British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Gavan - you say many good things (and some things is don't agree with) but if you get into a t*t for tat with the resident troll, you can come across as banging the same drum and I think that's why the others join in like a pack of wolves Can I suggest that you don't feed the troll because he clearly enjoys winding you up and then maybe he will get bored (I doubt it but I live in hope)

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Didn't have to bring it up at all especially when he's still in such a serious condition.

But his serious condition is exactly why he should bring it up. His point was that Tai goes skiing and as we have seen with Schumacher, skiing can lead to awful injuries, as bad as anything you can get from jet skiing and riding moto-x. It was a fair point tbf.

what does that have to do with it but yes I have and not keen on what he does to the sport. As I say good businessman good for Poole not for the sport.

So how can you posibly pass judgement if you've never met him...

Edited by Starman2006

But his serious condition is exactly why he should bring it up. His point was that Tai goes skiing and as we have seen with Schumacher, skiing can lead to awful injuries, as bad as anything you can get from jet skiing and riding moto-x. It was a fair point tbf.

If Michael had recovered from his accident I would agree it was worth bringing up but sorry do not agree using him to make a point when he's still in a serious condition.

• Like 1

Gavan - you say many good things (and some things is don't agree with) but if you get into a t*t for tat with the resident troll, you can come across as banging the same drum and I think that's why the others join in like a pack of wolves Can I suggest that you don't feed the troll because he clearly enjoys winding you up and then maybe he will get bored (I doubt it but I live in hope)

fair comment but its only the one I have issue with. This is a forum it's opinions but he doesn't listen to anybody else's anytime. Nothing wrong with banter and debate he just goes to far

My uncle used to sponsor a certain world champion who rode for Poole and let me tell you neither him or his crew were that keen on the mans dealings but again in sure that will be laughed off

What the world champions, or Matts?

I know Shovvy is seen as the devil incarnate by some, but there was nothing wrong with his post, he was as you say, highlighting the dangers of skiing...

• Like 4

Why? Yes it's very sad and unfortunate, but that's life. These guys know the risks in what they do, some even get a kick out of the element of danger involved. It was a harmless comment blown way out of proportion.

• Like 1

So how can you posibly pass judgement if you've never met him...

i have met him! Didn't u read what I wrote. Meeting someone doesn't mean you can't make judgement. Not keen on Craig Bellamy or Russell Brand or Chubby Brown haven't met any of them. Daft topic

I know Shovvy is seen as the devil incarnate by some, but there was nothing wrong with his post, he was as you say, highlighting the dangers of skiing...

Jacques my little flower. You've actually said something i agree with... ;)

i have met him! Didn't u read what I wrote. Meeting someone doesn't mean you can't make judgement. Not keen on Craig Bellamy or Russell Brand or Chubby Brown haven't met any of them. Daft topic

Met him or spent time in his company to listen to his views on British Speedway?? Because first and formost, Matt is a speedway fan..

Edited by Starman2006

Why? Yes it's very sad and unfortunate, but that's life. These guys know the risks in what they do, some even get a kick out of the element of danger involved. It was a harmless comment blown way out of proportion.

All down to opinions or standards really but happy that I feel the way I do about it & would never use such a sad thing to try & win an argument.

All down to opinions or standards really but happy that I feel the way I do about it & would never use such a sad thing to try & win an argument.

People are trying to make something out of nothing. My point was very valid. And I hope Schumaker makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

I think some posters obvious dislike for Steve clouds their better judgement when they post. Nobody is perfect but some comments remind me of a child's playground.

• Like 1

No it didn't but I neither expect you to except that or care really as if you really think I would do that then I feel sorry for you.

I don't need your sympathy thank you and like you...... I'll believe what I want to.

And for the record I have just repeated the post that was accidentally removed that resulted in the above reply from CR.

And of course the fact that you repeatedly call Steve Shovlar a "Teenage girl" from Bridport" didn't affect your judgement in being so outraged!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7