British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

god you spout some guff! Never said he shouldn't be a 4.

Really?

.................... but the bluest of blue tints must see that 4 is to low

And also.....

why do people think he will average lots more than 4 or 5? cant see it myself. better riders than him only averaging 6, but yes he should be in on a 5

Banged to rights as usual.

If Michelsen's on a 5 then Milk is rightly on a 4.00

Also Lebedev who's scores are much much better than Milk's came in on a 4.50 last season

Lebedev is riding at a higher level true, but in 2013 they clashed twice The first was in the U21 Qualifier in Ukraine which was won b Milik on 14 with Lebedev second on 13. (Porsing third on 12 and Michelsen joint fourth on 11). The other being in the U21 Final in Italy where Lebedev scored 10 while Milik scored 7 after a fall first time out. (meeting won by Piotr Pawlicki on 12 with Michelsen also on 10 and Porsing on just 4)

It's hard to compare them together when they hardly meet, but Milik is no mug and at Pardubice in the World U21 Team Final, Milik beat Mikkel Bech twice, Darcy Ward (tactical), Piotr Pawlicki, Patryk Dudek, Nick Morris (three times) and even your beloved MJJ.

If I had to rate Pawlicki, Michelsen, Lebedev, Milik and Porsing in order then I would put them in that order, but why Pawlicki is two points higher than Michelsen is a joke. Yes he isbetter and rides against better riders more often, but his assessed average was increased because of that ..... so why hasn't Michelsen's been increased to 6.00 as he has good scores in Sweden this season ........ or Pawlicki reduced to 6.00 if Michelsen stays on 5.00 ?

I dont blame any club for signing riders on what appears to be modest averages as they all had access to the same riders but simply feel these assessed averages need looking at more to make it a more level playing field. Personally I would have thought Pawlicki 6.00, Michelsen 5.50, Ledebev 5.00, Milik 4.50 and Porsing 4.00 were more fitting with the riders abilities but even then all of those could increase those figures in the 2014 EL now they have a few easier races.

Great to see Chris back on a speedway bike again and a return to winning ways...Article continues.... http://www.worldspeedway.com/artman/publish/article_26206.shtml

AUSTRALIAN SPEEDWAY Last Updated: Dec 28th, 2013 - 11:09:18
Australian Speedway: Chris Holder Back With A Bang.
By Admin
Dec 28, 2013, 11:04

Email this article
Printer friendly page
The comeback of former world speedway champion Chris Holder is well and truly on track after he won the inaugural Central Coast Harley Davidson Gold Bar Classic at the Gosford Showground last night.

The return of speedway to the Gosford Showground attracted a large and appreciative crowd who were entertained by a big program of exciting solo and sidecar action.

After winning the Jason Crump Invitational Cup at Kurri Kurri on Boxing Night, Holder made it back-to-back victories at Gosford despite being put under pressure by some of Australia’s best young talent.

Holder has only been able to get back on the bike earlier this month after having suffered severe injuries in a crash in England early in July.

Despite admitting he was underdone and far from race hardened Holder was well pleased with his performance where he was made to work hard in many of his races.

Holder’s starts were one aspect of his riding that were below his usual high standards, but several of his slower starts were followed by his best rides as he stormed through the field to win all but one of his races.

• Like 1

Great see Holder back on a bike and doing well. A shame he is not here next season.

Explain it to us Gavan, if Michelsen is a 5 then why should Milick be a 5?

There is no reason why they should be the same but one rides for Poole so should have a higher average in the trolls world.

Explain it to us Gavan, if Michelsen is a 5 then why should Milick be a 5?

There is no reason why they should be the same but one rides for Poole so should have a higher average in the trolls world.

Personally if Milik is good enough to make the gp challenge and as shown by TNT he beat Michelsen in an individual I would say there isn't much between the two if anything but the system is quite farcical. As I've said for the hundredth time Poole are not to blame they have abided by the rules and got a quality rider on a false average but you blue tints take this as a pop at Poole which it quite clearly isn't but don't let that get in the way of having a discussion. Michelsen Porsing Levbedev Milik all about the same ability all should be a 5

There you go Gavan, the Poole fans actually want you to engage in debate with them.....you must be warming to them! ;)

lol to be fair most of them on here are fine but one in particular hasn't got the ability to engage his brain. Loads of pages on here of people saying the system is wrong when sorting these averages out from lots of different fans yet the resident Poole troll decides to have a pop at me and Brum blatant trolling as usual.

Look everyone, be it Lakeside,Eastbourne,Wolves,Poole or anyonelse, they will sign who they can.

Some teams have more money to spend than others. That is a fact of life.

Rules are there for every team and each team can sign any rider at those figures.

You may agree or disagree with the individual averages but they are the same for every team, believe it or not.

Teams will change during the year by injuries or riders form.

The rules are the same for everyone believe it or not.

Happy New Year all.

• Like 2

If I had to rate Pawlicki, Michelsen, Lebedev, Milik and Porsing in order then I would put them in that order, but why Pawlicki is two points higher than Michelsen is a joke. Yes he isbetter and rides against better riders more often,

So theres your answer...

How is saying that ALL new foreigners should have a minimum 5 assessed average sour grapes??

Just how you can turn that into sour grapes i will never know!

Maybe its a Poole thing. :rofl:

Yep, you said it yourself. At least we do have things to brag about... :rofl:

Has that then been ratified by the BSPA Starman ?

BTW... I don't have a problem with Milik's average - looking forward to seeing him..

Im sure it has, otherwise he wouldn't have been signed. Milicks a good rider with a nice style, he should improve a lot over the course of the season. Better equipment wouldn't go amiss either...

I don't have a problem with Poole signing Milik on a 4 as the current criteria states that 4 is correct so no rules have been broken and Matt Ford has done well to get him. All I'm saying is the way these averages are determined is wrong. If you can get what I'm saying without twisting it into an anti Poole rant shovlar I will be stunned

You may agree or disagree with the individual averages but they are the same for every team, believe it or not.

But they're not, this is the issue. Coventry tried to sign Denis Andersson and he was a 5. Months later he was at Poole on a 4.

With his rule of all riders being "independently" assessed all anyone is saying as that some favouritism seems to exist. Pawlicki is about right, Mikkelsen is generous - the fact he got 5.5 last years says he should be 5.5 at least. Milik should be 4.5 as a minimum IMO. He left Bjerre and Howarth for dust in the World under 21s and they're both 4+

But they're not, this is the issue. Coventry tried to sign Denis Andersson and he was a 5. Months later he was at Poole on a 4.

With his rule of all riders being "independently" assessed all anyone is saying as that some favouritism seems to exist. Pawlicki is about right, Mikkelsen is generous - the fact he got 5.5 last years says he should be 5.5 at least. Milik should be 4.5 as a minimum IMO. He left Bjerre and Howarth for dust in the World under 21s and they're both 4+

And when did Coventry try to sign Dennis??? Any anti poole fan will say Milick should be anything other than what he's coming in on... So long as its higher than a 4.... :rofl: