British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2014

And where did Alex Davies finish in the same competition?

I think you'll find the criteria for a tier 5 visa is to be "proven at the highest level". Jason is Australian number 2 and a SWC rider so qualifies. While Alex Davies is....?

Who's talking about Alex Davies, Jason is the Australian number 2, that's not proven at the highest level, maybe in Australia, not until he gets into the Speedway GP's can any rider say he is proven at the highest level, every Speedway riders ambition in the ride in the Speedway GP's, because then they can say they have proved they can ride at the highest level, until then he has proved nothing, except he can ride in the level below that.

The criteria will be whatever the UKBA accepts after being given all the information on each particular case, because like most other things the within a given set of rules they are open to interpretation as to what is acceptable.

If given all the information regarding any riders achievements or otherwise, that rider is accepted by the UKBA, he will have met their criteria as they see it, and not as you see it............so we will wait and see if Alex is given a T5

Its the UKBA criteria that say it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier5/creativeandsporting/

"If you are a sportsperson, you must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or your employment must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level in the UK.".

Alex Davies does not fit the bit in bold.

Who's talking about Alex Davies, Jason is the Australian number 2, that's not proven at the highest level, maybe in Australia, not until he gets into the Speedway GP's can any rider say he is proven at the highest level, every Speedway riders ambition in the ride in the Speedway GP's, because then they can say they have proved they can ride at the highest level, until then he has proved nothing, except he can ride in the level below that.

Erm, everyone. I suggest you look back. You quoted me discussing Alex Davies with womble53. You are the one who mentioned Jason Doyle, I pointed out that was a red herring as Jason is "internationally established at the highest level". Certainly a greater claim to it than Alex Davies anyway. you said that Debbie Hancocks bit about Jason Doyle said nothing about being "proven at the highest level" too., Well news for you, Debbie Hancock doesn't give out the visas, the UKBA do and their website clearly states, as I quoted above, sportsmen have to be established at the highest level for a tier 5 visa. You brought Doyle into it, we were discussing Alex Davies - shocking that on a Plymouth thread.

Edited by SCB

Its the UKBA criteria that say it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier5/creativeandsporting/

"If you are a sportsperson, you must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or your employment must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level in the UK.".

I know exactly what it says, as I have been pointing people in it's direction for ages now on other threads, and this. My point is that it doesn't matter at all how you or I interpret the rule, as if at the end of the application process the UKBA accepts a riders request for a T5 visa, be it Alex Davies or any other applicant, they will have made their decision based on their interpretation of their own rules, no matter what we think of the merits of the applicant.

In real life decisions are rarely Black and White, and many are based on the many shades of grey in between............especially where Government agencies are concerned

Can't believe all this nonsense about visas for people from what is one of our 'Commonwealth Countries'. They are mostly more 'British' than those strolling into work from EU countries.

We weren't bothered about all this red tape when they were coming over here to fight on our side during WW1 & WW2.

It's about time we got out of the EU, mind you that'd make more money for the Chancellor with all the europeans having to pay for visas. It all seems a mess from what I've read on here!

Edited by Steve55

Lee Trigger said on Biker FM they're looking to get Davies a tier 5 visa, but have a back up plan if that doesn't come to fruition. Also talked about Benko and how he's more suited to bigger tracks, which surprises me as he was awful around Sheffield! God knows how he'll fare round Plymouth :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the south west derby at the OTA in March. With Kyle Newman and Alex Davies in their side, this should make for a very even encounter, especially with the new team Somerset have.

car park will be in use for park and ride to town but if you can find a space then you can park there still for speedway

there is also a fair sized car park behind Comet which is on your left after you turn at the traffic lights and of course since it went bust Comet store is now closed. Dont know if its security patrolled

Last Saturday airtek fence erected for first time doesnt appear to affect site lines to the track from 1/2 or 3/4 banking

Stands along straight either side of refs box being rebuilt to remove rootten wood and replace with new.

dont forget March 21 7.30 get together at The Duke of Cornwall Hotel Millbay Road (opposite The Pavilions)

March 22 1.30 P & P before U21 semi at 7,15

March 23 stand at Marjons sport relief fun run

NEXT SATURDAY IN THE CLUBHOUSE AT OAK TREE ARENA (SOMERSET SPEEDWAY)

SPECIAL CHARITY NIGHT IN SUPPORT OF THE SOMERSET FLOOD RELIEF FUND

CERTAINLY DESERVES SUPPORT

• Like 1