British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

Andy Warren who wrote the story is usually fed news from either Rosco or Swindon Speedway..

This article may well be a 'load of guff' but do you know that for sure ?

Whatever the truth, the PR from the club just gets worse...

This is all based on the extent of the feeling of so many Swindon fans who realise how important young Nick is not only for the 2014 side but also the future. Personally, the kid is the best rider I have seen of his age since Ward, and before him, Michael lee. He is fearless, can pass on big or small tracks and simply does not know when he's beaten.

I hope this is all rumour and conjecture, but if it's true that he wants away, Swindon should do absolutely everything in their power to keep him.

• Like 1

With a few easier races, this could be a good season for Nicolai to get back to something near what we expected him to be a few yers ago.

He has done well at Swindon before and now he should have his usual team back with him after Freddie Lindgren used him last season. Wishing him all the best and hope he helps Swindon reach the play offs

before getting spanked in the final by Wolves once again ;)

Edited by T.N.T.

The Swindon "also ran Excalibur Robins". Has a nice ring about it don't you think?

Yeah. Until you look at the other sides and realise that they are all crap as well.

Very poor signing in my opinion, he has ability and on his average you inclined to think he is a bargain but he is very inconsistant and his average does reflect that, if he gates can beat anyone but rarely passes anyone.

He's in the side to take points off three pointers. Should be able to manage that.

Could it be that another PL club is dropping an already signed rider and fans favourite to accomodate him in their line up?

Could it be that he has elected not to ride PL but to ride in Sweden Denmark and Poland and base himself in one of those countries?

In fact just as accurately it could be that he is about to be the first Aussie to go to the moon?

When I saw his status it never occurred to me that it referred to Swindon tbh. I still dont, but thats only my competely uninformed opinion. I feel people are reading something into a comment that just isnt there but again its only opinion.

Its a shame it has all blown up into this though as it could damage the relationship between the supporters and the rider when there could be no reason for it.

PR doesnt exist in speedway though unfortunately or all this could have been put to bed

Not sure I get this ? at no time have Morris or Swindon Speedway said he was not going to be riding for them this year and with the last signing now in place it looks like that how it will be ...the only time to make comment if that was not the case .

Here are some tweets from the Adver reporter Andy Warren

Andy Warren@AndyWarren_17m

Had a few more conversations regarding Nick Morris this morning. Still plenty going on in background regarding where he will be next season.

Andy Warren@AndyWarren_3m

Re Morris, he is keen to ride in both leagues but riding on a Thursday for the Robins seems to restrict his options.

Andy Warren@AndyWarren_1m

Sheff and Glasgow both interested but a move to either almost certainly mean he has to leave Swindon. Not many Elite spots left. Leicester?

Well apart from the usual comments from the Poole "Trolls" the one good thing about the signing of Nicolai must mean that Nick is staying at Swindon or surely they'd wait until it was sorted before signing the last rider?.

I certainly don't expect Nicolai to hit the heights of his previous spell with the Robins but with the points what was left he's as good as we could've got & contrary to the idiot from the South Coast not all riders can be or have to be top riders in a team sport.

There is promise amongst the team but it remains to be seen if it's good enough for the play offs with the reserves we've got.

Just hope what the "tabloid" reporter Andy Warren is tweeting is just the usual rubbish he comes up with regarding Nick.

Here are some tweets from the Adver reporter Andy Warren

Andy Warren‏@AndyWarren_17m

Had a few more conversations regarding Nick Morris this morning. Still plenty going on in background regarding where he will be next season.

Andy Warren‏@AndyWarren_3m

Re Morris, he is keen to ride in both leagues but riding on a Thursday for the Robins seems to restrict his options.

Andy Warren‏@AndyWarren_1m

Sheff and Glasgow both interested but a move to either almost certainly mean he has to leave Swindon. Not many Elite spots left. Leicester?

Andy Warren still after a job at a major "Red Top Tabloid" paper then!!!!!!!!!!

Risky signing, may pay off but he was dreadful at Boro and Lynn this year. With the Elite teams so watered down now, he's probably worth a punt on that average..

League watered down but price remains the same as 2013, madness in the extreme.

The Swindon "also ran Excalibur Robins". Has a nice ring about it don't you think?

TROLL.

I remember when Morten Risager came onto the scene and looked like he was going to be a world beater. Several years later he is a second string in the PL.

Klindt seems to have followed this same route.

TROLL.

• Like 2

Following the announcement of Gustafsson, Nicolai's signing was a no-brainer! He was the highlight of our 2011season - let's hope he's got his mojo back because last season was a major disaster. He has the ability to bounce back and I hope he does. He could easily put a couple of points on his average - and I'm sure that's what KL were looking for this season.

So looking at the team (1-5):

Kildemand - should continue his improvement and develop into a recognised #1 and at least maintain his current average or increase it slightly

Morris - if he rides for us (and I hope he does) should be good to up his average by at least a point

Gustafsson - a change if track should help him push on to the next level and should up his average by at least a point

Klindt - could easily put 2 points on his average if he gets his head clear or could flop

Batchelor - will make the step up this year and increase his average in this weakened league

So all 5 have improvement in them but it's on the track where it counts - not on paper. This team certainly won't have the favourites tag this year (and that's not a bad thing) but could be in the fight for a play-off place. If I'm honest ALL teams seem pretty average this year so the title will be there for the taking for the team with the biggest hunger to win and luck in steering clear of injuries - oh and peaking at the right time - no point in finishing top if you run out of steam in the play-offs!

• Like 3