British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

Come on people Nick will not be riding for Swindon in 2014 as there is no places left for him in the Premier Lge except a Thursday night track & the lad needs to ride in both leagues.

I just hope Swindon have other options ready & it's not Zengota.

Still surprised they have signed the other 6 riders when this seems far from settled & more diss appointed that Swindon fans have heard NOTHING from the actual club.

Somerset really have left us in the s... !
  • Like 2

Somerset really have left us in the s... !

Yet they get to keep Jason.

The way this has been dealt with has been very poor & I really can't believe Rosco has not replied yet.

If it's the case that Nick wants to go then just say so & explain why they have limited what they can do by signing 6 other riders.

The main problem is without Nick the team looks very poor.

• Like 1

Neither Nick Morris, Somerset, Swindon, Leicester or Sheffield are at fault here.

If there is blame to be apportioned it's to the green eyed Promoters in the Premier League who forced the BSPA MC to saddle Brady Kurtz with a 5 point average in the PL after Kurtz and Somerset had been told all year he would be a 3. Brady could have ridden here last year on a 5 point average as an Aussie but was happy to wait a year as his partiality didn't kick in until he was 17 last September.

Somerset had to address a 2 point difference in their team total and Nick was the innocent victim although I don't buy the fixture clash reason given by Somerset as justification. They'd have been happy to have Nick in the team with Brady on a 3 despite the fixture clashes.

Nick clearly has to ride in two leagues here to make the sport viable here and his options are restricted after being released by Somerset. Leicester and Sheffield look like a good fit for him and he has to do what's right for him - his career (and that of any rider) is short enough without going into a season knowing he's likely to lose money doing so.

The flip side is that Swindon, having bought him last year, will be unlikely to let him go on loan having already announced Nick in their team, although it seems that was only a verbal agreement. So either Leicester or Sheffield look to have to be prepared to dip into their pockets for a sum no less than Swindon paid last year. He's an improving rider, after all.

As I said before Rosco has left himself no wriggle room having announced Klindt unless he has a like for like replacement in mind. Otherwise someone will have to be stood down so two changes can be made.

• Like 2

I suppose the lack of news regarding Nick Morris is due to a number of reasons, not least the holiday period meaning the BSPA office was closed. Fact is, its fairly obvious that Nick has been forced into reconsidering his options because he was dumped by Somerset. Without PL racing from the off, he would loose a considerable amount of money and track time. Yes he cpuld risk waiting for an injury and hope a PL club would come calling, but that's not the way I would do it...and it is a risk.

Well let's be honest every rider says this at the start of the season, it's only when the reality sets in or they have problems they just bring 1 bike to a meeting.

That's true but I really think PK is a bit different to a lot of riders and genuinely enjoys riding in the UK.

I suppose the lack of news regarding Nick Morris is due to a number of reasons, not least the holiday period meaning the BSPA office was closed. Fact is, its fairly obvious that Nick has been forced into reconsidering his options because he was dumped by Somerset. Without PL racing from the off, he would loose a considerable amount of money and track time. Yes he cpuld risk waiting for an injury and hope a PL club would come calling, but that's not the way I would do it...and it is a risk.

So in other words seeing you are a family member he's going then ?

Edited by orion

Neither Nick Morris, Somerset, Swindon, Leicester or Sheffield are at fault here.

If there is blame to be apportioned it's to the green eyed Promoters in the Premier League who forced the BSPA MC to saddle Brady Kurtz with a 5 point average in the PL after Kurtz and Somerset had been told all year he would be a 3. Brady could have ridden here last year on a 5 point average as an Aussie but was happy to wait a year as his partiality didn't kick in until he was 17 last September.

Somerset had to address a 2 point difference in their team total and Nick was the innocent victim although I don't buy the fixture clash reason given by Somerset as justification. They'd have been happy to have Nick in the team with Brady on a 3 despite the fixture clashes.

Nick clearly has to ride in two leagues here to make the sport viable here and his options are restricted after being released by Somerset. Leicester and Sheffield look like a good fit for him and he has to do what's right for him - his career (and that of any rider) is short enough without going into a season knowing he's likely to lose money doing so.

The flip side is that Swindon, having bought him last year, will be unlikely to let him go on loan having already announced Nick in their team, although it seems that was only a verbal agreement. So either Leicester or Sheffield look to have to be prepared to dip into their pockets for a sum no less than Swindon paid last year. He's an improving rider, after all.

As I said before Rosco has left himself no wriggle room having announced Klindt unless he has a like for like replacement in mind. Otherwise someone will have to be stood down so two changes can be made.

Sorry you're wrong as Brady Kurtz should never been a 3 point rider due to his average in Denmark so that's a good thing as these false averages have gone on too long in British speedway.

The funny thing in all this is that the Elite Lge club that will gain from Kurtz in the long term will be Poole as that's where he'll end up.

British speedway is a joke & I don't blame Nick wanting to do what's right for him & there really is no winner is this fiasco.

Swindon would be mad to lose Nick as an asset.

Edited by Crazy robin

Sorry you're wrong as Brady Kurtz should never been a 3 point rider due to his average in Denmark so that's a good thing as these false averages have gone on too long in British speedway.

The funny thing in all this is that the Elite Lge club that will gain from Kurtz in the long term will be Poole as that's where he'll end up.

British speedway is a joke & I don't blame Nick wanting to do what's right for him & there really is no winner is this fiasco.

Yet another own goal for the BSPA and their changing of the rules at will.

Kurtz should have been a 5 THIS and last season. Somerset should never have been promised it would be a 3 this season.

I feel for Morris all the same.

• Like 1

If there is blame to be apportioned it's to the green eyed Promoters in the Premier League who forced the BSPA MC to saddle Brady Kurtz with a 5 point average in the PL after Kurtz and Somerset had been told all year he would be a 3. Brady could have ridden here last year on a 5 point average as an Aussie but was happy to wait a year as his partiality didn't kick in until he was 17

Lets not let the rules get on the way then!!

Brady should actually be on a 7 due to his Danish experience and that would be the case whether he is classed as an Aussie a Brit or any other nationality you wish to attach.

• Like 2

Yet they get to keep Jason.

The way this has been dealt with has been very poor & I really can't believe Rosco has not replied yet.

If it's the case that Nick wants to go then just say so & explain why they have limited what they can do by signing 6 other riders.

The main problem is without Nick the team looks very poor.

The fact is that we don't know how this has been dealt with, only that we have not seen a Press Release that would be full of ifs, buts and maybe's.

I'm sure Rosco isn't sitting on his hands and all will become clear when the situation is actually clear one way or the other. No point putting out anything in the meantime in my opinion.

How do all you Robins fans feel about this season? are you Hopefull?.I was not really looking forward to the season, but now March is getting ever closer i am looking forward to it.I just hope i see some decent racing WINNING i don't really give a hoot about if we do hopefully we will do it FAIRLY.!!! obiding by the rules like every other club does.?

This doubling-up crap is a farce, they are Swindon assets...no wonder people are deserting the sport...weaker line-ups=weaker crowds= less money for the club. Will still watch the Robins now and again as I have since moving from London in 68, still my fave sport to watch, but cant afford to go every week, and watching the dogs, horse-racing, rugby union, ice hockey, non-league football for me is much better value for money and better facilities and presentation and atmosphere(most of their crowds are on the up as well). Hope Swindon pay their riders this year, and don't treat their loyal fans as mugs again.

Edited by marllamb downsman
  • Like 1

When Nick first rode for us, I'm sure that he was a full-time EL rider - it was only later that he started doubling up.

Maybe he just has to go back to that with Sweden and Poland?

That is true and his form suffered because of it, until he went out on loan to Scunthorpe.. As far as Sweden and Poland go, Poland is a closed shop now until April? i believe, not sure about Sweden but it is the next step to take for an improving rider, if the right offer comes along...until then, it has to be one more year of double upping in my opinion.

Swindon would be mad to lose Nick as an asset.

No I'm not wrong. What I stated is fact. Somerset and the Kurtz family were told throughout last season that Brady Kurtz would enter the PL on a 3 point average in 2014. Whether that should or shouldn't have been the case is not what we are discussing but it is certainly what they were told.

• Like 2

Lets not let the rules get on the way then!!

Brady should actually be on a 7 due to his Danish experience and that would be the case whether he is classed as an Aussie a Brit or any other nationality you wish to attach.

As I said before the Kurtz family and Somerset were acting on the information they were given. It wasn't them that moved the goalposts. If the custodians of the sport don't know their own rules how can anyone else?

I'm just picking this out of tthe air, so don't know if the maths would work, but

Morris & Gustaffson to Leicester = Korneliussen to Swindon, plus Birks ??

Why? Leicester only have one spot to fill.