British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2014

its pathetic that someone else can get him as an asset though.... That should be the reward for signing him in the first place.

Erm David Bellego ....... there is previous history with this nonsense

I unfortunately think that the team put together will put a lot of people off coming, at least with two heat leaders with experience you were guaranteed 20 points a home mtg. Cant see it this year, absolutely shocking team make up.

I fear its the worst assembled team pre season than for the last three years, people get excited in the off season with the names that may arrive and then too see this, it will be embassining when the speedway star predict us at the bottom or near enough again! Its the nightmare before christmas!!!

Shocking side

Lemons a terrible signing

Strangely enough that's what we're all saying too!

Suspect that finance is playing a huge part in the Devils team selection this year. That said, I'm sure we would all prefer to watch the Devils next year rather than being unable to watch last years champions (if you see what I mean). Still keeping my fingers crossed though - who knows the Devils promotion might just have come up with an inspired team selection?

Suspect that finance is playing a huge part in the Devils team selection this year. That said, I'm sure we would all prefer to watch the Devils next year rather than being unable to watch last years champions (if you see what I mean). Still keeping my fingers crossed though - who knows the Devils promotion might just have come up with an inspired team selection?

I think you're right but I am somewhat surprised that finance is playing that much of a part. A decent, play off challenging side would draw big crowds to SBA - Plymouth got bigger gates than many for the last few seasons of struggle.

They are more likely to reduce than increase IMO.

Maybe I am being a little optimistic but Barker simply wasn't the rider for Ipswich that he had been for Plymouth and no-one -but no-one-rides SBA like he does.

Davies was basically a second string at Somerset and he is young enough and good enough to step up and Newman is better than that average and is equally young. Finally, as I said, Katajisto was at one time one of the best riders in the PL.

The problem is one bad signing destroys the enthusiasm that can be initially built up and that's exactly what the inclusion of Lemon has done. Put Rasmus Jensen in instead and the team takes a completely new - and far more positive - look.

I think Kalle will be in the main body with Benko at reserve. Isn't Kalle on something like 5.4 - I'm sure he was last season for all of one lap that he rode for Plymouth in.

Because Kalle rode last season his average must be recalculated over 24 matches. I think that will make him about 4.9.

When was Katajisto one of the top PL riders?

I remember him averaging about 7 from reserve, thats about it!

You could never really say that, however he did get a 15-point maximum at King's Lynn (riding at no. 4), 15 at Scunthorpe, 15+3 at Rye House, so if you could get him back to that form you would be delighted.

You could never really say that, however he did get a 15-point maximum at King's Lynn (riding at no. 4), 15 at Scunthorpe, 15+3 at Rye House, so if you could get him back to that form you would be delighted.

To be fair, it was a bit much..........but I saw that performance at King's Lynn - a King's Lynn side that included Olly Allen and Tomas Topinka - and he was simply superb.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

To be fair, it was a bit much..........but I saw that performance at King's Lynn - a King's Lynn side that included Olly Allen and Tomas Topinka - and he was simply superb.

I could list numerous 5 point men I've seen score 15-21 point scores and they amounted to very little over the years. Katajisto is a 6 point rider in reality.

An away 5-ride maximum from a position in the team? Really?

Brett Woodifield once score 19 from 7 at Newport beating Watson and Smart who both averaged over 9 that season. What did he ever do otherwise? Ok he was at reserve but he still beat the Newport top 2. Weirdly his dropped point was in heat 8 to what much have been Lee Dicken or Barrie Evans that season.

Once saw Steen Jensen score 13 from 5 at Newport. Steen Jensen? Who?

I've seen Billy Legg score a paid maximum and his average that season for 1.57

Didn't Lee Smart once score about 18 at Lynn?

Edited by SCB

Wow a few good performances.

Fact is hes a second string at best and has never been one of the leagues top riders - ever

Considering he's only had a couple of full UK seasons, that's a bit of a tough comment... Took Cookie 4 full seasons to be the best...