British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I must say that there are a few people on this forum who appear to be endeavouring to put pressure on the BSPA to change the rules because they do not like them.

In this case Poole looked for riders to fit the figures that were available. When they sign one certain people start up.

As I am a regular at Somerset I saw the situation re Bradley and thought I think Somerset had made a mistake which it turned out to be correct because of Denmark last year.

Everyone had the chance to sign Miillik on a 4 but they chose not to.

I must say that there are a few people on this forum who appear to be endeavouring to put pressure on the BSPA to change the rules because they do not like them.

In this case Poole looked for riders to fit the figures that were available. When they sign one certain people start up.

As I am a regular at Somerset I saw the situation re Bradley and thought I think Somerset had made a mistake which it turned out to be correct because of Denmark last year.

Everyone had the chance to sign Miillik on a 4 but they chose not to.

Putting all team allegiances aside for one moment do you think hot European prospects coming over on 4's is correct?

As for Kurtz, he should be on a 7. Its clearly in the rules that any experience in a top league elsewhere means 7. Not 5.

2014 FIXTURE NEWS

bspa.gif

FRIDAY 17 JANUARY, 2014
POOLE will begin their league title with a home tie against Eastbourne on Wednesday 9th April before embarking on a two-in-a-day contest against Wiltshire rivals Swindon on Good Friday, but prior to the league campaign the Pirates will be involved in an early season challenge against Lakeside Hammers in the Southern Mafia Trophy with the first leg at Poole on Wednesday March 26th and the concluding leg at Lakeside 48 hours later.

Link to Poole website.... http://www.poolepirates.co/homepage

The Lakeside meeting may not be the return leg according to the Lakeside website. Some doubts about certain Poole riders availability beleive

Southern Mafia Trophy. Love it!

Mafia +" A criminal organisation that operates under its own code of conduct without regard for normal laws. The Mafia is noted for its involvement in bribery, theft corruption, and racketeering"

Yep, that sounds like Fat Maud to me !. ;)

• Like 3

Putting all team allegiances aside for one moment do you think hot European prospects coming over on 4's is correct?

As for Kurtz, he should be on a 7. Its clearly in the rules that any experience in a top league elsewhere means 7. Not 5.

i know what you are saying and I am saying I would disagree. However, the rules were set down by the people that control the sport and like it or not that's what we have to live by.

The Lakeside meeting may not be the return leg according to the Lakeside website. Some doubts about certain Poole riders availability beleive Mafia +" A criminal organisation that operates under its own code of conduct without regard for normal laws. The Mafia is noted for its involvement in bribery, theft corruption, and racketeering" Yep, that sounds like Fat Maud to me !. ;)

brilliant post. You trying to say that Poole pick and choose their riders for certain away meetings? Can't believe that lol. Lets see if Magic and Milik ride at Lakeside Eastbourne and Wolves. Bet you they get Worrall in at Eastie

Makes me laugh to see people requesting the rules to actually be changed to handicap Poole further. Milik is a 4 in line with the current rules, am guessing people are just grasping at anything to build Poole up as the villains. So far they have stuck by the rules.

Your wasting you time mate. As you say, anything poole!!

The Lakeside meeting may not be the return leg according to the Lakeside website. Some doubts about certain Poole riders availability believe

If there's an issue with Poole rider availability, why would the fixture appear on Poole's website and not Lakeside's??

• Like 1

If there's an issue with Poole rider availability, why would the fixture appear on Poole's website and not Lakeside's??

think you will find its a tongue in cheek remark about certain riders from Poole cherry picking certain away meetings last season namely Pawlicki and Janowski, 2 poles on small tracks shock horror

I would agree with your point SteveBrum if the rule was changed at the AGM and then am guessing Poole wouldn't have signed Milik. I know we wouldn't have gambled with covatti. Once the rules are set for the year and riders contracted in line with those rules that's it really. To move the goalposts again would make them an even greater laughing stock. Maybe they will change it next AGM in November this year

The goalposts were changed with Kurtz!

Rubbish and you know it. Kurtz was changed because he rode in the Danish League. Millik has only ridden lower level speedway. The two do not compare.

You are just chasing shadows, as will your team in 2014. Millik has the correct average and you can shout all you like but those are the rules and Poole have acted within them.

Of course they compare! Somerset were assured that he would be on a 3 even if he did ride in the Danish league, but the BSPA have changed his assessed average.

It is quite possible they can also for any rider currently on an assessed average. Surprised you cant follow the logic in that.

No surprise tho that you use a reply to have a go at Wolves. You were probably saying the same thing this time last year.

As also expected you take a chance to add into a reply something that isn't there. Not once have i said Poole haven`t acted within the rules because they have.

Like i said the discussion on new riders being assessed on 5 is to ALL new riders for ALL teams. You of course fail to see what is blindingly obvious to suit your own agenda.

• Like 1

The goalposts were changed with Kurtz!

Of course they compare! Somerset were assured that he would be on a 3 even if he did ride in the Danish league, but the BSPA have changed his assessed average.

It is quite possible they can also for any rider currently on an assessed average. Surprised you cant follow the logic in that.

No surprise tho that you use a reply to have a go at Wolves. You were probably saying the same thing this time last year.

As also expected you take a chance to add into a reply something that isn't there. Not once have i said Poole haven`t acted within the rules because they have.

Like i said the discussion on new riders being assessed on 5 is to ALL new riders for ALL teams. You of course fail to see what is blindingly obvious to suit your own agenda.

we know by now that he twists what anybody writes to suit his own agenda.

Claims we are anti-poole because we dont believe Darcy was the best rider in the world in 2013

Claims we are anti poole because we think that Milik could be reassessed

Claims we are anti-poole because we believe Pooles track was poor last season.

And many many more

Its the same old anti-poole guff time after time.

Incapable of discussion or a reasoned debate just a troll on here to aggravate yet we both rise to the stuff he spouts.

He, unfortunatly, is a reason why a lot of Poole fans get tarred with the same brush.

Rubbish and you know it. Kurtz was changed because he rode in the Danish League. Millik has only ridden lower level speedway. The two do not compare.

You are just chasing shadows, as will your team in 2014. Millik has the correct average and you can shout all you like but those are the rules and Poole have acted within them.

Millik is a 4. There's no dispute.

In fairness apart from a single mention in the previous days, it was your own post below that got people (me included) re-debating Milik's average.

Perhaps the delay is Matt waiting for confirmed agreement that Millik is a 4 (which he should be).

If the governing body change the rules to block him, then Matt should go for Morris plus THJ if they fit to give strength in depth. Would be just as strong.

There actually hasn't been much criticism about his average since he was signed. Debate over whether 4 is the correct starting point; yes, but I'd say a pretty high percentage of agreement; certainly much higher than typically in favour on a Poole topic.

I would like to point out one thing. As far as I know, a 4 point average (Cat 3) is for certain riders who haven't ridden in a professional league. Milik has. He is a Cat 2 rider. A Cat 2 rider has a personal average assigned on the Rider's Grading List. Now that isn't public, although a number of individual averages have been published. Prior to the Milik signing; I'd assumed 4.5 would be the lower level of Cat 2, but that was just my assumption.

What also is unclear to me is why the general concensus (based on current rules not what people think it should be) is that 4 was correct for Milik. Not saying that's wrong, but I wasn't aware that riders (presumably riders not reaching 6 in the top Polish/Swedish leagues) were allocated a 4 rather than be individually evaluated in the way Pawlicki junior has.

There actually hasn't been much criticism about his average since he was signed. Debate over whether 4 is the correct starting point; yes,

So what you are saying is, you are quite happy with Millcks starting average of 4, which has been ratified and correct. But all the other poole bashers on here disagree, so it must be wrong....

Edited by Starman2006

So what you are saying is, you are quite happy with Millcks starting average of 4, which has been ratified and correct. But all the other poole bashers on here disagree, so it must be wrong....

No one is bashing Poole.

If you choose to see it that way..................... you might just be a bit paranoid.

• Like 1