British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2014

I see all the good riders are getting snapped up. They had better pull there fingers out. If they don't it will be 2012/13 all over again. I don't se how we can build a team if we don't no how much cash we have to spend, It's very quiet on the sale front. We could do with an update Mr Machin please. But hey ho we are only the paying customers.

To all Tigers fans, the next STAARS gathering will be this Thursday (12th December 2013) from 8pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south of Owlerton Stadium.) All are Welcome!

Edited by Tigerite

I see all the good riders are getting snapped up. They had better pull there fingers out. If they don't it will be 2012/13 all over again. I don't se how we can build a team if we don't no how much cash we have to spend, It's very quiet on the sale front. We could do with an update Mr Machin please. But hey ho we are only the paying customers.

And we have already signed one.

Still quite few riders out there that could be possible signings that still don't have clubs.

Lets not forget that there is one less team in the Premier League this season, and already 5 of the 12 teams have confirmed their full line up, still plenty of decent rider to go aound.

Steady is not a one man team. We said all this last season, and look what happened.

I am kind of just glad we are going to be running next season, Steady is a great start and a fully fit Stead all season would be a great thing for us, hopefully now we can get some good quality in to support Stead for a good season then build from there, we certainly have to look at making Owlerton a fortress again.

nieminen? karlsson? bjerre? doolan? possibly alden? vissing? tully? lanham? some brilliant no.5/3s there

Add to that Roynon, North,Gathercole, Ostergaard, Birka and Proctor.

Plus riders who might be interested.

Wolbert and, Fisher.

And that is jusrt off the top of my head without looking anywhere else.

Mr Machin says he is not running Sheffield next season whatever happens. So I would not count the chickens just yet. Fingers crossed the new owners step foreword asap. Then we can sign all these great rider's that people are suggesting.

Mr Machin says he is not running Sheffield next season whatever happens. So I would not count the chickens just yet. Fingers crossed the new owners step foreword asap. Then we can sign all these great rider's that people are suggesting.

I think that we have to remain positive.

If there was not a good chance of a buyer been found why would Simon Stead signed to ride for the club?

• Like 2

Spinny's right. I can't see Stead signing unless there is something pretty concrete in there. Newport did it and then folded, but that's exceptional.

Gathercole wouldn't be bad. Hasn't always ridden well there, but his last two meetings for Plymouth have been pretty good.

Gathercole has always been a bit moody around Sheffield, think it would take him a fair bit of time to come to terms with Owlerton, although i still feel he could do a job. As mentioned in a separate thread - I would love to see young Joe Jacobs in a Sheffield race jacket though.

• Like 1

If Gathercole signs for Sheffield, I'll have to give serious thought as to whether I'll be wasting £15 of my hard earned money every week.

I remember the move he pulled on James Birkinshaw quite a few years ago which resulted in a broken hand for James.

Gathercole is a rider whom I'd lose no sleep if I never saw him ride in this country again. An average, dirty rider who's team place would be better filled by ANY Brit out there!

• Like 2

If Gathercole signs for Sheffield, I'll have to give serious thought as to whether I'll be wasting £15 of my hard earned money every week.

I remember the move he pulled on James Birkinshaw quite a few years ago which resulted in a broken hand for James.

Gathercole is a rider whom I'd lose no sleep if I never saw him ride in this country again. An average, dirty rider who's team place would be better filled by ANY Brit out there!

Have to agree with you to a certain extent would find it very hard to support him, I too remember that move on Birko and it was totally unnecessary, I suppose you could put it down to inexperience and youthfulness, but I don't think I have ever seen a more clear cut case of taking out a rider as that night.

Have to agree with you to a certain extent would find it very hard to support him, I too remember that move on Birko and it was totally unnecessary, I suppose you could put it down to inexperience and youthfulness, but I don't think I have ever seen a more clear cut case of taking out a rider as that night.

Agree, he did the same to Pepe Franc at the OTA in 2010, didn't show much remorse for it either.

there was a worse one, vissing on coops, vissing is another rider i could never support after that move