British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I take your point but if Porsing or Milik is a 5 point average then Michelsen should be a 6 based on the fact that he rode in the extraleague in poland whereas Porsing and Milik rode in the lower divisions.

I don't disagree with that at all. Certainly seems fair.

No persecution complex just facts and the fact is Porsing who rode in the polish div 1 gets a 4 point average, all accepted nobody questioned it yet Milik who rode in div 2 gets a 4 point average but its poole so it gets questioned,we must have fiddled it he should be. a 5 etc

strange analogy this. Many div 2 riders over here are better than div 1 riders. Stoney was in the gp's as a lower league rider so that doesn't stack up

Depends doesn't it? You telling me that at the time Stoney wasn't better then riders in the top division? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Milik is better than Porsing. How did Porsing do in the gp qualifiers? Surely in some cases riders in the lower leagues are better than those in the league above?

Depends doesn't it? You telling me that at the time Stoney wasn't better then riders in the top division? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Milik is better than Porsing. How did Porsing do in the gp qualifiers? Surely in some cases riders in the lower leagues are better than those in the league above?

You can't pick out a rare example like Stoney and put it forward like it isn't unusual. We all knew Stoney was top division material but racing in a lower league, there are always these examples in sport and some EL riders ride in the lower leagues in Poland but Miskowiak was top or near the the top of Div 1 and we all know about his limited ability!!

I know what you are saying but I don't think averages should be based on what league you are in. Simon Stead is as good if not better than a lot of riders in the elite league for example. I don't think you can say Milik should be a 4 because he rides division 2 in Poland.

To be fair Milik has done a lot more on the World stage compared to Porsing. It shouldn't just be based on what divisions they have rode in but also what they have done on the world stage ie under 21s, world cups and gp qualifiers. The way it is though 4 seems fair as they are using other leagues only.

I know what you are saying but I don't think averages should be based on what league you are in. Simon Stead is as good if not better than a lot of riders in the elite league for example. I don't think you can say Milik should be a 4 because he rides division 2 in Poland.

i can't see how you can base a riders ability on the odd individual meeting it has to be on league racing over the course of a season. Stead has ridden alot of his career in the top league.

It is difficult to assess riders who have never ridden in the uk, riders who seem good in Poland do not always ride well here, so bringing a rider over with limited experience is a big risk.

I think Milik will do well to maintain his average and i suspect the original plan was to have Howarth. If Milik wasn't available on a 4 point average i doubt he would have been risked, Porsing was brought in on a 4 point average and hasn't maintained it and i don't see why some think Milik is so much better than Porsing, they seem to be basing it on a couple of individual u21 meetings which is not a fair reflection of their respective ability.

Porsing only rode in a handful of matches last year, he was never going to maintain his average going to tracks for the first time and it took him half a dozen home matches to look comfortable. I expect last year's experience to stand him in good stead for 2014 and for him to put a couple of points on his average. Milik is likely to struggle initially on the little tracks but he'll be very decent around Poole so should average 4-5 this year if he isn't discarded.

I think the point being made is that assessed averages should be based on all of the previous season's results, ie league meetings and individual scores, all available evidence in other words. And the minimum should be 5.

• Like 2

Porsing only rode in a handful of matches last year, he was never going to maintain his average going to tracks for the first time and it took him half a dozen home matches to look comfortable. I expect last year's experience to stand him in good stead for 2014 and for him to put a couple of points on his average. Milik is likely to struggle initially on the little tracks but he'll be very decent around Poole so should average 4-5 this year if he isn't discarded.

I think the point being made is that assessed averages should be based on all of the previous season's results, ie league meetings and individual scores, all available evidence in other words. And the minimum should be 5.[/quote

When you have very limited results to go on it becomes very difficult to assess, cant see porsing putting a couple of points on his average one at most, if 5 was the minimum porsing or milik wouldnt be here next season

Vaclav Milik is much better than a 4.00 rider and I would say he is about the same ability as someone like Ryan Fisher or Ty Proctor and should easily improve on his starting average but rules are rules and because he hasn't raced in the top leagues in Poland or Sweden, then he can't be rated anymore than 4.00.

Had he have made it through the GP Challenge however, he would automatically become an 8.00 rider so assessed averages can be set by the odd individual meeting. The is however more query on why Mikkel Michelsen is still a 5.00 when Piotr Pawlicki hs been raised from 4.00 to 7.00 without ever reaching the GP Challenge.

If Pawlicki started on a 4.00 but his scores in Poland and Sweden have made his assessed average move up to 7.00 ..... So why hasn't Michelsen's scores in Sweden been taken into account also ? He scored 77+16 points from 56 rides in Sweden, averaging 5.50 (6.64) which should warrant a 6.00 assessed average now over here.

Both Pawlicki and Michelsen have not done enough meetings to get an official average ..... both have not reached the GP's ....... so why has one increased to 7.00 and one stayed at 5.00 ?

Vaclav Milik is much better than a 4.00 rider and I would say he is about the same ability as someone like Ryan Fisher or Ty Proctor and should easily improve on his starting average but rules are rules and because he hasn't raced in the top leagues in Poland or Sweden, then he can't be rated anymore than 4.00.

Had he have made it through the GP Challenge however, he would automatically become an 8.00 rider so assessed averages can be set by the odd individual meeting. The is however more query on why Mikkel Michelsen is still a 5.00 when Piotr Pawlicki hs been raised from 4.00 to 7.00 without ever reaching the GP Challenge.

If Pawlicki started on a 4.00 but his scores in Poland and Sweden have made his assessed average move up to 7.00 ..... So why hasn't Michelsen's scores in Sweden been taken into account also ? He scored 77+16 points from 56 rides in Sweden, averaging 5.50 (6.64) which should warrant a 6.00 assessed average now over here.

Both Pawlicki and Michelsen have not done enough meetings to get an official average ..... both have not reached the GP's ....... so why has one increased to 7.00 and one stayed at 5.00 ?

That's just a typical scenario of the Elite league and BSPA. We have never had clarity of the assessed rules, thus leaving loopholes that will always be exploited

• Like 1

Mikkel Michelsen is not as good as Piotr Pawlicki and possibly a bit ahead of Vaclav Milik which looks right when they have different assessed averages. However Milik in my opinion should be 5.00 as he has done well in FIM meetings while Pawlicki and Michelsen should be 6.00 and 5.50 due to their averages in Sweden.

Wolverhampton may have the best of the three riders but Eastbourne and Poole have the bargains.

Wasn't Pawlicki average raised to a 7 a couple of years ago when Poole were looking to use him on a low assessed average?

It was indeed!!! After Poole used Pawlicki the previous season, but he didn't complete sufficient meetings to get a 'real average'!

As soon as Poole indicated they wanted him again, the 'powers that be' brought in the so-called independent 're-assessments'.

There were rumours of a successful appeal, which supposedly reduced the assessed 7 down to 6.5 - but that appears not to be true!!?

For the time being Milik has been 'announced' on a 4 point figure - but as we all know from previous experience the BSPA have still to 'approve' all team line-ups in one of their early 2014 get-togethers!!

Typical biased comment without foundation, which was one of my points that nobody complained when Kings Lynn signed Porsing but up in arms when anyone who may be seen as any good signs for Poole.

Yes I did , just want clarity & fairness for ALL , don't be paranoid , why would I be anti Pirates ??? The subject just happened to be on the Poole thread . Some clubs just seem to get the run of the green more than others . Back scratching , old boy network , call it what you want ..It can not be denied that it happens ....

• Like 1