British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Sorry, I'm confused now - who has gone on a skiing trip??

Woffy. Steve Shovlar argued that Woffys skiing trip was comparable in riskiness as ward racing in this road race. He used Michael Schumachers accident as an example of how dangerous skiing is, and was pointing out that no one was giving Tai any stick. My response was in balance of the two riders and my own opinion of riders who get injuried outside of speedway.

As it's winter and not a lot going on, here is the last video - part two. So settle down with a tea, coffee or something stronger and enjoy another hour of classic speedway .... You can almost smell the methanol in the air as the big crowds roar the riders on.....Wonderful stuff.

Speedway races to Remember (Part 2 of 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ste7aYLM-PA

1.jpg?v=4fc532bd.

A big thank you to khvideos on youtube for the excellent downloads and once again, my apologies for going off topic.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Many sports persons take part in other sports in their off season and because of the type of people some of them are they often push to the limit and will take risks. F1 drivers have gone mountain biking and injured themselves. Others have gone go karting and had an accident.

Speedway riders have a life away from Speedway and injuries and accidents can happen, jet skiing, off road biking or even in non sporting activities like visiting the pub.

• Like 4

PAWLICKI COMPLETES PIRATES’ PUZZLE

TUESDAY 21 JANUARY, 2014
1-pawlicki_2853-003.jpg REIGNING Elite League champions Poole have completed their team line up for the 2014 season after Polish international Przemyslaw Pawlicki agreed to return to the club.

The 22-year old – known affectionately by “Shamek” – had a short stint as cover for Pirates when Darcy Ward was injured last season and now returns for a longer spell.

Poole boss Matt Ford admitted: “I am delighted Shamek is back.

“I am also pleased to report that he is now fully fit after having an operation on his leg which has troubled him for some time.

“I think we all saw his potential during the relatively brief spell he had with us and I was aware of just how popular he was with our supporters.

“I believe with Shamek in better shame physically than before, I think his confidence could soar as a longer term Pirate.

Article continues from Poole Pirates site....... http://www.poolepirates.co/news.php?extend.1069

Yes Poole look a heck if a lot better then the 1-7 that lined up last year. Still having a punt that Magic and Pawlicki don't read at Eastbourne or Lakeside

Pawlicki is ok at the smaller tracks, magic has enough trouble with Coventry let alone the smaller tracks, perhaps Shamek can show him how to ride Coventry.

Overall though very pleased with the team and if Pawlicki could get his average up a bit we could bring in KK.

Pawlicki is ok at the smaller tracks, magic has enough trouble with Coventry let alone the smaller tracks, perhaps Shamek can show him how to ride Coventry.

Overall though very pleased with the team and if Pawlicki could get his average up a bit we could bring in KK.

very gd line up again mr ford looks top 2 imo gd heat leader trio and decent enough back up,cant wait for season to start and p.s wouls rather pawlicki over kk younger and will b better.

Interesting to read he is on loan from Coventry, have Matt and Mick made up now?

I didn't think it was Matt & Mick that had ever had a problem.

• Like 1

Shamek Pawlicki confirmed on Poole website.

Wow, thats a huge surprise!!

Great team with three genuine heatleaders and two improving second strings. But Id imagine that Milik and Pawlicki will make way for Holder and THJ if at all possible.

3? Janowski a genuine heat leader?? His average dictates not IMHO.

As expected Poole look a strong unit with a much better balance than last season. But i do agree SG, i can see both Holder and THJ back before the plays offs.

Poole teams in March very rarely resemble what is on track in September but FWIW this team looks unbeatable at home and fine away on the larger circuits, but with three eastern Europeans could be found out on the smaller tracks.

Comfortably top four though even if they stick to the same 1-7 all year.