British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

It will be interesting where Nick rides in the team this year. Both he Gustaffson and Klindt are used to riding in heat 1, as both have filled the number 2 position for Swindon Eastbourne and Wolverhampton respectively.

I guess much depends on how the new format looks. As it stands though, my line up would be:

1. Kildermand

2. Klindt

3. Morris

4. Gustaffson

5. Batchelor

6. Worrall

7. Ritchings

The line-up will make little difference in the new heat format if the reserves are protected.

Your top three will likely face the same opposition riders (#1 twice, #2 twice, #3 twice and #4 and #5 once), then your two secondstrings will face #1, #2 and #3 once, secondstrings three-times and reserves once each and reserves will ride again each other six times and secondstrings twice.

As I said, Morris is arguable in the "worst" position, as his rides will be as difficult as Kildemand's and Batchelor's but he is on the lowest average.

The line-up will make little difference in the new heat format if the reserves are protected.

Your top three will likely face the same opposition riders (#1 twice, #2 twice, #3 twice and #4 and #5 once), then your two secondstrings will face #1, #2 and #3 once, secondstrings three-times and reserves once each and reserves will ride again each other six times and secondstrings twice.

As I said, Morris is arguable in the "worst" position, as his rides will be as difficult as Kildemand's and Batchelor's but he is on the lowest average.

What average Matt would you hope Nick to achieve? is 7.70 overall to optimistic? Last year in the last three months he was very good really exciting to watch picking riders off for fun.Maybe it is me but when he got really busy was sharp,he went up three gears looked a different rider massive season for him.

I think that is wildly optimistic. He'll do well to maintain his average when you look at who he is up against.

For example, against King's Lynn he'll be riding again NKI, Bjerre and Schlein twice and Lambert and Porsing once. He should beat Lambert and Porsing, but won't get much change out of the other three.

Same if you look at the top three riders from Belle Vue and Poole. He should have the beating of other third heatleaders such as Kennett, Hansen, Woodward, Bridger, Hougaard and Proctor and might be able to take points off the top two from Birmingham and Leicester.

Can't see where an average over seven is going to come from though.

I think that is wildly optimistic. He'll do well to maintain his average when you look at who he is up against.

For example, against King's Lynn he'll be riding again NKI, Bjerre and Schlein twice and Lambert and Porsing once. He should beat Lambert and Porsing, but won't get much change out of the other three.

Same if you look at the top three riders from Belle Vue and Poole. He should have the beating of other third heatleaders such as Kennett, Hansen, Woodward, Bridger, Hougaard and Proctor and might be able to take points off the top two from Birmingham and Leicester.

Can't see where an average over seven is going to come from though.

Improvement hopefully, plus at home he is very good he averaged 8.50 last year i will be mortified and surprised if he does not beat his starting average.

It will be interesting where Nick rides in the team this year. Both he Gustaffson and Klindt are used to riding in heat 1, as both have filled the number 2 position for Swindon Eastbourne and Wolverhampton respectively.

I guess much depends on how the new format looks. As it stands though, my line up would be:

1. Kildermand

2. Klindt

3. Morris

4. Gustaffson

5. Batchelor

6. Worrall

7. Ritchings

The more I look at the Swindon team and now most teams are complete, the more I like it! If he rides at 3, Nick will find it tough but it could also bring him on as a more accomplished rider. I can quite easily see that top 5 improving their averages. I still think Batchelor has not reached his full potential yet.

• Like 1

Where was the notice for this meeting? For the 'outertowners' like myself, it would have been handy to know. Surely I shouldn't have to rely on Orlovski to let me know! ;) . Quite fancied a pint tonight.

Where was the notice for this meeting? For the 'outertowners' like myself, it would have been handy to know. Surely I shouldn't have to rely on Orlovski to let me know! ;) . Quite fancied a pint tonight.

It is on the Swindon website http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2125.2

We already know its Nicolai Klindt - it was on Twitter :wink:

It's not Nicolai now as he was delayed in Poland (according to his Twitter)

Seems like Darryl Ritchings wants the No 7 slot & expects to be fit easily in time for start of season.

We're going to have the worst pair of reserves in the league anyway, so I say give it to the local lad and let the fans get behind him.

We're going to have the worst pair of reserves in the league anyway, so I say give it to the local lad and let the fans get behind him.

Totally agree but a hell of a lot of pressure on the top 5 & sneaking into the 4th play off place at best for me.

Apart from 3 or 4 reserves I believe it is impossible to say how the reserves will fare in the EL so I don't share your pessimism.

• Like 1

Rosco - Give the boy a chance in the same way someone did with you 30 years ago, There is hardly anyone better out there anyway.

Also I think Stevie Worrall will surprise a few that seem to write him off....

• Like 5

No-one appears to have picked up on anything said by Rosco last night at the Pit Crew Quiz Night. For me the three most important things that he did say (and there were a lot that he didn't) were:-

We are Likely to meet Poole Home & Away in the Elite League Shield as holders vs last year's Champions-that was news to me.

The above probably means that the Bob Kilby Memorial will be moved to the end of the season, especially that we no longer have the ELRC. In the last couple of years the GP stars have readily accepted booking as it gave bike time prior to the New Zealand GP-is 30 March too close to 5 April when the NZ GP is to be run?

His relative disinterest in Darryl Richings as a possible number 7

Thoughts?

Edited by Chalkie

No-one appears to have picked up on anything said by Rosco last night at the Pit Crew Quiz Night. For me the three most important things that he did say (and there were a lot that he didn't) were:-

We are Likely to meet Poole Home & Away in the Elite League Shield as holders vs last year's Champions-that was news to me.

The above probably means that the Bob Kilby Memorial will be moved to the end of the season, especially that we no longer have the ELRC. In the last couple of years the GP stars have readily accepted booking as it gave bike time prior to the New Zealand GP-is 30 March too close to 5 April when the NZ GP is to be run?

His relative disinterest in Darryl Richings as a possible number 7

Thoughts?

The KIlb meeting should always come first, bugger everything else crappy challenges if this meeting is pushed to the side i will not be happy.