British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Sorry, I'm confused now - who has gone on a skiing trip??

I think she's getting confused.com... :P

Bruised knee bones , little fracture No ligament damage. Puts me off abit for the start of 2014 but think should be sweet

Darcy's message above.

And for those suffering from speedway withdrawal this winter, here is something to help out!

(HD) Holder V Ward!....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgTHUvcJt8

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Bruised knee bones , little fracture No ligament damage. Puts me off abit for the start of 2014 but think should be sweet

Darcy's message above.

And for those suffering from speedway withdrawal this winter, here is something to help out!

(HD) Holder V Ward!....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgTHUvcJt8

Cheers! Cracking heat from 2 great racers!! :t:

Great race, tough race to watch as a Poole fan!!

That's what I thought as well!

Here is my final link with some wonderfully tough racing and some great names from the past......And not an air-fence in sight!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL252kNh4mo

Sorry to take the Poole thread off topic and mods please remove if inappropriate?

• Like 1

Two sides to this i feel.

Nothing against riders trying to keep fit during the winter. You can injure yourself in the gym or like Hans Andersen i think was jogging. But..... keep fit doing your job i would say. Batchelor was injured racing for the Aussie title. Darcy was injured in an activity that isnt his job.

Not saying the guys shouldnt do it, i know for a fact Mark Loram went snow boarding every winter, but if i was Poole team manager i would be taking Darcy to task and reminding him his job is to be fit to ride a speedway bike not prat about skiing or motor crossing.

Before this gets laid into by the trolling one i dont agree that Tai should be out doing these things either. They are paid to ride speedway bikes so dont put yourself in a position where an injury is likely.

Yes they are young lads but their speedway career is a short one so i would like (and probably their team managers as well) to see a bit more professionalism from their riders.

I know from my point of view if one of my star riders was out injured from go-karting, skiing. motorcross,or any other risky activity i wouldnt be best pleased.

Just so the 1 or 2 blue tints get this:

THIS IS NOT A POP AT DARCY OR POOLE JUST THE SITUATION!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Two sides to this i feel.

Nothing against riders trying to keep fit during the winter. You can injure yourself in the gym or like Hans Andersen i think was jogging. But..... keep fit doing your job i would say. Batchelor was injured racing for the Aussie title. Darcy was injured in an activity that isnt his job.

Not saying the guys shouldnt do it, i know for a fact Mark Loram went snow boarding every winter, but if i was Poole team manager i would be taking Darcy to task and reminding him his job is to be fit to ride a speedway bike not prat about skiing or motor crossing.

Before this gets laid into by the trolling one i dont agree that Tai should be out doing these things either. They are paid to ride speedway bikes so dont put yourself in a position where an injury is likely.

Yes they are young lads but their speedway career is a short one so i would like (and probably their team managers as well) to see a bit more professionalism from their riders.

I know from my point of view if one of my star riders was out injured from go-karting, skiing. motorcross,or any other risky activity i wouldnt be best pleased.

Just so the 1 or 2 blue tints get this:

THIS IS NOT A POP AT DARCY OR POOLE JUST THE SITUATION!!!!!!!!!

A generally well balanced view from Gavan with much that I agree with!......Plus far more nicer for us to read and almost without the personal, Poole put-downs :lol:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Of course riders shouldn't sit around like nuns during their time off from the sport. They are entitled to do as they wish as is every other human living in the free world.

Unless, like a few footballers, their contracts ban them from doing certain sports, then they are free to do as they wish. As fans we sometimes wish they don't do it but we have no say in how they lead their lives.

In fact the sports they partake in to keep fit are probably safer sports than speedway. The reason injuries occur is because the riders are not as accomplished as they are at speedway and probably push themselves further than their ability allows.

• Like 1

Of course riders shouldn't sit around like nuns during their time off from the sport. They are entitled to do as they wish as is every other human living in the free world.

Unless, like a few footballers, their contracts ban them from doing certain sports, then they are free to do as they wish. As fans we sometimes wish they don't do it but we have no say in how they lead their lives.

In fact the sports they partake in to keep fit are probably safer sports than speedway. The reason injuries occur is because the riders are not as accomplished as they are at speedway and probably push themselves further than their ability allows.

True Steve plus that speed adrenaline rush they seek that is obviously within them.

However, the risk element in leisure activities should be taken more seriously because they have sponsors, teams and fans that should be taken into account and collectively do not want to be let down by an injured rider who hurt himself outside of the sport.

Awwww im so so so so so so sowwee Starman really didnt intend to cause you any upset...will be careful who i try to 'wind up' in future just in case it doesnt meet with your approval your emminence...

That ok, no worries... :D Hey, nice to see Rosco complimenting poole in our local rag, and the way Matt runs the club, and how Poole is very well run... Good man.. :t: I could get to like him you know... :D

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

That's what I thought as well!

Here is my final link with some wonderfully tough racing and some great names from the past......And not an air-fence in sight!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL252kNh4mo

Sorry to take the Poole thread off topic and mods please remove if inappropriate?

Thanks for putting that link on as what an hour of watching vintage speedway & commentary of such a high standard without any of the shouting that we have to endure with Pearson.

Thanks for putting that link on as what an hour of watching vintage speedway & commentary of such a high standard without any of the shouting that we have to endure with Pearson.

Now thats what you call pride and determination. Sadly lacking nowadays... Nice to hear Dave Lannings Darset tones..

I remember those two Wembley races involving Penhall very well, shame we didn't get Daves commentary..

Edited by Starman2006