus 7.06 left over....

Maybe Danny King or Rory Schlein??

Edited by superguest

WOLVERHAMPTON Parrys International Wolves 2014 ........ possibly !

1 - Tai Woffinden 9.20

2 - Nicolai Klindt 4.24

3 - Peter Karlsson 8.09

4 - Jacob Thorssell 4.61

5 - Tyron Proctor 5.78

6 - Ashley Morris 3.00

7 - Tom Perry or Lewis Blackbird 3.00

• Like 4

Change at #2 and I'd say that's accurate!

Well there is only 4.32 left for thje final place and Nicolai fits well. Anothe option is Pontus Aspgren 4.04 or Sam Masters 3.85 but I would say Nicolai is more likely to fill the gap as Pontus wants to double up as would Sam who would be coming bck after a year out.

there has to be some pl brits that don t have el average ?? tully, sneddon, schram, Hawkins and some others so maybe number 7 will be pl rider

They have to be a product of the National League so Andrew Tully can't be used at reserve as he also has an assessed average for the Elite League.

These riders that can be used will most likely be a National League rider in the last two seasons and doesn't have an EL average higher than any of the top five.

If they are only allowed to field a NL rider from 2013 then there are only 8 teams to pick from and why should Coventry Storm riders ride for anyone other than Coventry Bees and with CVS involved with the Dudley Heathans then you would expect Blackbird and Morris to be the Wolverhampton reserves next season.

Should these young riders be forced to ride in the top league is another subject but I find it hard to see how they will score enough to make a living unless they ride only against each other in programmed rides but then they will get inflated averages for the following season.

Should these young riders be forced to ride in the top league is another subject but I find it hard to see how they will score enough to make a living unless they ride only against each other in programmed rides but then they will get inflated averages for the following season.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there will be a second reserves race in a revamped race card.

if Woves were going to use a 3.00 rider at #7 then I can't see it being anyone other than Ashley Morris who is a club asset and lives locally.

Agree. I think Ash is as good as nailed on. Clubs that have invested in youth should have priority in their own assets when riders are being allocated.

So is Tom Perry but Ashley is a Wolves asset which may ut him front of the queue

Yes to Ash but not to Perry as 2nd one. Id prefer someone younger and less experienced and use the experience of riding with the World Champion to his advantage.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there will be a second reserves race in a revamped race card.

Confirmed at the talk in it was being discussed.