British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Good signing for Poole, completing another play-off bound 1-7. I guess this means the heat structure will have been decided, as Poole will have waited for this before naming their full team IMO.

Also, Interesting news of the Poole / Scunthorpe NL link-up.

Wonder how that will work when it comes to 'protected riders' in future reserve drafts. Surely Poole would want first dibs on any rider who rides in this Scunthorpe NL team whether they are a Poole asset or not (unlike this year when only proper assets were protected).

If such an arrangement is allowed, then I can see other EL teams agreeing such link-ups in the future. Excluding King's Lynn obviously.

Its a good team but the 3 heat leaders are weaker then Belle Vue and Lynn but they should easily get in the top 4 and it wouldnt suprise me if either Magic or Pawlicki are gone in favour of Holder at some point somehow.

I have to disagree - BVs top 3 is not as strong as Poole's and KLs probably is but they are weaker in the second string department whereas Poole are not. Poole look like a good balanced team with top-end strength and strength in depth so for me they are the team to beat to this year.

Edited by Steve0

I have to disagree - BVs top 3 is not as strong as Poole's and KLs probably is but they are weaker in the second string department whereas Poole are not. Poole look like a good balanced team with top-end strength and strength in depth so for me they are the team to beat to this year.

You need to be careful, Gavan will think you have joined us blue tints!

• Like 3

Well not much between Zagar and Ward and Nicholls and Cook combined have better elite league averages then Magic and Pawlicki though i admit Pawlick has room for improvement where as Magic will always be an inconsistent third heat leader over here. As it stands both Belle Vue and Lynn have (in terms of averages) a stronger top 3. Josh and Worrall fairly similar dpends on Milik and Belle Vues last signing.

daft comment alert! Its obvious Poole are strong though i think a lot will depend on Magic stepping up as he has stagnated in the elite league. Form on the continent means nothing as Magic is better over there.

My point was i doont think there is anything between Poole , Lynn and Belle Vue but Poole are the favourites this year

I give my opinion as i see fit. I was adament Pooles 1-7 strating line up was shocking this season yet they were able to make about 12 changes and win the league.

This season they have built a strong 1-7 but little room for changes if it goes wrong.

Poole to top the table and then a side with a late run into the play offs after making lots of changes (a la Poole this year) to win the whole thing.

As proved its about the best 1-7 from late July onwards not always the best 1-7 at the start

Oh and what steveo did in disagreeing but saying it properly could be a lesson learned from certain Poole fans

decent team, weak links would be magic and milik. top 4 material anyway.

Really, you think so... :o Welcome back Shamek, i do hope the rest of the League are Quaking in their boots, because they are gonna need to!!! :D:lol:

Why not, the more the merrier, Welcome aboard Steve0.. :rofl::t:

decent team, weak links would be magic and milik. top 4 material anyway.

If these 2 perform it should be Pooles but both carry risks. For all Janowskis potential he has hardly pulled up trees and Milik is a slight risk. If Janowski (as he should by now) average 8 and Milik is the 5 point rider he should be then Poole will win the league

Really, you think so... :o Welcome back Shamek, i do hope the rest of the League are Quaking in their boots, because they are gonna need to!!! :D:lol:

Why not, the more the merrier, Welcome aboard Steve0.. :rofl::t:

I know. Wondering whether he will turn up scares a lot of supporters

• Like 4

Yet another competitive and well thought out line-up put together by Matt Ford. Milik rode very well throughout the u21 and GP rounds last year and should do well given time. Legitimate signing on a 4, because he doesn,t have a Swedish or Polish average that would result in anything higher. (Where the system is wrong is in the case of Piotr Pawlicki whose home league average should be discarded in favour of his Swedish one.) Onto to Shamek - i'm a huge fan as a result of his excellent performances for Bees on the tight tracks of Monmore Green and Lakeside in 2011 (the latter lost in the ether of the Kennett farrago). Looking forward to the matches against you guys this year now that we seem to have reasonably similar teams.

Yet another competitive and well thought out line-up put together by Matt Ford. Milik rode very well throughout the u21 and GP rounds last year and should do well given time. Legitimate signing on a 4, because he doesn,t have a Swedish or Polish average that would result in anything higher. (Where the system is wrong is in the case of Piotr Pawlicki whose home league average should be discarded in favour of his Swedish one.) Onto to Shamek - i'm a huge fan as a result of his excellent performances for Bees on the tight tracks of Monmore Green and Lakeside in 2011 (the latter lost in the ether of the Kennett farrago). Looking forward to the matches against you guys this year now that we seem to have reasonably similar teams.

I agree with you and well said . And Piotr's average is bang out of order, i don't think i know anybody who doesn't think its not to high.

Edited by Starman2006

good team on paper, having said that Poles are excellent so long as they keep their polish team happy and Darcy! well he's injured again, will he make a full season? only time will tell.

Well not much between Zagar and Ward and Nicholls and Cook combined have better elite league averages then Magic and Pawlicki though i admit Pawlick has room for improvement where as Magic will always be an inconsistent third heat leader over here. As it stands both Belle Vue and Lynn have (in terms of averages) a stronger top 3. Josh and Worrall fairly similar dpends on Milik and Belle Vues last signing.

daft comment alert! Its obvious Poole are strong though i think a lot will depend on Magic stepping up as he has stagnated in the elite league. Form on the continent means nothing as Magic is better over there.

My point was i doont think there is anything between Poole , Lynn and Belle Vue but Poole are the favourites this year

I give my opinion as i see fit. I was adament Pooles 1-7 strating line up was shocking this season yet they were able to make about 12 changes and win the league.

This season they have built a strong 1-7 but little room for changes if it goes wrong.

Poole to top the table and then a side with a late run into the play offs after making lots of changes (a la Poole this year) to win the whole thing.

As proved its about the best 1-7 from late July onwards not always the best 1-7 at the start

Oh and what steveo did in disagreeing but saying it properly could be a lesson learned from certain Poole fans

12 changes! Pawlicki will end on a better average than either nicholls or cook, magic was excellent last season and certainly didnt go missing in the play offs, milik will need time to adjust and Josh will be the biggest improver,some forget he beat doyley from the back in the play offs