1. BEN BARKER..........9.44
2. KYLE NEWMAN.......5.32
3. ALEX DAVIES.........7.38
4. ROLAND BENKO......5.00
5. RASMUS JENSEN.....7.00*
6. KALLE KATAJISTO....4.92
7. BEN READE............3.00

Issued 1st January
Lee Trigger, team manager for the Devils has today (New Years Day), confirmed that Kalle Katajisto and Ben Reade will complete the devils line up for their 2014 Premier League campaign. Lee said " I have secured the signature of Kalle for 2014 and he will be joined at reserve by returning Plymouth asset Ben Reade. This now completes the Devils septet for the forthcoming season."

Report by Tim Locke & Lee Trigger

• Like 1

Plymouth Devils

1. BEN BARKER..........9.44

2. KYLE NEWMAN.......5.32

3. ALEX DAVIES.........7.38

4. ROLAND BENKO......5.00

5. RASMUS JENSEN.....7.00*

6. KALLE KATAJISTO....4.92

7. BEN READE............3.00

Issued 1st January

Lee Trigger, team manager for the Devils has today (New Years Day), confirmed that Kalle Katajisto and Ben Reade will complete the devils line up for their 2014 Premier League campaign. Lee said " I have secured the signature of Kalle for 2014 and he will be joined at reserve by returning Plymouth asset Ben Reade. This now completes the Devils septet for the forthcoming season."

Report by Tim Locke & Lee Trigger

Nice to see a young side with plenty of potential, Barker at 25 is the old man of the side!

Reade coming back from injury will probably need a little time but hopefully Kalle can take the pressure off him with some good scores at reserve. Pretty happy on the whole.

• Like 1

Benko wont average 4 next season, never mind improve his average in my opinion.

Saw him at Sheffield last season. Looked out of his depth amongst a field of mostly national league riders. Perhaps he'll fair better around Plymouth, but he barely looked a 3 point rider to me.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but it's all about improvement for me and every member is still young enough to improve in my book. 11th last season so top 10 will do me nicely.

Spot on. I don't think its a title winning side but its certainly one I'd want to go and watch.

Benko wont average 4 next season, never mind improve his average in my opinion.

When I say improve I'm talking about the team as a whole and that they are all young. From what I have heard and from the scores I've seen, Benko is probably going to struggle to average 3 initially but the hope like with all overseas newbies is that he gets better with time. Fingers crossed! If not I'm sure the promotion will make changes!

When I say improve I'm talking about the team as a whole and that they are all young. From what I have heard and from the scores I've seen, Benko is probably going to struggle to average 3 initially but the hope like with all overseas newbies is that he gets better with time. Fingers crossed! If not I'm sure the promotion will make changes!

Why waste 2 points on a no hoper for, if the suggestions are he will struggle to average 3? Where is the sense in that?

Benko isn't any better than Seargant, & would most probably cost a lot more. Doesn't make sense to me, but its not my money.

Doesn't make sense to me either. As you said its not your money and neither is it my money but as a fan who has only missed a couple of meetings since Plymouth reopened and have also spent alot of money following them away from home, I would much rather see a young Brit in the team than an untried foreigner on an assessed average.

I have to be honest though and say I have little knowledge of Benko, so perhaps the "management" have made the right decision and we should reserve judgement until we have seen him ride.

Doesn't make sence to me to judge any rider before we have seen him ride, to many experts on this site that do that, i would rather give a young British lad a chance, but i will wait and see what Benko can do on the track first, if he's not up to it, he will be sent back to Hungary, if he is good luck to the lad.

The planning variation also allows racenight extension to 9.45 from 9.30, look out for a second half programme and also adds Thursday as an alternative race night BH Mondays will start at 6.

Current track work makes it look as if track will be a couple of metres longer going into turn 1 and also turn 3, dogleg between 4 and finish line will be gone, turn 1/2 will be wider by about a metre so expect some more around the outside 'death dives'