British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Crikey I didn't realise that Neil Middleditch was part of Michael Lee's career going off the rails. What a track record he has of helping keep young riders on the straight & narrow:-)

Lee also rode in. the same team as rosco, so now you know where rosco learnt all he knows or smokes!! Edited by foreverblue

I think you will discover there are kings Lynn and Swindon fans who also agree with me.

Well done for getting a couple on your side.

You admit to knowing that!! :o:rofl:

I know a lot about music. That is my excuse and i am sticking to it :rofl:

Fact for Steve Shovlar not opinion

Sweden - 2012

Ward 7.94

Iversen 9.22

Woffinden 6.00

Sweden - 2013

Ward 8.73

Iversen 8.71

Poland - 2012

Ward 7.36

Iversen 8.52

Woffinden 6.30

Poland - 2013

Ward 7.62

Iversen 9.46

Woffinden 9.33

UK - 2012

Ward 9.76

Iversen 8.84

Woffinden 8.80

UK - 2013

Ward 9.07

Iversen 9.12

Woffinden 9.20

Clearly shows from FACTS that Iversen is many steps ahead of Ward. Ward is still young and has all the potential to be better but right now he's not. In 2013 Woffinden shows as the biggest improver too. These are facts, enjoy them Steve

Shovlar and the Pooleites will still turn that into irrelevant arguments. Cant argue with facts, unless you are a Poole fan of course!

Gavan and Steve Brum have just lost the argument. Can't argue with sliders post.

Fact.

Cant argue that Tai won the World title injured and was the best rider all season. FACT.

Yep, and how many meetings did Darcy miss through injury and how many did NKI ride?? you lot will be eating cardboard come next October...

Excuses excuses blah blah blah.

NZ Darcy scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

NZ Tai scores 9 from 6 (7th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Tai scores 14 from 7 (4th place)

Gothenburg GP Darcy scores 0 from 2 (16th place)

Gothenburg GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

Prague GP Darcy DNR

Prague GP Tai scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Cardiff GP Darcy DNR

Cardiff GP Tai scores 7 from 3 rides (9th place)

Gorzow GP Darcy DNR

Gorzow GP Tai scores 12 from 7 (3rd place)

Copenhagen GP Darcy scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Copenhagen GP Tai scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Darcy scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Tai scores 18 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Darcy scores 13 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Tai scores 15 from 7 (3rd place) * podium 2nd in scores

Slovenian GP Darcy scores 10 from 6 (6th place)

Slovenian GP Tai scores 17 from 7 (2nd place) * podium 1st in scores

Stockholm GP Darcy scores 15 from 6 (5th place) podium, joint 2nd in scores

Stockholm GP Tai scores 7 from 5 (10th place)

Torun GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Torun GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (6th place)

Darcy scores 106 from 52 rides = 2.038

Tai scores 151 from 74 rides = 2.04

Close as you like!

And in favour of Tai. Thanks for pointing out what sensible folk already knew ;-)

Edited by stevebrum

NZ Darcy scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

NZ Tai scores 9 from 6 (7th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Bydgoszcz GP Tai scores 14 from 7 (4th place)

Gothenburg GP Darcy scores 0 from 2 (16th place)

Gothenburg GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (5th place)

Prague GP Darcy DNR

Prague GP Tai scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Cardiff GP Darcy DNR

Cardiff GP Tai scores 7 from 3 rides (9th place)

Gorzow GP Darcy DNR

Gorzow GP Tai scores 12 from 7 (3rd place)

Copenhagen GP Darcy scores 19 from 7 (1st place)

Copenhagen GP Tai scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Darcy scores 11 from 6 (6th place)

Italian GP Tai scores 18 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Darcy scores 13 from 7 (2nd place)

Latvian GP Tai scores 15 from 7 (3rd place) * podium 2nd in scores

Slovenian GP Darcy scores 10 from 6 (6th place)

Slovenian GP Tai scores 17 from 7 (2nd place) * podium 1st in scores

Stockholm GP Darcy scores 15 from 6 (5th place) podium, joint 2nd in scores

Stockholm GP Tai scores 7 from 5 (10th place)

Torun GP Darcy scores 13 from 6 (5th place)

Torun GP Tai scores 12 from 6 (6th place)

Darcy scores 106 from 52 rides = 2.038

Tai scores 151 from 74 rides = 2.04

Close as you like!

Gonna make this year interesting then, init... ;)

1 thing we're all united (not confused about ) about , is you still post the usual blue tinted garbage ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. :t:

I wonder what Darcys average would have been and his GP standing would have been had he not got injured...

Easy to get confused up there... :rofl:

I think that Ward has probably got the most talent but unfortunately for him, not the best judgement. He needs to adjust his lifestyle, get himself fitter & to play the percentages more, learning when to settle for the points he has got. This way he may avoid injury & become world champion, the way that Tai did!

• Like 1

Tai is a proven World Champion, he was awesome last year and i always thought he had the talent to do it. Darcy also has the talent but as yet has not completed his goal . Tai is the better gater for sure and if Darcy can up his gating will be there or there abouts for sure, but Tai has been there and done it. who is best, well i dont know, but we do know Tai is a Champion.

• Like 1

Ward was struggling at the beginning of the season even before he got injured. Although he is a talented rider he did make some silly mistakes in the gp which cost him finals.

Tai was the best for me as became world champion even with injuries and was exciting to watch

• Like 2

Perhaps the delay is Matt waiting for confirmed agreement that Millik is a 4 (which he should be).

If the governing body change the rules to block him, then Matt should go for Morris plus THJ if they fit to give strength in depth. Would be just as strong.

Perhaps the delay is Matt waiting for confirmed agreement that Millik is a 4 (which he should be).

If the governing body change the rules to block him, then Matt should go for Morris plus THJ if they fit to give strength in depth. Would be just as strong.

They don't fit!!! :wink:

They don't fit!!! :wink:

That's never stopped Fraud in the past. :D

15 in the heats is better than sneaking a semi with 7 then having a second and a win. The semi and final is no more important than any other race.

Tell that to Niels! Winning the final gives confidence. As soon as he won in Terenzano, there was no stopping him! I think only Jarek outscored him after that.

It has happened to Somerset over Brady so quite possible Milik could be re-assessed too.

As previously discussed 5 should be minimum for all newcomers anyway so it would only be fair if it was.

It has happened to Somerset over Brady so quite possible Milik could be re-assessed too.

As previously discussed 5 should be minimum for all newcomers anyway so it would only be fair if it was.

The thing about watering down the league is that it takes a while for the ramifications of that action to be addressed. On last year's rules, 4 may have been fair (although I agree that all new foreigners should come in on a minimum of 5) but this year it will give any team that signs such a rider a distinct advantage - although there is a risk that he might not do well at British tracks.

The thing about watering down the league is that it takes a while for the ramifications of that action to be addressed. On last year's rules, 4 may have been fair (although I agree that all new foreigners should come in on a minimum of 5) but this year it will give any team that signs such a rider a distinct advantage - although there is a risk that he might not do well at British tracks.

Who would be a Promoter?? Those supporters complaining about 'watering down' the league and giving young Brits a chance are the same ones insisting that 'foreigners' are given higher averages making it more difficult to use them!!! :sad:

Edited by Skidder1

Who would be a Promoter?? Those supporters complaining about 'watering down' the league and giving young Brits a chance are the same ones insisting that 'foreigners' are given higher averages making it more difficult to use them!!! :sad:

Yes but what you haven't connected is that if you water down the league the old assessed average is effectively invalid and needs to be reviewed. Just looking for consistency :t: