British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

If as we are led to believe by the Poole blue tints that Milik isn't as good as Porsing then he will struggle to get his average any higher than four anyway. What is it then? On one hand you are telling us he is a great signing and applauding Ford them on the other hand defending his average because he isn't as good as Porsing which means that by that record he will struggle so stop contradicting yourselves

• Like 3

If as we are led to believe by the Poole blue tints that Milik isn't as good as Porsing then he will struggle to get his average any higher than four anyway. What is it then? On one hand you are telling us he is a great signing and applauding Ford them on the other hand defending his average because he isn't as good as Porsing which means that by that record he will struggle so stop contradicting yourselves

He potentially, could be a lot better..

Not saying he isnt better than porsing as I think he is but that doesnt mean he is on the wrong average. He isnt guarranteed to improve on his average, its a calculated risk but it wouldnt be worth the risk on a 5 point average. He will struggle at away tracks and do well to better his assessed average

He potentially, could be a lot better..

He potentially should be an assessed 5 then.

Wasn't Pawlicki average raised to a 7 a couple of years ago when Poole were looking to use him on a low assessed average?

Pooleites will see it that way, however thankfully the rules were looked at to stop clubs using riders on ridiculously false averages.

Not before time IMHO. If it affected Poole then so be it.

He potentially should be an assessed 5 then.

Pooleites will see it that way, however thankfully the rules were looked at to stop clubs using riders on ridiculously false averages.

Not before time IMHO. If it affected Poole then so be it.

Rules are rules Stevie boy... Jeez, i can smell those sour grapes from here in deepest Darset... :rofl:

• Like 1

Millik fits the criteria of being a 4 point rider
Perhaps the argument should be in the Eastbourne section re Mickelsson. But then again the argument would fall on deaf ears as no one gives a damn about the budgies.

Happy new year!

Mod Note:Trolling and personal abuse guff removed yet again

• Like 1

I really don't think the starting poole line up will look like this come october

Change October for April and you could be right :wink:

With regards to assessed averages - the league has just been severely watered down but no changes to how assessed averages are worked out! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0

Wasn't Pawlicki average raised to a 7 a couple of years ago when Poole were looking to use him on a low assessed average?

No

Poole used him as a 4.00 rider but when they questioned about him coming back the following season it was declared he would be reassessed at 7.00

Have no problem in Poole getting Milik on a 4.00 as that was the figure available to all clubs but in Pawlicki, Michelsen and Milik we have three raw talents about to start their first full season in England and the variation from 4.00 up to 7.00 is too wide and all three should really be around the same figure. (Maybe Milik slightly less)

I no poole fan, but love fords winning mentality, sour grapes from elsewhere, if you risk your finances, change when team goin nowhere, be part of the community, attract good crowds, then good luck to them, ford has put poole speedway in the history books, who will recall most other clubs mediocracy

• Like 1

Even allowing for the fact that you're master of the wind-up - Seriously Steve, why have a go at Eastie & Michelsen?....

Wasn't actually meant as a dig at Eastbourne but because Poole have signed a rider the mob are not interested in Eastbourne regardless of the fact they have Michelsson on last years average when he didn't attain an official one.

• Like 2

Rules are rules Stevie boy... Jeez, i can smell those sour grapes from here in deepest Darset... :rofl:

How is saying that ALL new foreigners should have a minimum 5 assessed average sour grapes??

Just how you can turn that into sour grapes i will never know!

Maybe its a Poole thing. :rofl:

Wasn't actually meant as a dig at Eastbourne but because Poole have signed a rider the mob are not interested in Eastbourne regardless of the fact they have Michelsson on last years average when he didn't attain an official one.

I have mentioned before that Michelsen (terrible spelling Steve)needs to be assessed fairly and 6 should be the minimum.

The whole point that you and your Pooleite cohorts always ignore is that some of us want fair and TRUE assessments for ALL new foreigners, irregardless of who signs them.

Perhaps the reason you don't complain about Eagles using Michelsen on his assessed average is that you find it perfectly fair to have riders on false averages.

I was really hoping this seasons changes had ensured we saw the last of wonder kids being given ridiculously low averages.

But of course i would only complain just to have a go at Poole wouldn't i. NOT.

If you and you fellow tints fail to see the bigger picture then i must stop trying to educate you of my reasons why foreigners need a FAIR assessed average and 5 should be the minimum we should expect.

ALL teams are a threat Steve, it isn't just all about Poole - no matter how much you try to make it so.

• Like 1