British Speedway Forum

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

No this is not for us at the present time, after stepping back for a while we are really enjoying our speedway as fans, its far better than getting to involved. We shall be doing various things for 2014, club, riders and maybe sgp.

That's a pitty would be great to see Meridian Lifts back with the Pirates again.

. We shall be back helping Poole in 2014 no doubt but as a smaller sponsor.
  • Like 1

I don't hate Poole Speedway Club, but I do despise every single moron that cheered each of the last two weeks when a rider fell, and I do have a sour taste for the way Poole Speedway go about their business of winning, I.e. Lakeside call-off.

Despise away, you are the one with the problem then, perhaps you should seek help for it.

There is nothing wrong with cheering when a rider falls, its an instinctive reaction from passionate fans who want their team to win.

As you despise it then you must have the opinion that said fans would like to see riders injured.. which is far far from the truth with 99.9% of fans and just demonstrates that is YOU who has the problem, not others.

• Like 1

Matt Ford said in last nights program that it's pure jealousy. How right he is. he said if he was liked he would be doing something wrong as success always breeds jealousy.

If that's what Ford said then he is obviously an egomaniac as well as a fool :t:

As for last night Poole thoroughly deserved their victory against a very poor Birmingham side. Poole have proved to be the strongest and most determined side in the Play Off's and once again have proved Mr Shovlar wrong.

It was a shame though that the meeting was so boring, obviously not helped by that 'cow pat' of a track..

• Like 3

Oh dear! :rofl: If only Matt Ford had followed this advice in 2010 when Poole finished top and 4th placed Coventry had the cheek to not only beat them at Brandon but on their own track as well fair and square. Unfortunately toys out of the pram time at the end from a bitter and twisted promoter intent on getting his own back. So excuse me if I don't join in the celebrations because I could never bring myself to congratulate Poole on being champions this season. Signed.........A.N. Elephant from Leicester. :mad:

Suit yourself.

As for last night Poole thoroughly deserved their victory against a very poor Birmingham side. Poole have proved to be the strongest and most determined side in the Play Off's and once again have proved Mr Shovlar wrong.

Why have Poole proved Steve wrong? He's always been 100% behind the club..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Yes I am 51 & maybe losing it a bit but as an ex marine I do keep myself fit & healthy with an active mind ,but reading on this forum that a human being thinks it is ok to cheer when another human being falls or crashes is absoloutely disgusting. I am totally shocked by these comments by people who should no better as speedway is a terribly dangerous sport & sometimes innocuous looking tumbles can result in life threatening injuries. Isn't it strange when if someone abuses another regarding there skin colour or sexual preference there is uproar yet we allow cheering when a rider crashes ,for all we know that rider could be dead. I am saddened & shocked I really am.

• Like 1

The Master strikes again .

And where will you be next Monday night??? Bit dark at the Abbey this time of year, so i understand!! :rofl:

Great meeting last night, with the Pirates in imperious form. Wards pass of Harris in ht6 was amazing to watch from the track, it looked like he just went straight through Harris and out the other side (watching the replay on the screens in the glass stand dispelled us of our opinion the he was using the Dark Arts though)!

MOM JG was very good value, great race with Rebels team mate Jason Doyle and will do well in the Elite (if there is one) next year.

God knows what happened to Smolinski, definitely not the same rider the rode in the GP Challenge.

Looking forward to a great night out with Bluejam next Monday (not so much the hangover that is going to come with it though :drink: ).

Of course the most important point is obviously that the Gavan and Shovvy show will be here for another week! :wink:

• Like 1

And where will you be next Monday night??? Bit dark at the Abbey this time of year, so i understand!! :rofl:

Collecting 3 grand from corals when Poole win I expect .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Why ? have a look in the speedway betting bit I backed them when they were bottom in May at 14-1 ... :drink: :drink:

Some tell me, how much did you have on to win that? And id go in Tuesday if i were you...

Edited by Starman2006

Some tell me, how much did you have on to win that? And id go in Tuesday if i were you...

Do I need to tell you that ? surely you must know how money it takes at 14-1 to be able to collect 3 k I thought you understood betting ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

There is nothing wrong with cheering when a rider falls, its an instinctive reaction from passionate fans who want their team to win.

Seriously? That is rather pathetic and really childish to try and excuse such pathetic behaviour. It's funny though, I followed my team home and away for many. many years, and not once did I, nor the fans I travelled with do it, nor experience such vociferous cheering by home fans on my travels as we heard at Poole. Riders risk their lives, and the least us fans could do is try and keep our big fat mouths shut for a moment when they fall, to ensure they get up. FFS, are you for real?
  • Like 1

Seriously? That is rather pathetic and really childish to try and excuse such pathetic behaviour. It's funny though, I followed my team home and away for many. many years, and not once did I, nor the fans I travelled with do it, nor experience such vociferous cheering by home fans on my travels as we heard at Poole. Riders risk their lives, and the least us fans could do is try and keep our big fat mouths shut for a moment when they fall, to ensure they get up. FFS, are you for real?

You cant have seen many fall. or you havent been to any of the tracks I have been to or your just lying to make a point, the laughter and cheering of darcy at eastbourne was deafening, it happens at every track unless its just against poole riders when we are away!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3

As I said last week this is really boring when people keep saying this ..a % of fans no matter what track will cheer when a rider falls ...the same happened last night thou no down sounded worst due to size of the crowd .
  • Like 1

As I said last week this is really boring when people keep saying this ..a % of fans no matter what track will cheer when a rider falls ...the same happened last night thou no down sounded worst due to size of the crowd .

The point he seems to keep banging on about is that it only happens at poole which we all know is garbage.

• Like 7