British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

I got the spelling of "Sherbourne" correct as that is how it was spelt in the original "Dutchess of Sherbourne" document. (Sherbourne near Coventry)

Boons postings got what they deserved, a lifetime ban.

fifty - fifty then on the first sentence. :D

Disagree entirely with the second, but everyone knows that you don't upset the establishment and escape punishment.

• Like 2

The Swindon reserve situation is easily solved.

Do a swap with Belle Vue> Then Ben Reade can ride in his home town of Swindon and Josh Bates gets to ride less than an hour from home at Belle Vue.

This will then open a can of worms, and Poole can quickly sign Jason Garrity whilst dumping Lee Smart at Brandon.

Everyone's happy then.

• Like 1

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant then!

How can it have nothing to do with Sheffield? Nick said he wanted to go there. Swindon accused them of an illegal approach, subsequently denied. Sheffield did make an enquiry as to his availability.

If Nick had gone to Sheffield then Leicester were the obvious EL alternative. They still have a gap that fits so were they waiting to see what transpired? There is much more to this issue than just Morris and Sheffield and you don't have to look too far to see what it is. Some speculation maybe but plenty of fact and way too many coincidences to not have some relevance.

As I say drivel; try things the other way round and you may be close; if Morris goes to Leicester...... I would assume the reason it's all gone quite on the "illegal approach" front is to save Swindon any embarrassment of having to deliver facts to back up their false accusation. When two parties are in disagreement normally they let it lie when one has proven conclusively to the other that they are incorrect in their belief. If Sheffield had made an illegal approach the BSPA would have been obliged to deal with the issue. The fact that nothing has happened speaks volumes.

Well someone has to keep him away from troublemakers like Nick Morris.

Didn't think Nick was with Darcy when he got in trouble in Australia as well or are you trying to blame the younger of the 2 of them to blame for that as well?.

Shows how immature Darcy must be if he's supposedly lead by someone younger than him into trouble!!!.

• Like 4

Just goes to prove how ludicrously ill thought out the draft system idea is when Swindons chief reserve partner will miss so many meetings?...are we allowed a pick of available number 6's to replace him i.e Kerr Ellis etc?

Well someone has to keep him away from troublemakers like Nick Morris.

Laughable comment if i ever saw one

• Like 1

Some strange reason? The guy caused mayhem on here and fully deserved the ban. Who can forget the Marquis of Sherbourne episode?

Was also Trumps mouthpiece and stirred up very ill feeling.

The blog is also inaccurate as Josh Grajczonek is a Poole asset and Poole meetings take preference over PL meetings. Poole do not have any fixture clashes.

I have to say, I don't know why I bother to express an OPINION on this forum, there's always someone who nit-picks what I say. I had no knowledge of any reason for him being banned, as it has little to do with me. I read his blog with interest and feel that he has Speedway's best interests at heart, generally, he comes up with some good points of view, not all of which I agree with. But then what do I know? I will say, however that I did not check the blog for accuracy and you have me there, I will be a lot more careful in future. By the way, so pleased that Poole do not have any fixture clashes, just goes to show what a clever chap Matt Ford is.

Also Poole vs Swindon(H&A) is not happening on 8th April!! So hardly that well-informed!!

And apparently Leicester will be missing Nick Morris on 14/8??! Very well researched - Not!!

8 April was my mistake, if you look at his blog he had 18/4, my cut and paste talents were a bit lacking there. Nah nah nah nah nah!

• Like 3

I have to say, I don't know why I bother to express an OPINION on this forum, there's always someone who nit-picks what I say. I had no knowledge of any reason for him being banned, as it has little to do with me. I read his blog with interest and feel that he has Speedway's best interests at heart, generally, he comes up with some good points of view, not all of which I agree with. But then what do I know? I will say, however that I did not check the blog for accuracy and you have me there, I will be a lot more careful in future. By the way, so pleased that Poole do not have any fixture clashes, just goes to show what a clever chap Matt Ford is.

8 April was my mistake, if you look at his blog he had 18/4, my cut and paste talents were a bit lacking there. Nah nah nah nah nah!

I have absolutely no interest in ever looking at his blog! nah nah nah nah nah! :wink::D

My wife's always taken the lead in my house and she is younger than me!!

I've never known a younger boy being the lead over an older sibling or friend & I'm 46 .

It's different with husband & wife as well.

Was Nick with Darcy in Australua when he got in trouble as you keep ignoring that question or is it you choose to as it would mean that Darcy is quite capable of getting himself on trouble on his own??

• Like 1

I've never known a younger boy being the lead over an older sibling or friend & I'm 46 .

It's different with husband & wife as well.

Was Nick with Darcy in Australua when he got in trouble as you keep ignoring that question or is it you choose to as it would mean that Darcy is quite capable of getting himself on trouble on his own??

Why do i need to answer that, it was a tongue in cheek comment, at least Darcy has never claimed to be british!

Make sure she is getting the right price for it then as scrap metal is fetching top prices at the moment!!

Not much lead in my house, in fact not much of anything that's of worth, i could try to sell the kids but the buyer would probably want a rebate!!

Edited by foreverblue

Why do i need to answer that, it was a tongue in cheek comment, at least Darcy has never claimed to be british!

Not much lead in my house, in fact not much of anything that's of worth, i could try to sell the kids but the buyer would probably want a rebate!!

What has tha fact that Nick went with his dad's passport for a while got to do with the fact that Darcy could get himself in trouble in a telephone box??.

Ah! That old chestnut and from a Poole fan too - what a surprise! NOT!

He probably has as much right to being British as Tai Woffinden except Tai chose to ride for Britain and Nick chose to ride for Australia (after being mucked about by the BSPA I understand)

I suggest you read up about patriality :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ah! That old chestnut and from a Poole fan too - what a surprise! NOT!

He probably has as much right to being British as Tai Woffinden except Tai chose to ride for Britain and Nick chose to ride for Australia (after being mucked about by the BSPA I understand)

I suggest you read up about patriality :rolleyes:

At least Tai has never claimed to be Australian or changed his nationality after one season.

• Like 2