British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I was talking about Miskoviak AT THE START OF THE SEASON, who didn't ride any EiL meetings for Poole, until he tried to come back from his injury. The other Pole Stachyra (wasn't including Magic!) actually scored in both the early KL meetings, home and away!! BTW, isn't it about time you changed your signature!!

Nice backtracking :D:wink: The bottom line is that Poole fans were moaning about both Poles when they rode but are happy with JG & THJ who are both performing well.

I know which two I'd rather have in my team.

credit where credit is due and Poole made good changes due to the injuries. That is not my point.

My point is the people like skidder and shovlar who say injuries weakened the team when quite clearly they didnt!!

Matt Ford is a credit to his own team in getting the riders he did im not disputing that.

If Ward had not been injured the maybe Poole would have dumped the 2 poles but had less to work with average wise.

Riders like THJ and Josh probably could not have been fitted in the team, but the fact Ward was out enabled them to get those 2 plus a good rider in Pawlicki.

As soon as Ward was fit he was back in and to fit him in Poole had to get a weaker reserve in Dyer.

Ward and Dyer will probably score more than Pawlicki and Howarth i think thats been proven.

My point will remain the same.

Without Darcy being injured Poole could not have changed their side as much as they did and may not have been anywhere near the play offs.

Lets not forget Poole went on their winning run when Darcy was out.

credit where credit is due and Poole made good changes due to the injuries. That is not my point.

My point is the people like skidder and shovlar who say injuries weakened the team when quite clearly they didnt!!

Matt Ford is a credit to his own team in getting the riders he did im not disputing that.

If Ward had not been injured the maybe Poole would have dumped the 2 poles but had less to work with average wise.

Riders like THJ and Josh probably could not have been fitted in the team, but the fact Ward was out enabled them to get those 2 plus a good rider in Pawlicki.

As soon as Ward was fit he was back in and to fit him in Poole had to get a weaker reserve in Dyer.

Ward and Dyer will probably score more than Pawlicki and Howarth i think thats been proven.

My point will remain the same.

Without Darcy being injured Poole could not have changed their side as much as they did and may not have been anywhere near the play offs.

Lets not forget Poole went on their winning run when Darcy was out.

It has to be said though that If Holder had not been injured we would not have struggled to make the play offs and i also believe that keeping Janowski when some thought he shouldn't be kept was also a good move. The key riders who have come in to the team are THJ and Josh, their form has been fantastic, injuries follow THJ around but when he is fit he can beat anyone.

Yes i got that feeling when he said after his first Elite League meeting he wasn't good enough, he is good enough but he needs people to tell him that and when Greg has a word you listen! you won't be able to stop Greg grinning if he wins the title with poole.

IF, we win the title, you won't stop Greggy Grinning from then untill next season.. On the subject of Micky, his rise in the PL has been swift, but although im quite sure he doesn't get on with Swindon he is more than capable of attaining his average, and Greggy was right to have a word with him.

It has to be said though that If Holder had not been injured we would not have struggled to make the play offs and i also believe that keeping Janowski when some thought he shouldn't be kept was also a good move. The key riders who have come in to the team are THJ and Josh, their form has been fantastic, injuries follow THJ around but when he is fit he can beat anyone.

Not sure how you can be certain of that, as you had already lost 4 meetings by the end of April & the side was clearly unbalanced. However, the injuries that you had enabled you to make changes that strengthened the side overall. Furthermore, the very way that you were allowed to cancel a meeting to suit your own ends still sticks in the throat!

Not sure how you can be certain of that, as you had already lost 4 meetings by the end of April & the side was clearly unbalanced. However, the injuries that you had enabled you to make changes that strengthened the side overall. Furthermore, the very way that you were allowed to cancel a meeting to suit your own ends still sticks in the throat!

Remind us, which meeting was that?

there are ifs and buts but i dont think Hancock has cost you any points.

i keep reading about his team riding skills. would Holder have team rode or cleared off and cost you points?

Greg was superb on the Belle Vue mudbath and got you into the play offs. Holder may have struggled.

We will never know but i think more damaging was the morale after Holders injury and Hancock has been a part in picking the team up

The fact we dropped points by missing out on bonus points away and dropped points at home which i don't think would have happened with Chris in the team.

I was talking about Miskoviak AT THE START OF THE SEASON, who didn't ride any EL meetings for Poole, until he tried to come back from his injury. The other Pole Stachyra (wasn't including Magic!) actually scored in both the early KL meetings, home and away!! BTW, isn't it about time you changed your signature!!

You actually said, and I quote your exact post......... "one of the poles didn't even start a single league meeting!!"........Nowhere in that post does it say at the start of the season or untill he came back from injury, therefore your post wasn't correct as Miskoviak did start 2 league meetings home and away against Kings Lynn as I said in my reply to you. I wasn't talking about Stachyra or Janowski as both have rode lots of league matches for Poole........Don't see how I have offended you as I was just pointing out the fact Miskoviak had started a league match for Poole :t:

Are you thick, ignorant or both?

2 riders do not make a team. Whats the point of having Ward and Holder and no back up??

Look at this and see what i mean.

TEAM 1:

HOLDER, WARD, MAGIC, STACHYRA, MISKOWIAK, TUNGATE, HOWARTH

Ward gets injured so the team becomes:

TEAM 2:

HOLDER, PAWLICKI, MAGIC,THJ, TUNGATE, JOSH G, HOWARTH.

still agree team 1 is better??? so the loss of Ward helped other areas become stronger.

Ward returns.

TEAM 3:

HOLDER, WARD, MAGIC, THJ, TUNGATE,JOSH G, DYER.

stronger again????

the loss of Holder has been adequetely covered by Hancock and in fact Hancock got you into the top 4 on the mudbath at Belle Vue so you cant say he has weakened you that much.

Yes Holder and Ward are 2 of the best 4 riders in the world there is no doubt about that

the fact is that you were LOSING matches with these 2 at the start.

it was only when Ward got injured and you could strengthen the rest of the side that you started winning or is that to difficult to understand

so before you start having a pop at me get your facts in order and look at the bigger picture

Team 2 is incorrect as when Pawlicki and THJ came into the team it was still Stachyra and Miskoviak in the team not Josh and Kyle Howarth!! Josh and Mickey Dyer came into the team when Darcy came back from injury and Pawlicki,Miskoviak and Stachyra were the riders replaced :t:

Edited by scottyfan

You actually said, and I quote your exact post......... "one of the poles didn't even start a single league meeting!!"........Nowhere in that post does it say at the start of the season or untill he came back from injury, therefore your post wasn't correct as Miskoviak did start 2 league meetings home and away against Kings Lynn as I said in my reply to you. I wasn't talking about Stachyra or Janowski as both have rode lots of league matches for Poole........Don't see how I have offended you as I was just pointing out the fact Miskoviak had started a league match for Poole :t:

You haven't offended me in any way! My exact post was in reply to Bagpuss' #111 which was comparing the Poole team at the start of the season to later on after (many) changes had been made, so in that context I believe I was correct, as indeed you were with Miskoviak's later meetings v Kings Lynn, but that wasn't what was being discussed at the time! Edited by Skidder1

You haven't offended me in any way! My exact post was in reply to Bagpuss' #111 which was comparing the Poole team at the start of the season to later on after (many) changes had been made, so in that context I believe I was correct, as indeed you were with Miskoviak's later meetings v Kings Lynn, but that wasn't what was being discussed at the time!

Ah...ok, seems as though I jumped into the middle of a conversation....not the first time :lol: Thought I had inadvertently offend you, so I'm just glad that I haven't.

As for changing my signature....not going to happen just yet.....it might be bad luck :t:

you won't be able to stop Greg grinning if he wins the title with poole.

IF, we win the title, you won't stop Greggy Grinning from then untill next season..

And wont stop him from quickly turning his back on the EL again tho.

At least he has given some a chance to catch him in the EL this season.

You haven't offended me in any way! My exact post was in reply to Bagpuss' #111 which was comparing the Poole team at the start of the season to later on after (many) changes had been made, so in that context I believe I was correct, as indeed you were with Miskoviak's later meetings v Kings Lynn, but that wasn't what was being discussed at the time!

Just admit you were wrong skiddy :wink: I'll think much more of you if you do :D

On a different note its a shame that gavan's ranting means no one takes him seriously as many of his points are good ones.

• Like 3

Never read a sensible Gavan post ever. Hilarious ranting which has many of us Poole fans doubled up with laughter. I can picture him now hammering away on his laptop, which he has to change every 6 months as he hammers away and breaks the keys. :lol:

SuperStock_4107-80094.jpg

• Like 1

And wont stop him from quickly turning his back on the EL again tho.

At least he has given some a chance to catch him in the EL this season.

We all knew that when he signed but we are just happy he agreed to it and as he is one of my favourite riders i am very happy. If we win the title we will have alot to thank Greg for and he will always be welcome at Poole.

• Like 1