British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

You can look at any way you want but the rules are there and yes Doyle was the best rider overall and Holder had to rely on the system to win it. Holder in my opinion is a class act but has a long way to go to be world champ in my eyes. Scrapped the win against premier league riders different kettle of fish in the gp's but will get better as he gets fitter no doubt

You can look at any way you want but the rules are there and yes Doyle was the best rider overall and Holder had to rely on the system to win it. Holder in my opinion is a class act but has a long way to go to be world champ in my eyes. Scrapped the win against premier league riders different kettle of fish in the gp's but will get better as he gets fitter no doubt

I think you mean AGAIN! He already is a world champion and no one can take that away from him.

• Like 2

The man has just come back from horrific injuries, he was still in a wheelchair 3 months ago. Incredible performance considering.

• Like 6

The man has just come back from horrific injuries, he was still in a wheelchair 3 months ago. Incredible performance considering.

Just imagine if he had won the World Championship with a twice broken shoulder, still unhealed and held together with screws and steel plates. We would never have heard the last of it from Dorset.

• Like 6

Didn't say he didn't do well but I would have expected him to win easier than he did. His injuries were horrific but he hasn't forgot how to ride its about fitness more than anything and he won an individual not long ago so he wasn't totally raw going into it. Did anyone expect him not to win it then? Bit like Tai in a Brutish final with no Harris or Cook in there to beat. But I'm not trying to take anything away from Holder just that it proved he still has a way to go to trouble the Woffindens and Iversens

Just imagine if he had won the World Championship with a twice broken shoulder, still unhealed and held together with screws and steel plates. We would never have heard the last of it from Dorset.

I`m sure some of still believe that Ward is better than our World Champion as well!!

I`m sure some of still believe that Ward is better than our World Champion as well!!

He is, and I was cheering on Tai last season, being a Brit.

It will be proved, too in 2014, which should be a cracking GP series. Last year Darcy didn't have a chance after his injury so was only chasing a top 8 finish in his first ever year at this level. He achieved it with relative ease.

Tai is a better gater but Darcy is a better racer overall and that will win through.

But being British I wish Woffinden every success.

• Like 2

He is, and I was cheering on Tai last season, being a Brit.

The expected response.

But wrong of course.

IF Darcy proves you right this year you might just have a point. Otherwise Darcy remains a rider with huge potential and a little below the likes of Woffinden and Iversen on the World stage right now.

(Cue Pooleite responses still claiming Darcy is better). :rofl:

Holders injuries were far worse they were career threatening and at the time I thought life threatening, I am amazed he is riding at all. Tai did fantastically well to ride as well as he did with his injuries.

Why the need to compare. They are both amazing acts of recovery and courage, leave it at that.

• Like 1

Id say Holder showed his class in that he pulled out his best when it mattered - in the finals.

His form since his return has been remarkable given the extent of his injuries.

Hats off and respect to him for it.

• Like 2

Didn't say he didn't do well but I would have expected him to win easier than he did. His injuries were horrific but he hasn't forgot how to ride its about fitness more than anything and he won an individual not long ago so he wasn't totally raw going into it. Did anyone expect him not to win it then? Bit like Tai in a Brutish final with no Harris or Cook in there to beat. But I'm not trying to take anything away from Holder just that it proved he still has a way to go to trouble the Woffindens and Iversens

New season last year has gone, Holder will be a force for a number of years for me Woffinden has it to prove again can he keep the same level of performances.If he can't they're are a few who will overtake him, i know he is world champion and he deserved it but i don't think he is the best rider in the world i would put Emil, Ward,Holder,(fit) NKI at least on par.The difference is that Tai has done it, they can never take it away from him but retaining it the pressure is immense will be interesting to see how he handles it. Edited by sidney

New season last year has gone, Holder will be a force for a number of years for me Woffinden has it to prove again can he keep the same level of performances.If he can't they're are a few who will overtake him, i know he is world champion and he deserved it but i don't think he is the best rider in the world i would put Emil, Ward,Holder,(fit) NKI at least on par.The difference is that Tai has done it, they can never take it away from him but retaining it the pressure is immense will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Correct not easy to defend the title but Tai was the best rider in the world last year that is fact. He was better than all the riders you mention. Why do people say he isn't the best? Think he proved he was and he did it injured as well.

Ward could well be world champion but he isn't a better rider than Tai at the moment the facts speak for themselves so stop bleating about it!!

Just because Ward cant gate and is more exciting to watch doesn't make him the better rider does it! Blue tints ahoy!

• Like 3

Correct not easy to defend the title but Tai was the best rider in the world last year that is fact. He was better than all the riders you mention. Why do people say he isn't the best? Think he proved he was and he did it injured as well.

Ward could well be world champion but he isn't a better rider than Tai at the moment the facts speak for themselves so stop bleating about it!!

Just because Ward cant gate and is more exciting to watch doesn't make him the better rider does it! Blue tints ahoy!

Except Sidney supports Swindon :wink: