British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

A child's playground isn't where a legend of sport is seen fighting for his life is it???

I think some on here are taking steves post to literally. I think Steve was using Michael as an example. Michael was seriously injured, we all know that, but Darcy is not, and hopefully not at all. I just think some on here are jumping on the bandwagon, just for the sake of it.

• Like 2

I think some on here are taking steves post to literally. I think Steve was using Michael as an example. Michael was seriously injured, we all know that, but Darcy is not, and hopefully not at all. I just think some on here are jumping on the bandwagon, just for the sake of it.

I take exception if that is directed at me & will leave you in your own little world where it's ok to try & justify it.

To think that people will use a seriously injured man to stick up for Darcy is pathetic & very sad.

• Like 1

To think that people will use a seriously injured man to stick up for Darcy is pathetic & very sad.

Now you are twisting my original post. I didn't use Schumacher to stick up for Darcy Ward. I used Schumacher to show the dangers of Skiing and the fact that Gavan failed to moan about Tai going on his holiday but was quick off the mark when Ward alledgedly got injured doing some sport somewhere.

I stand by my original post.

• Like 1

On reflection and due to the way this has progressed - Please may I suggest we just get back onto Poole Speedway matters and refrain from any further references to Michael Schumacher and to send our thoughts and best wishes for a full recovery..... Thanks :t:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 5

...So I hear Poole speedway have already pre booked fireworks and an open bus tour of the town for when we successfully retain the EL title this season.

...So I hear Poole speedway have already pre booked fireworks and an open bus tour of the town for when we successfully retain the EL title this season.

I hope so Jason but if it's Coventry again in the play-off final and we lose, will Matt throw a Paddy and forget the key to the storage cupboard....... again!!

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Back to Poole topic - Darcy has tweaked his knee whilst racing, which looks like just bad bruising - hopefully. He is getting it checked out today!!

UPDATED (on another thread) from Darcy's twitter - Bruising with small fracture in knee bone, no ligament damage. May mean a slightly delayed start to the season

Edited by Skidder1

I take exception if that is directed at me & will leave you in your own little world where it's ok to try & justify it.

Im not aiming it at you, where did you get that impression from? Im aiming it at all those who have jumped on it needlessly, its the same old story, steve is a poole fan let all jump on whatever he says from a great height. You are all reading it the wrong way.. but thats no suprise...

Edited by Starman2006

Im not aiming it at you, where did you get that impression from? Im aiming it at all those who have jumped on it needlessly, its the same old story, steve is a poole fan let all jump on whatever he says from a great height. You are all reading it the wrong way.. but thats no suprise...

So who put Michael on the thread first in response to Darcy's injury?.

I would've said the same to any fan if they'd have said it for any of their riders, regardless of the club but no-one else has done it.

It was part of the thread.

It's hardly surprising when you look at the number of posts to his name.........

• Like 1

It's hardly surprising when you look at the number of posts to his name.........

So what. he is free to post on here, like anybody else.

Now you are twisting my original post. I didn't use Schumacher to stick up for Darcy Ward. I used Schumacher to show the dangers of Skiing and the fact that Gavan failed to moan about Tai going on his holiday but was quick off the mark when Ward alledgedly got injured doing some sport somewhere.

I stand by my original post.

I think you need to read your posts again as you mentioned Michael in reply to Darcy getting injured.

Speedway riders are allowed to do what they want to keep fit & I for one don't blame them as they are young lads.

I still think it wasn't called for to use a sportsman who is still fighting for his life which was the point I was trying to make.

So who put Michael on the thread first in response to Darcy's injury?.

I would've said the same to any fan if they'd have said it for any of their riders, regardless of the club but no-one else has done it.

It was part of the thread.

But there's still no need to jump on him or anybody else from a great height. And i would suspect it would have a lot to do with him being a poole fan... Sad, very sad...

But there's still no need to jump on him or anybody else from a great height. And i would suspect it would have a lot to do with him being a poole fan... Sad, very sad...

I think it's sad that you think it's ok really but there we go.

Will let you get on with thinking that as well as my conscience is clear on this one.

• Like 1

Ever since Speedway riders starting riding in other sports I think we as speedway fans have a right to be a little concerned. Yes the riders know the risks involved but do they know the consequences? Ward is lucky to have such an assured team spot, and two buddies in Holder/Hancock who will step in for him. But one day that won't be possible. I'd lean towards stoping him competing whilst he is so prone to crashing. As for Tai, he also injured himself riding his MX bike, and we had to use R/R for weeks. Ruined our season. So likewise with Darcy, his skiing trip is deserved but probably not wise and I just hope he's taking all precautions neccessary..

Edited by superguest
  • Like 1

I think it's sad that you think it's ok really but there we go.

Will let you get on with thinking that as well as my conscience is clear on this one.

I take it you didn't read my original post then? No, thats no suprise..

Ever since Speedway riders starting riding in other sports I think we as speedway fans have a right to be a little concerned. Yes the riders know the risks involved but do they know the consequences? Ward is lucky to have such an assured team spot, and two buddies in Holder/Hancock who will step in for him. But one day that won't be possible. I'd lean towards stoping him competing whilst he is so prone to crashing. As for Tai, he also injured himself riding his MX bike, and we had to use R/R for weeks. Ruined our season. So likewise with Darcy, his skiing trip is deserved but probably not wise and I just hope he's taking all precautions neccessary..

Sorry, I'm confused now - who has gone on a skiing trip??