British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

As I see it Poole are going to be at the top with this lineup going into the playoffs, baring any injury problems.

Yet another great lineup for us in 2014. Certainly Kings Lynn could be a threat but too many question marks over their bottom end to look favourites for the title. Expecting a lot of a kid to ride in the top five with zero experience at this level.

Can we win the league again in 2014? If we did we would no doubt go down in the history books as the biggest club of all time eclipsing clubs from decades ago.

Roll on 2014 and let's keep hold of our title!

Explain it to us Gavan, if Michelsen is a 5 then why should Milick be a 5?

On the criteria Milik should be a 4.00 rider. However these averages have been changed in the past and with

Michelsen averaging over six in the Swedish Elite League he should be reassessed really

Michelsen Porsing Levbedev Milik all about the same ability all should be a 5

They are not the same ability and far from it.

Pawlicki is about the same level as someone like Rory Schlein

Michelsen is about the same as Richie Worrall

Andreji Lebedev is roughly about the same as Simon Gustafsson

Niklas Porsing is around the standard of Adam Roynon

As I see it Poole are going to be at the top with this lineup going into the playoffs, baring any injury problems.

Yet another great lineup for us in 2014. Certainly Kings Lynn could be a threat but too many question marks over their bottom end to look favourites for the title. Expecting a lot of a kid to ride in the top five with zero experience at this level.

Can we win the league again in 2014? If we did we would no doubt go down in the history books as the biggest club of all time eclipsing clubs from decades ago.

Roll on 2014 and let's keep hold of our title!

You sad man. What a pathetic statement. How you can ever compare yourself with some of the great clubs of the past is beyond me. You don't become a great club by just winning, it is the mantel given for many reasons. Size, is one criteria , the competition is another, integrity comes into it as does respect from competitors. Just because you have a manager who is prepared to break every rule to buy success doesn't make your club great or ever will.

The great clubs of the past, earned that title with the respect from fellows supporters and all the other competing clubs, That's something, Poole has yet to do.

• Like 3

Interesting to read the Oracle on the young Czech about to debut with Poole.......would have far more credence if he could spell his name though ;)

Harry Redknapp can't write Texts on a phone, does that make him a bad manager??

Edited by Starman2006

You sad man. What a pathetic statement. How you can ever compare yourself with some of the great clubs of the past is beyond me. You don't become a great club by just winning, it is the mantel given for many reasons. Size, is one criteria , the competition is another, integrity comes into it as does respect from competitors. Just because you have a manager who is prepared to break every rule to buy success doesn't make your club great or ever will.

The great clubs of the past, earned that title with the respect from fellows supporters and all the other competing clubs, That's something, Poole has yet to do.

Unlike Kings Lynn who have currently named an illegal 1-7!!

....that has yet to be approved!! ;)

Edited by Skidder1

I think we've earn't it, since 1948, thank you...

:o:nono:

I have never stated Lynn were the greatest or biggest club. I was merely replying to a statement from SS implying you have to win to be the biggest club.

As for the list of riders for 2014, Buster has not broken any rules and no doubt everything will be put right before the season starts.

Is the word 'Illegal' a the right one to use before the team has been approved. ??

certainly knows how to use a brown envelope tho' ;)

Yep, you put a stamp on the front, and write the Address... Or if you want it weighed, you take it to the Post Office.. :D

Edited by Starman2006

So theres your answer...

Yep, you said it yourself. At least we do have things to brag about... :rofl:

So do Wolves, next.

Maybe, so baby Pawlicki is definately a 7 ???. He'l find it hard to attain that, at Wolves.. You see, you don't see many Wolves fans moaning about that, because that is harsh..

Wolves fans don't moan about the rules if it affects our club, we just accept them.

Piotr showed his ability when riding for Poole so thems the rules. He is a talent and time will tell if he matches his assessed average.

I just wish the rules reflecting all newcomers where changed to a minimum 5 for all newcomers.

I think its fair to ALL teams!

Oops sorry somehow I've posted in your quote apologies

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.

This ignore facility is wonderful!.....I can see the forum busybody has just posted - however, I am spared having to read the usual drivel which no doubt has yet again insulted me because my post was made viewable due to being quoted?

Many thanks again, to the posters who kindly advised and recommended me by PM to block him off :t:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

More guff from the shovlar can't believe he actually believes what he writes which means its blatant trolling as usual. Because you have won the league recently you are the biggest club! Nice criteria! Success doesn't make you the biggest club there is much more to it than that though wouldn't expect you to see that. Man Utd won nothing in the 80's yet were still accepted as the biggest club. Belle Vue is widely regarded as the biggest club. Ask a non speedway fan to name a team and I would very much doubt Poole would get a mention

• Like 4

Wolves fans don't moan about the rules if it affects our club, we just accept them.

Piotr showed his ability when riding for Poole so thems the rules. He is a talent and time will tell if he matches his assessed average.

I just wish the rules reflecting all newcomers where changed to a minimum 5 for all newcomers.

All Newcomers, so long as its only poole..

More guff from the shovlar can't believe he actually believes what he writes which means its blatant trolling as usual. Because you have won the league recently you are the biggest club! Nice criteria! Success doesn't make you the biggest club there is much more to it than that though wouldn't expect you to see that. Man Utd won nothing in the 80's yet were still accepted as the biggest club. Belle Vue is widely regarded as the biggest club. Ask a non speedway fan to name a team and I would very much doubt Poole would get a mention

Poole - The Man Utd of Speedway.

Ipswich - The err, well, The Ipswich of Speedway. ;)

• Like 1

Not still going on about Lambert's age are you.If the Bpsa don't approve it then as someone said we bring in Mallett and then re-declare a week or so later,by naming him now surely saves so much hassle.

So do Wolves, next.

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.[/quote

If all new riders had a minimum of 5 then pawlicki would have to a 8 wouldnt he?

Wish people would stop calling us the man utd of football just because our promoter likes them, he obviously doesnt know much about football!!

Think you mean the Man Utd of Speedway.... And i believe Matt knows his Football as well... :D

So do Wolves, next.

Shame you did. But the beauty for me at least is i hope i dont have read any further quotes from the forum`s worst poster. Delighted i am on ignore. Guess it was only a matter of time before it copied me.[/quote

If all new riders had a minimum of 5 then pawlicki would have to a 8 wouldnt he?

Think you mean the Man Utd of Speedway.... And i believe Matt knows his Football as well... :D

Yes I did mean the man utd of speedway and matt cant know his football they dont even play in the same colour!!