British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2014

Still very un-professional though, don't you think..

No more than when any number of other riders get the sack. How often do rider who have underperformed keep there job as they're on low averages while the ones who have done nothing wrong get the sack? It's part of being a speedway rider.

Fair comment, but its still a very un-professional way to go about things though.. But this is where speedway shoots itself in the foot. Riders who perform well, bump up their averages by two points or so, then get dropped at the end of the season because there averages are deemed to high and they won't attain them... Think that this is where riders are now learning, if your not challenging for the title and your average is high and you want to stay at the club or move on....

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

What you say is true but I think Katajisto got a few more than just one big away score.

According to an earlier post, he's coming in on a 4.9 average. If he goes back to his Edinburgh average (by staying away from the hard stuff, it seems) he'll put 2 points on that.

I think he's a good signing and that seems to be backed by those from Edinburgh.

The same Steen Jensen had a very good season in Denmark last year and was in Esjberg team which won Danish Super League title

What a farce.

How unprofessional. Nothing surprises me anymore. I wouldn't have considered Lemon anyway, but this is not clever.

Now it seems there are potential doubts about Alex Davies getting a work permit, according to the BBC sport webpage.

You simply couldn't make this up, could you?

Davies needing a work permit is no different to any other overseas rider needing one - It's normal, just because it gets reported on doesn't mean it's different to any other club securing work permits for their foreign riders.

You seem to pick up on any small crack and try and turn it into something that simply isn't there. Had Somerset re-signed Davies or any other PL club for that matter they would have had to follow the same procedure - Get a grip!

As for Lemon, yes it wasn't handled in great glory but I'm led to believe there was far more going on in this one than meets the eye! I do agree with you on one thing though - I wouldn't have considered him in the first place either!

If we go out and sign three excellent riders and end up competing for a playoff spot, are you still going to come on and moan that they are from the wrong country or eat the wrong food!?

Have you guy's actually signed Katajisto?? as I have not seen anything official

No.

So importantly who is joining plymouth then, my money is on rasmus?

Lets hope so, he has massive potential!

Bit of a shoddy way to treat the bloke though.

I do agree but sadly this is a greater good moment - Happens all the time in speedway on this occasion Mark was the unfortunate one.

Davies needing a work permit is no different to any other overseas rider needing one - It's normal, just because it gets reported on doesn't mean it's different to any other club securing work permits for their foreign riders.

You seem to pick up on any small crack and try and turn it into something that simply isn't there. Had Somerset re-signed Davies or any other PL club for that matter they would have had to follow the same procedure - Get a grip!

As for Lemon, yes it wasn't handled in great glory but I'm led to believe there was far more going on in this one than meets the eye! I do agree with you on one thing though - I wouldn't have considered him in the first place either!

If we go out and sign three excellent riders and end up competing for a playoff spot, are you still going to come on and moan that they are from the wrong country or eat the wrong food!?

No.

Lets hope so, he has massive potential!

I do agree but sadly this is a greater good moment - Happens all the time in speedway on this occasion Mark was the unfortunate one.

Mickey.... You've done you're fair share of whinging on this and last years thread, so it's a bit hypocritical to pull others for it don't you think? :) Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Mickey.... You've done you're fair share of whinging on this and last years thread, so it's a bit hypocritical to pull others for it don't you think? :)

There have been many negative comments by

Mikey T both on here and on the Plymouth forum. You are entitled to your opinion Mikey but Opiniontated and everyone else are entitled to theirs too, isnt that what forums are about?

There are some posts that are just not funny

You have to admit its not quite as entertaining without him :o:D

I have to wonder whether Lemon being dropped is at least partly due to the totally adverse reaction on here and elsewhere.

If it is, surely Messrs Taylor & Stephens deserve a bit of credit for taking heed of it ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

Mickey.... You've done you're fair share of whinging on this and last years thread, so it's a bit hypocritical to pull others for it don't you think? :)

Not at all - So because I make negative comments, I can't comment on other people being negative when I perhaps feel the criticism is unjust? Isn't that what a forum is for? It's hardly hypocritical as others pull me up on my comments all the time and I don't moan about that! I will openly admit I can be the most negative sod going but my negativity generally surrounds the signings or rider performances. Opinionated has made a b-line for the current management / promotion since they walked in the door!

There have been many negative comments by

Mikey T both on here and on the Plymouth forum. You are entitled to your opinion Mikey but Opiniontated and everyone else are entitled to theirs too, isnt that what forums are about?

Please point out to me where I have said no-one else can have an opinion? I comment on others opinions to give my views just as others do to my comments, it doesn't make any of us right or wrong - Isn't that what forums are about?

I am a negative git but then I also praise where it's deserved, sadly as Plymouth fans we haven't had loads to shout about since joining the PL - But in my view some of the comments from Opinionated are at times just purely vindictive!

Edited by Mikeyt
  • Like 3

You have to admit its not quite as entertaining without him :o:D

I have to wonder whether Lemon being dropped is at least partly due to the totally adverse reaction on here and elsewhere.

If it is, surely Messrs Taylor & Stephens deserve a bit of credit for taking heed of it ?

I'm sure you are right. They certainly believed all those people who posted last winter saying that the SBA crowd would increase by 300 a week if Bowden left..