British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2014

On the bspa website it states that there is an under 21 British semi meeting on March 22nd, but your own website link from the bspa site only mentions a Devils meeting and no mention of a under 21 meeting.

Can anyone confirm which is correct.

If it is the Brit under 21 where does it list the riders

Edited by A ORLOV

I am a little surprised at the Benko bashing. We

don't really know to much about him so lets all put him in the minus 3 point category.

Just a few points to bear in mind before sharpening the axe. 1. Jozsef Tabaka, regarded as a decent PL rider, head to head Benko comes out on top. 2. Good on big tracks beating the likes of Aleksander Conda. 3. So keen on coming to Plymouth has spent time and big cash on practising around a temporary 140 metre track. 4. Arrived in Uk 10 days early to practise as much as possible on our small track. 5. First few laps on SBA didn't look very good, made adjustments and made massive strides.

All that said doesn't make him a 5 point plus rider but no-one at this time can say he's a 3 pointer.

IMO Plymouth have signed an exciting prospect who likes to ride wide, now get on you bike Benko and show what success hard work, dedication, sheer guts and determination will bring.

PS. sorry to hear about TABAKA, recover soon.

MARC Owen, Ryan MacDonald and Danno Verge have been handed call-ups to the British Under-21 semi-final at Plymouth on Saturday.

The trio replace Max Clegg who has chosen to ride for his Elite League club Leicester on the same evening, Brandon Freemantle who suffered an elbow injury in a weekend crash at Plymouth, and Adam Kirby who is without equipment. David Holt and Tyler Govier take the reserve berths.

GB Youth co-boss Neil Vatcher said: Even though it is very disappointing when riders pull out of these events, we are very excited about seeing how their replacements perform.

Marc is coming back into competitive action after being out for almost two years when he was injured in the British Under-21 Final, whilst Ryan is making the trip down from his home in Glasgow. We really do admire his dedication and we are sure he is not coming down to Devon just to make the numbers up.

Finally, Danno moves up from one of the reserve spots to take his place in the 16, and he is determined to prove to National League promoters that he is ready for a team spot.

BRITISH U21 SEMI-FINAL LINE-UP:MARC Owen, Ryan MacDonald, Danno Verge,James Sarjeant (Coventry & Coventry Storm), Ben Morley (Lakeside & Kent), Oliver Greenwood (Peterborough & Coventry Storm), Darryl Ritchings (Swindon & Kings Lynn Young Stars), Dan Greenwood (Coventry Storm), Jack Kingston (Mildenhall), Nathan Greaves (Cradley), Connor Coles (Mildenhall), Tom Woolley (Buxton), James Shanes (Devon), , Danny Phillips (Cradley), Ryan Terry-Daley (Coventry Storm), Connor Mountain (Mildenhall), Rob Shuttleworth (Stoke). Reserves: David Holt and Tyler Govier take the reserve berths

P&P from 13:00 meeting tapes up 19:15pm.

Edited by keyham
  • Like 1

Rider replacement is not available for a rider who has never ridden for the team to prevent what happeneed a few years ago with a team using r/r the whole season for someone who Never started a single heat for them.

Rye used R/R for Bunyan in our match on Tuesday, Bunyan's in NZ for the first GP

Depends whose asking.

I am a little surprised at the Benko bashing. We

don't really know to much about him so lets all put him in the minus 3 point category.

Just a few points to bear in mind before sharpening the axe. 1. Jozsef Tabaka, regarded as a decent PL rider, head to head Benko comes out on top. 2. Good on big tracks beating the likes of Aleksander Conda. 3. So keen on coming to Plymouth has spent time and big cash on practising around a temporary 140 metre track. 4. Arrived in Uk 10 days early to practise as much as possible on our small track. 5. First few laps on SBA didn't look very good, made adjustments and made massive strides.

All that said doesn't make him a 5 point plus rider but no-one at this time can say he's a 3 pointer.

IMO Plymouth have signed an exciting prospect who likes to ride wide, now get on you bike Benko and show what success hard work, dedication, sheer guts and determination will bring.

PS. sorry to hear about TABAKA, recover soon.

I think most are going by his appearances in the UK last Summer where he was underwhelming to say the least. His form on the continent isn't that great and continental form doesn't always transpire to the UK anyway. Sticky had excellent form in the Czech Republic but his form in the UK was poor.

Point taken Mikey and as usual your post is constructive. But there is something about this guy that shows he is professional and dedicated to the sport. His epuipment and kit is immaculate. Doesn't make him a good rider but we shall have to wait and see. He can go one of 2 ways and I can't predict which way that is, only to say we have 13 meetings before our first league meeting with the first away to Peterboro then 2 challenge matches against Somerset, we will have a better idea then.

Point taken Mikey and as usual your post is constructive. But there is something about this guy that shows he is professional and dedicated to the sport. His epuipment and kit is immaculate. Doesn't make him a good rider but we shall have to wait and see. He can go one of 2 ways and I can't predict which way that is, only to say we have 13 meetings before our first league meeting with the first away to Peterboro then 2 challenge matches against Somerset, we will have a better idea then.

From what I've been told this is spot on. The tools are all there so I guess no excuses! (That isn't meant to sound harsh). I understand his biggest issue tends to be gating which of course is very important especially at the SBA.

I couldn't make the Demons P&P last weekend but I spoke to someone who did and they felt Benko showed a fair bit of promise. I accept P&P can make any rider look good but at least that shows some potential.

Totally agree - I don't see him being okay - I think he will either prove a decent little signing or he will disappear in a whimper. Will be interesting to see which way he goes. Part of me fears the worst but the other part is excited at an 'unknown' who could be anything!

The Simota signing on the other hand is a bit of a meh for me as although he has pedigree I'm not convinced by him or his results on the continent. As I said previously continental results don't necessarily transfer to the UK. From what I've seen his last EL average was 4.44 in 2007 so there is at least something there to cling on to but that was 7 years ago now. Be interesting to see how he looks at P&P tomorrow.

Edited by Mikeyt