British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

I've got a photo in one of my Facebook Speedway albums of John Davis demolishing a post as well at Swindon but I think this would have been in the 1980's. Seems the posts get in the way quite a bit on the Robins track. :lol:

He also took out one of the lamp standards at Poole in the early 80's too in rather spectacular style................

RP

I've just had a conversation with a speedway mate who reckons surveyor's markings are being made in the Blunsdon Car Park (£1.50 to you mate!) in preparation for building work and that there is a high likelihood that it'll be Park & Ride this season. The Penhill Park & Ride is apparently being spruced up following it's use by a Funfair recently-anyone know anything? If this is the case they won't take long before they put gates on the Cold Harbour car park!!! If this rumour is true then crowds will be significantly down this season, I'm afraid.

The park and ride is being done up so that the contractors of the works have somewhere to park. Later the park and ride will be used to allow people to park for the dog racing and speedway, as the new parking at the stadium will be a lot less than it is now.

The park and ride is being done up so that the contractors of the works have somewhere to park. Later the park and ride will be used to allow people to park for the dog racing and speedway, as the new parking at the stadium will be a lot less than it is now.

Appreciate that Orlovski but I think we should be allowed to park on the centre green as per the plans that the developers have put forward-much better idea than Park & Ride-not!

Appreciate that Orlovski but I think we should be allowed to park on the centre green as per the plans that the developers have put forward-much better idea than Park & Ride-not!

Do not know if Rosco still has the open top bus, he could drive that to and from the park and ride to the stadium.

If you offer him a few quid he may come and pick you up from home and drop you off after the meeting.

He could also drive it to away meetings.

Report in the local paper on Troy following his injury, just hope his comments are correct.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/11033382.Batchelor_ready_to_go_after_ligament_injury/

He said he was fit to ride in last Thursday's Speedway Star, and is keen to help Worrall and Ritchings.

Do not know if Rosco still has the open top bus, he could drive that to and from the park and ride to the stadium.

If you offer him a few quid he may come and pick you up from home and drop you off after the meeting.

He could also drive it to away meetings.

You see Rosco as the 21'st century Cliff Richard driving a double decker - magic thought Orlov!

Does anyone know what the car park charge is this year?

• Like 1

I've just had a conversation with a speedway mate who reckons surveyor's markings are being made in the Blunsdon Car Park (£1.50 to you mate!) in preparation for building work and that there is a high likelihood that it'll be Park & Ride this season. The Penhill Park & Ride is apparently being spruced up following it's use by a Funfair recently-anyone know anything? If this is the case they won't take long before they put gates on the Cold Harbour car park!!! If this rumour is true then crowds will be significantly down this season, I'm afraid.

Very strange.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10989517.Park_and_ride_set_to_get_a_new_lease_of_life/

Why would contractors need to park in the park and ride when there is a massive car park next to the stadium? Unless they are planning to build on it already?

Very strange.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10989517.Park_and_ride_set_to_get_a_new_lease_of_life/

Why would contractors need to park in the park and ride when there is a massive car park next to the stadium? Unless they are planning to build on it already?

Well spotted Matt. Seems strange that the article makes no real mention of it being used for parking for the dogs or speedway, just for the contractors(!!!) and the Oasis (my a*se!) Shame it's not big enough for a Speedway Stadium.

I hope this is not the case..

Are whoever prepared to lose so much parking money, I hope not as it will most certainly rule out my attendance (and passengers) for some of the season :nono:

No doubt the club will let us know the facts shortly :rofl:

Edited by yerropes

Just park on St.Andrews Ridge for free and walk you lazy sods(if there will be any room now). or there is Blunsdon station over 2 miles down the hill ;)

That's just what the speedway needs. Fans who piss off the local residents and give them something to complain about.

• Like 1

Check out the latest in the Blunsdon blog (http://blunsdonblog.co.uk) for the latest - we're expecting the first stage of the building works to impact upon us at any moment with the probable demolition of the away pits to make way for an access road for the building work. It's going to be bery interesting(?) at Blunsdon this year!