British Speedway Forum

Robins 2014

We'll see & it looks like it's going to be his fellow Dane Nicolai Klindt as the last Robins rider.

Yes, looks as though Robins are now favourites for Klindt! Too many fixture clashes for Poole, according to his tweets.

Someone's loss is another's gain, I guess!!? :D:wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Nick Morris released by Somerset because of average of Brady Kurtz changing from 3 to 5.

Other clubs available to Nick are Scunthorpe and Peterborough. He is lucky this change was not done later when there could have been no spaces available.

If he gets a place at Scunthorpe then no place for Ash & average is too high for Peterborough.

What a cock up & guess with Swindon having first dibs on Nick in fixture clashes then that's why Somerset changed their mind.

Nick needs to ride in Premier League so hope all gets sorted for his & the Robins sake.

Nick Morris released by Somerset because of average of Brady Kurtz changing from 3 to 5.

Other clubs available to Nick are Scunthorpe and Peterborough. He is lucky this change was not done later when there could have been no spaces available.

Would leave Boro 10pts for last 3 places if Nick signs, however if Dakota North has been pencilled in, that cant happen. Hope Morris finds a place, he needs prem lge racing for his continued improvement imo..

• Like 1

Would leave Boro 10pts for last 3 places if Nick signs, however if Dakota North has been pencilled in, that cant happen. Hope Morris finds a place, he needs prem lge racing for his continued improvement imo..

morris over north all day long

No point signing a rider who is missing half the time.

but you have signed Pawlicki
  • Like 2

morris over north all day long

Obviously, however 10pts for 3 places may be restrictive. All depends what reserves are being lined up I would imagine. A top 3 of Fish, Lasse and Morris would take some stopping though, I would take that with some young improvers at 6 and 7...

Sorry for me & my boy to go it's too expensive in my eyes as money will be spent in other areas that are more value for money & that isn't Swindon Town F.C either.

Got out of the habit of going last season & just don't have the money to justify it again as money goes elsewhere due to a daughter at university.

I'll ask you again when you have to pay for the kids as that was what killed it off for me as I agree for a family of 4 it's not bad.

Then again you don't pay for 2 of them yet.

Agree, the standard of teams reduces every year but not the price. A lot of people think 17 quid is too much for NOT the Elite league speedway. I follow horse racing and you can get into Chelto for 9 quid..much better facilities, and with a bit of luck can go home with more than you came with. Also have free admission for under 18s.34 quid for me and 'er indoors is too much to pay out every week so will pick and choose meetings next year. Crowd levels at speedway wont be increasing unlike football, rugby, ice hockey, horse racing etc.,Unfortunately the quality of speedway stadiums is generally still stuck in the 70s/80s when the promoters took money out of the sport.10-12 quid is more like it nowadays. Cant use the recession as an excuse for lower gates anymore if other sports(apart from cricket)can attract bigger attendances. That new stadium if it ever comes to fruition might help. Speedway is still the most exciting spectator sport for me but too many don't agree.

Edited by marllamb downsman

Birks has tweeted he has been let down by Swindon, so guess you can rule him out. Another rider shafted!

• Like 1

New rule becoming more of a mockery. Birks is a prime example of the type of rider this should benefit, not some of the limited talent picking up reserve berths.

It's probably the right decision to not put him in the top 5, but he shouldn't be exposed to the issue in the first place.

This new rule is to cut costs, nothing else. How the promoters can say otherwise when the likes of Ashley are ostracised in favour of 'investing' in riders such as Lee Smart, Dan Halsey and Simon Lambert beggars belief.

Contrary to what they think, not all Speedway fans are gullible idiots!

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 7

Birks has a 3.06 average, which is subject I guess to a 2.5% British reduction?

My feeling is that Swindon should not have committed until the rest of their team was in place, and that they have let the lad down.

Surely given the nature and severity of his injuries at Plymouth, he should have been allowed into the draft. Doesn't Kyle Newman have more experience.

Give Ashley a lift.

Mind you isn't he a shoe in for the last spot at Belle Vue?