British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

I don't understand the 'dismissal' of Ritchings. He has improved steadily in the NL and last year he was posting some decent double figure scores for the Isle of Wight. He would be competitive at home for sure. As for Worrall, he will more than hold his own both home and away.

The 2014 team has a lot of potential for improvement and looks like a top 4 outfit to me.

No-one appears to have picked up on anything said by Rosco last night at the Pit Crew Quiz Night. For me the three most important things that he did say (and there were a lot that he didn't) were:-

We are Likely to meet Poole Home & Away in the Elite League Shield as holders vs last year's Champions-that was news to me.

The above probably means that the Bob Kilby Memorial will be moved to the end of the season, especially that we no longer have the ELRC. In the last couple of years the GP stars have readily accepted booking as it gave bike time prior to the New Zealand GP-is 30 March too close to 5 April when the NZ GP is to be run?

His relative disinterest in Darryl Richings as a possible number 7

Thoughts?

If that's true about the Elite Shield, then that's a complete turnaround from what I was told!

No-one appears to have picked up on anything said by Rosco last night at the Pit Crew Quiz Night. For me the three most important things that he did say (and there were a lot that he didn't) were:-

We are Likely to meet Poole Home & Away in the Elite League Shield as holders vs last year's Champions-that was news to me.

The above probably means that the Bob Kilby Memorial will be moved to the end of the season, especially that we no longer have the ELRC. In the last couple of years the GP stars have readily accepted booking as it gave bike time prior to the New Zealand GP-is 30 March too close to 5 April when the NZ GP is to be run?

His relative disinterest in Darryl Richings as a possible number 7

Thoughts?

Did he mention anything about Swindon meeting poole in the play off final? :rofl: Don't you just love Rosco... :D

I don't understand the 'dismissal' of Ritchings. He has improved steadily in the NL and last year he was posting some decent double figure scores for the Isle of Wight. He would be competitive at home for sure. As for Worrall, he will more than hold his own both home and away.

The 2014 team has a lot of potential for improvement and looks like a top 4 outfit to me.

2011 starting average 3.00 at Dudley

2012 starting average 4.35 at Dudley

2013 starting average 5.84 at IOW

2014 starting average 5.94 at KL

The stats would suggest that the improvement is marginal.

Edited by Double Up

2013 starting average 5.84 at Dudley

2014 starting average 5.94 at IOW

But at reserve believe me forget the averages this year from last, Ritchings,s at home will beat alot of riders of his own ability.If he scores 3pts i will be happy to do that he has to beat people at his level anything else is a bonus.

2013 starting average 5.84 at Dudley

2014 starting average 5.94 at IOW

Marginal maybe in the last year - for which there may be reasons BUT 1.5 points in the previous year is hardly marginal :rolleyes:

This year is a different playing field, alot of these riders will certainly at home try to beat riders of they're ability anything else would be a bonus.

Darryl was recalled from Dudley so that he could learn to ride a big track after having had 2 years at Wolverhampton His best form in the NL is at the smaller tracks like Wolverhampton and Mildenhall. Riding at Kings Lynn in the NL will definitely help with riding at Swindon, if he gets the final team place but it will be at home where he is most likely to struggle.

It can't help the lad that the decision isn't straight forward. It's almost like Roaco knows who he has to use but is desperately hoping something else crops up.

Darryl was recalled from Dudley so that he could learn to ride a big track after having had 2 years at Wolverhampton His best form in the NL is at the smaller tracks like Wolverhampton and Mildenhall. Riding at Kings Lynn in the NL will definitely help with riding at Swindon, if he gets the final team place but it will be at home where he is most likely to struggle.

It can't help the lad that the decision isn't straight forward. It's almost like Roaco knows who he has to use but is desperately hoping something else crops up.

I disagree i think he will do anough at home, Rossiter himself should remember he was no world beater with the sprockets he progressed because he was given a CHANCE.Darryl might struggle but he deserves the chance for me the reserves are a afterthought most are a bit of a muchness i am more worried about the top 5.

I disagree i think he will do anough at home, Rossiter himself should remember he was no world beater with the sprockets he progressed because he was given a CHANCE.Darryl might struggle but he deserves the chance for me the reserves are a afterthought most are a bit of a muchness i am more worried about the top 5.

The problem is Sidney, while die-hards like you and I will go every week regardless, will the majority of fans be happy to turn up week-in, week-out and pay their £17 if a rider like Ritchings or even Worrall are struggling badly and the team are losing more often than not?