British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

Riders will ride where they want, Maybe Swindon should focus on why Morris doesn't want to ride for them.

As far as I understand, Nick Morris has signed a contract with the Swindon Robins with priority fixture access over the Somerset Rebels, Due to the Somerset Rebels now not being part of the contract; The whole contract is meaningless and won't stand up in court.

Why can't someone from the club clarify the situation asap?

Will be most disappointed and disillusioned if Nick not at Swindon next season !

On the one hand Rosco can't have too many complaints (should Nick go) after the way young Ashley has been treated - however after opening up his home to Nick he may feel that Morra has taken a 'rubbish in his shoes' if he rides elsewhere in the EL in 2014...

As I said if a rider reneges on a contract then the said rider should be prevented from riding elsewhere in the EL - if not, the floodgates will open! If it is Swindon that is impacted and Poole sign him then it is Adrian Miedsinski all over again - but worse!

A contract of employment precludes you from working for anyone else for a period of time.

I do hope that Morris doesn't turn his back on Swindon

If he does he does, and theres nothing you can do about it. Personally, id have Nick Morris in our side tomorrow...

Actually, if Morris has signed a contract and has changed his mind - he shouldn't be allowed to ride in the EL this season for any other team - as contracts are legally binding! Birks hasn't been treated badly at all - it's a numbers game and he hasn't signed a contract as far as I'm aware.

It all depends on the terms of the contract, but basically if no money has changed hands there is no contract.

Quote from Neil Middleditch: "I dont want the little twit!! god he eats enough when he is here with Darcy, every week i would be broke!!"

And where did you read that??

And where did you read that??

Good ol' Facebook. In response to Nick's original comment, which was shared on the Swindon Speedway group. (He didn't write "twit". This forum's filter changed that.)

https://www.facebook.com/nick.morris.940?fref=ts

Edited by grachan

Would have thought if Morris is changing clubs in the EL and it is still an if, then Leicester or Birmingham make more sense. He would not be a heat leader but one of the highest averaged second strings. More easier points to get. He might have thought he would be a second string at swindon when it was announced he was staying at Swindon. Lots of talk of Killer, Doyle and Mads as the top 3 for Swindon then.

How the hell have you lot come to the conclusion from that statement that Nick is off else where? More likely he's signed for Shefffield.

That'll be the Sheffield that ride on Thursday nights would it?

Actually, if Morris has signed a contract and has changed his mind - he shouldn't be allowed to ride in the EL this season for any other team - as contracts are legally binding! Birks hasn't been treated badly at all - it's a numbers game and he hasn't signed a contract as far as I'm aware.

We were reliably informed by Patchett and Tsunami on here two or three years ago that double-uppers don't need a contract to ride for a club.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Riders will ride where they want, Maybe Swindon should focus on why Morris doesn't want to ride for them.

As far as I understand, Nick Morris has signed a contract with the Swindon Robins with priority fixture access over the Somerset Rebels, Due to the Somerset Rebels now not being part of the contract; The whole contract is meaningless and won't stand up in court.

You know jack so please just go away with all your bull!!!!!!

• Like 1