British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

Replacement for Bates why not give Dan Stoneman a try good kit and sponsor in 2014 current average just over 5 in national league, if he had not broke a leg mid season 2013 would have been over 6 average, he is quick round Swindon as supporters commented when last there and raced a lot with Steve Worrall 2013 ?

The "Swindon Excalibur Rosco's Riproaring Rampant Rockin Red Robins" known simply now as S,S.C.(Swindon speedway club) looking good for the new season. Sign local Purton-lad Ritchings and give him a chance.

Yep totally agree if Ritchings is fit give him a chance to follow in the footsteps of Crash, Kilb, Keeno, and Malc. Edited by sidney

I imagine it will be down to him proving his fitness as will be a lot cheaper on expenses living locally.

You are so right, in our day riders rode second halves gained experience now it is a different world.I don't want Daryl riding for peanuts he is getting better hopefully keep improving if he is in the no 7 birth they're be no bigger cheerer than me as long as he does what he feels is best for himself.

Thats one thing that is good about thes draft riders is there will be a few local riders appearing. At Wolves, Ashley Morris could walk from his house to the track in minutes and it gives a bit of extra pride that a local lad is given the chance at a big club. So if it is Ritchings that takes the last place, fair play to him.

Depending on what race format is formulated these draft rider could be more important to a sides success or lack of than people realise...unsure if handing the last place to someone should merely depend on location ...teams like KL and Coventry are set to run riot as it is ..if NK still struggles and say Daryl finds himself out of his depth we are left very very vulnerable..give it to him if he's deemed capable and dont demoralise him

Depending on what race format is formulated these draft rider could be more important to a sides success or lack of than people realise...unsure if handing the last place to someone should merely depend on location ...teams like KL and Coventry are set to run riot as it is ..if NK still struggles and say Daryl finds himself out of his depth we are left very very vulnerable..give it to him if he's deemed capable and dont demoralise him

There will be a few lads who are going to struggle but I agree with what you're saying as reserves have always been important before & that will be even more this season.

And no offers for him have been made public. A Transfer Request is pretty useless if there isn't anyone looking to purchase

It's blatantly obvious that there has been collusion between Swindon and Sheffield. Two clubs at loggerheads with each other all of a sudden settle their differences. Bates is released to Sheffield (his grandfather is one of the new owners there) and they, in turn drop their interest in Morris. Morris' options, in respect of riding in both leagues, as a result are severely restricted.

If I were Nick I wouldn't be over happy that clubs had been conspiring between themselves to prevent him moving. How they can now expect him to give his best is beyond me.

It's blatantly obvious that there has been collusion between Swindon and Sheffield. Two clubs at loggerheads with each other all of a sudden settle their differences. Bates is released to Sheffield (his grandfather is one of the new owners there) and they, in turn drop their interest in Morris. Morris' options, in respect of riding in both leagues, as a result are severely restricted.

If I were Nick I wouldn't be over happy that clubs had been conspiring between themselves to prevent him moving. How they can now expect him to give his best is beyond me.

You were involved in these discussions were you? Or just your fantasy and overactive imagination? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Poor Nick ...got to feel sorry for him if people have been conspiring between themselves ..no doubt when he was trying to move away he was not doing the same :rofl::rofl:

• Like 5

Poor Nick ...got to feel sorry for him if people have been conspiring between themselves ..no doubt when he was trying to move away he was not doing the same :rofl::rofl:

The sport is wracked with self-interest. The clubs have done what they thought was best for themselves as, no doubt, Morris was doing for himself.

He was dropped by a club with whom he had a signed contract. He then sought to move away from a club with whom he had no signed contract. When the rider can't rely on a contract he had in place I fail to see how he can be faulted for looking out for himself.

You were involved in these discussions were you? Or just your fantasy and overactive imagination? :rolleyes:

I'm a realist. If you can't see what's staring everyone in the face that's hardly my fault.

The sport is wracked with self-interest. The clubs have done what they thought was best for themselves as, no doubt, Morris was doing for himself.

He was dropped by a club with whom he had a signed contract. He then sought to move away from a club with whom he had no signed contract. When the rider can't rely on a contract he had in place I fail to see how he can be faulted for looking out for himself.

I'm a realist. If you can't see what's staring everyone in the face that's hardly my fault.

Well if that is the case don't be to worried about the club doing the same .

• Like 1