British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

make up your mind....best rider never to win it? or best rider in gp history?.....

I don't care what your opinion is, the word "rubbish" on an opinion is YOUR OPINION not mine.

theres no fact about it what so ever..i was talking pre gp, but whilst you are entitled your opinion, I am quite rightly entitled mine..

Never said best rider in GP history at all so don't know where you got that bit from.

It has gone bit off topic but it started from Poole fans claiming Darcy is the best rider in the world and it snowballed from there. As I say he may be at the end if the year but he is behind a few right now

But going back to the best rider not to win it isn't that Jareks second podium finish as well? Admittedly field is poor compared to 5 or 6 years ago

the leigh adams "best rider to never win title" was quoted on sky and appears to be taken by many people, but I think many many riders coud argue that point.....leigh was a dominant lge rider, but on the gp stage, im not that sure really

Second once and also third in the GP,not to bad a great rider i was lucky to see him everyweek.For me Leigh and Sigalos were the two that i believed could of won it were well capable but as you say Colin endless others would say the same.It might sound insane but i believe Adams was a better rider than Nicki Pedersen maybe it is that killer instinct i don't know but Adams is in the top 20 odd riders that i have ever seen.

Tommy Knudsen

He was robbed when NIelsen got away with murder.!
  • Like 1

Don't agree Phil. Tommy was a very good rider, but sadly, his career got cut short pertty much by injury, which is very sad, because he and nobody knows how good he could have been. If we are talking about a rider who saw out his complete career, you would have to call Leigh Adams.

TOMMY was a bit unlucky to be around when Erik Gundersen and Hans Nielsen were at their peak but he won Pairs and Team gold medals and a number of GPs as well. I wouldn't vote against Leigh Adams but it's not an open and shut case in my view.

• Like 2

I have a video of Barry Briggs talking about world Champions, He says: there are many riders in the world who can perform on the World Stage, all capable of winning races. But the difference with world champions is , when it come to count, when the pressure is on, when you are in that position to win that championship. you will make that start and win. That's the difference of being World Champion or not.

Like has been said, there have been many who have gone close, but only a few of those have achieved that mantel. Sure luck sometimes plays it's part, but you need more than that, when it is contested over 12 SGP rounds.

thank you last posts share my view..its NOT clear cut, and shows my opinion wasn't "rubbish" as stated earlier, the arrogant

statement couldn't be backed up, as a whole host of riders through the yrs could be plucked out

As wrong as I was to say your opinion was "rubbish" it's a bit harsh to say that post was "arrogant" surely as yes rubbish was a word I shouldn't have used.

As Josh Grajczonek is now in the GP qualifiers his average must be put up to 5......surely that's only fair!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

No, don't be silly, all the poole riders averages should start at, at least 8 come on, surely... :icon_smile_clown: s :rofl::D

We'll done to Chris Holder on a superb Aussie title. To come back from such an horrific injury and win his national title shows pure class.

And a big we'll don to Josh in winning third place. He could well be Pirates third heat leader in 2014.

We'll done to Chris Holder on a superb Aussie title. To come back from such an horrific injury and win his national title shows pure class.

And a big we'll don to Josh in winning third place. He could well be Pirates third heat leader in 2014.

congrats to Holder a true champion. Josh only finished where he should have done in that field. Holder Doyle and Batchelor class apart. Josh is a better rider than all the others quite easily and as was proved same ability as Tungate though Rohan won a round. Josh and Rohan are top premiet league riders and middle order elite league riders and if he steps up to heat leader i would be shocked