British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Poole fans and Sidney showing themselves up to be idiots as usual. Tai was the best rider in the world by a long way last year. No rider was ahead of him when they got injured and no one had a better average points per meeting including Ward.

Ward messed his season up by putting himself in the fence in Gothenburg after getting nothing from his first two rides. You can't be world champ doing silly things like that. Ward needs to show a lot more discipline in his riding and lifestyle if he is to challenge Woffinden in the next few years. Tai is a rider who uses his head. Darcy on many occasions doesn't. Ward needs to learn to gate as well as many a time he scored good points in the heats only to miss out in semi's and finals due to poor gating and slick tracks meaning he can't come from behind against world class riders at that stage.

Any non Wally would put Woffinden as undoubted world no1.

What with Tai's professionalism and dedication I fancy him to keep Ward, Holder etc well behind him in the coming years.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 5

Im sure i read Tai is higher in Poland than all of the above hes also higher in England but didnt ride in Sweden. I await to be shot down but im 99% thats the case.

Ok, fair enough then.

Tai is world champion, end of. There is no better rider in the world at this present time, opinions do not alter that fact. I fully expect Tai to still be World champion this time next year as well..

I don't!! It is extremely difficult to do that. I'll hold my hands up if he does, but can't see it myself. Although I thought he'd struggle to get in top 8 this time last year! So what do i know ;)
  • Like 1

Surprise, surprise I don't agree! :DTai maybe WC but doesn't make him better based on the injuries to Holder, Ward and Emil.I'd be interested to see who has the higher averages in the different countries leagues..

Tai rode about half the GPS injured we need to remember that. Im quite sure I read a stat that he also averaged more points per gp than any other rider (might have been before the final gp).

Edited by woz01

Poole fans and Sidney showing themselves up to be idiots as usual. Tai was the best rider in the world by a long way last year. No rider was ahead of him when they got injured and no one had a better average points per meeting including Ward.

Ward messed his season up by putting himself in the fence in Gothenburg after getting nothing from his first two rides. You can't be world champ doing silly things like that. Ward needs to show a lot more discipline in his riding and lifestyle if he is to challenge Woffinden in the next few years. Tai is a rider who uses his head. Darcy on many occasions doesn't. Ward needs to learn to gate as well as many a time he scored good points in the heats only to miss out in semi's and finals due to poor gating and slick tracks meaning he can't come from behind against world class riders at that stage.

Any non Wally would put Woffinden as undoubted world no1.

What with Tai's professionalism and dedication I fancy him to keep Ward, Holder etc well behind him in the coming years.

So i am a idiot for having an opinion,so are all the Poole fans is that right.?Read your drivel again god how arrogant are you? Woffinden had a great year good on him and he will do so again this year.But you make out that speedway is an easy sport,it is not this year it is a clean slate all to play for.They,re are a pack of riders all capable of winning the WC,and anyone with half a brain? would know history tells you retaining the title is a very hard thing to do.
  • Like 1

You're no idiot Sidney, just a man with an opinion.

Just to add my threepence worth to the discussion, Woffy did it when mattered. and that what counts.

Although the points count towards the total in all the heats, they are not the be all you expect come, the semis and final. Most riders are only concerned of getting enough points to get to the finals. It is these 3 heats that really count.

When Looking at them races, how many finals did Darcy miss out on ? how many times did he come third in a semi? and that's the reason he wasn't World Champion.

Woffy done it when it mattered.. .

Of course Darcy is an exceptional talent, but in this company you can't give the other riders a start and expect to always come from the back. For Darcy to contemplate being a WC is has to be a better gater, with a much higher success of trapping.

Rate them higher if you want. The facts show that Tai was the best rider last season without question.

It isn't an opinion its a fact. You cannot compare a one off World Final with a 12 round series. Freddie or Tai could have won a one off World title if it was staged at Monmore Green.

Thats got to be the post of 2014 so far, what a comic you are mr Brum. And you say we wear Blue Tints.... :rofl: :rofl:

You're no idiot Sidney, just a man with an opinion.

Just to add my threepence worth to the discussion, Woffy did it when mattered. and that what counts.

Although the points count towards the total in all the heats, they are not the be all you expect come, the semis and final. Most riders are only concerned of getting enough points to get to the finals. It is these 3 heats that really count.

When Looking at them races, how many finals did Darcy miss out on ? how many times did he come third in a semi? and that's the reason he wasn't World Champion.

Woffy done it when it mattered.. .

Of course Darcy is an exceptional talent, but in this company you can't give the other riders a start and expect to always come from the back. For Darcy to contemplate being a WC is has to be a better gater, with a much higher success of trapping.

You don't have to win or be in finals to win a world title............Mark Loram proved that in 2000...........

And why don't we get back on topic............all this arguing is becoming boring and tedious............and stop bracketing all Poole fans as being the same...........most of us are not glory hunters and have seen the team through the good times and the bad..............

RP

• Like 4

Can you really believe what is written by the odd few usual blue tint suspects on here! Tai was the best rider in the world last year it is fact not opinion Shovlar. Tai was ahead of Ward in England ahead if Ward in Poland and finished world number 1 despite riding 2 rounds with a broken collarbone and effectively having only 2 rides in another. Ward even with his injuries didn't average the same.Ward missed out in a few semis where his gating on slick tracks meant he couldn't pass from the back even Lebedevs passed him in one semi. Nobody is saying Darcy can't be world champ he had the talent but he needs to improve his attitude his gating and not to over ride. You can say its opinion but its not Tai Woffinden is in world speedway ahead of Darcy Ward. It's the incredible statements from SOME Poole fans that get you called blue tints. Not one Poole fan has acknowledged that at the moment Tai is better and you wonder why you get stick

Darcy award is a better rider than Tai Woffinden. Fact

See what I did there? Gave my OPINION as a fact, just as others have done. Give me Ward over Tai any day of the week and I am sure the record books will reflect that Ward will end up as the better of the two.

And I write this as someone who cheered on Woffinden to his title.

Anyway back on topic. Are Poole going to finish top or second in the table in 2014? Fancy us to clean up again to be honest.

See what I did there? Gave my OPINION as a fact, just as others have done. Give me Ward over Tai any day of the week and I am sure the record books will reflect that Ward will end up as the better of the two.

And I write this as someone who cheered on Woffinden to his title.

Anyway back on topic. Are Poole going to finish top or second in the table in 2014? Fancy us to clean up again to be honest.

We get it, you think Ward is a better rider. Not sure who this award guy is tho ;-)

However back in the real world and just outside Dorset the rest of the UK and World KNOW that Tai is already the better rider.

What Ward will, wont, may et al do is just OPINION.

No facts yet (Other than Tai IS World Champion and the better rider right now).

Hard for Poole fans to take i`m sure, not sure why it should be.

You can say quite correctly that it is a fact that Tai is World Champion. You can't say as a fact he is a better rider than Ward. That would be an Opinion

PMFSL.

A rider that wins a World Title and is by the best rider all season is not the best rider , it is just an opinion??

Only from a Poole fan. :rofl:

• Like 1

You can say quite correctly that it is a fact that Tai is World Champion. You can't say as a fact he is a better rider than Ward. That would be an Opinion

stop talking out your backside. Tai is better right now and facts back that up. Ward may turn out to be better but he isn't yet and you are making yourself like like an idiot as you always do. Now go put them blue tints back on

Actually, just to muddy the waters a little - Holder's EL average was/is 9.25, which is higher than any other EL rider, so that makes him the best rider in the UK in 2013, especially as at the time of his injury he was the reigning World Champion!!? :approve:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Er... but you said... then you said... Oh it doesn't matter. Carry on.

• Like 1

Careful now, if those shades get any deeper a shade of blue, you'll start walking into lampposts & getting concussion as you can't see where you are walking. Or perhaps that has already happened & that's why we get so much drivel from you. :party::party::party::party:

• Like 3

So it's a fact that Holder is the best rider in the world using Brum and gavans twisted logic. Like it!

No idea where the Holder logic comes in.

But then this is Blue Poole World so anything can be twisted to suit. Like MF`s use of the rule book. :rofl:

Anyway think we have already established that it is only contained in Poole that it appears Ward is deemed a better rider than a World Champion.

Blue (deep Blue) logic is thankfully a contained thing.