British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Pawlicki would be a decent signing but Jepsen Jensen would be the man that would make the Pirates title favorites.

Jepsen Jensen's ability to adapt to smaller tracks (Paid 18 on Eastbourne debut an 14 on Wolves debut) would make him the best signing out of the potential riders.

Not sure it will be Jepsen Jensen, But, watching him in the GP Challenge, he's not really suited to the poole track, but i reckon he would get the hang of it, eventually..

Edited by Starman2006

Pawlicki would be a decent signing but Jepsen Jensen would be the man that would make the Pirates title favorites.

Jepsen Jensen's ability to adapt to smaller tracks (Paid 18 on Eastbourne debut an 14 on Wolves debut) would make him the best signing out of the potential riders.

I would say that i believe both Pawlcki brothers are and i rate as high as Jensen now.Jensen,s record in Britain was no great shakes either has he progressed that much in the last year?Both Pawlicki brothers are real quality Shamek oozes class.

Yes but isn't Neil Middleditch the master team manager who gets the best out of his riders :wink:

Yeh, there's no doubt he would get the best out of him. As i said, he's not entirely suited to poole, but he showed enough in the GP Challenge to suggest he would get the hang of the poole track, eventually!!

I would say that i believe both Pawlcki brothers are and i rate as high as Jensen now.Jensen,s record in Britain was no great shakes either has he progressed that much in the last year?Both Pawlicki brothers are real quality Shamek oozes class.

Your quite right Sidney, Shamek is a very good rider, but does also seem to be injury prone. If, he stays sound though, he would be a class edition to any team..

is he proven over here??

No, but at least he's ridden over here...

Edited by Starman2006

Thank you PTW. That looks a decent side. Przemyslaw Pawlicki will be a terrific signing. Mind you Shamek, Ward and Janowski along with Milik won't come cheap. Ford will want his ' pound of flesh' for sure.

no worries looking a very good top 5 with only 32pts to play with Improvement to come from shamek milik josh and darcy think Janowski will stay around the same tbh.

No persecution complex just facts and the fact is Porsing who rode in the polish div 1 gets a 4 point average, all accepted nobody questioned it yet Milik who rode in div 2 gets a 4 point average but its poole so it gets questioned,we must have fiddled it he should be. a 5 etc

And the facts are he has done well in the U21`s and ANY new foreigners should have a minimum 5 point assessment. That is nowt to do with Poole.

If he isnt good enough to achieve a 4 then what on earth is he doing here in the first place!!

Good signing well chuffed for us Pirates fans. Certainly now clearly looking the team to beat.

Until come September when Poole will return to the Shovlar default mode of `underdogs`. ;-)

If anyone was to trawl through my posts they would find I touted Milik as a good signing on a 4 pt average for my team (Bees). Entirely legitimate signing under the rules. As for Shamek i'm a huge fan but he needs to stay on the bike. Great signing for you guys potentially - saw him at Lakeside and Wolves in 2011, was brilliant on the small tracks. But please if he gets his average up don,t then replace him with KK, absolutely abysmal for us last year - i'm still having therapy after watching his performance in that Peterborough meeting. As for the testimonials by all means go to Havvy's but give kk,s a miss. Poor signing for Belle Vue ,Lakeside, Birmingham and Coventry (Horton)- not deserving of one imo. In spite of the rule changes another good team put together by Matt Ford - there's a moral there.

And the facts are he has done well in the U21`s and ANY new foreigners should have a minimum 5 point assessment. That is nowt to do with Poole.

If he isnt good enough to achieve a 4 then what on earth is he doing here in the first place!!

Until come September when Poole will return to the Shovlar default mode of `underdogs`. ;-)

Porsing hasnt achieved a 4point average yet so why assume milik will, he is no better

oh we so hate poole we so hate poole eeey eye adieho we all hate poole

and the cheating nasty matt ford

i think to please them all ford should sign up a load of no hopers and then they would all be satisfied

except the no hopers ford would sign would be winners as well,I just love the jealous attackers of a successful team

a manager and promoter - but then it is so all jealousy ha ha!! love love it

what's in store next year - a 20 point limit!!!??

• Like 1

Jensen Jepsen riding for a UK Wednesday track?? Yeah right......!! :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

Porsing hasnt achieved a 4point average yet so why assume milik will, he is no better

You are totally missing my point, even tho i have made it several times.

All the changes that were made last season was to stop riders coming into the EL on false averages. Surely EVERYONE wants to see a `fair for all` way of assessing newcomers to the EL?

A rider that is currently making his way in the sport (the likes of Porsing, milik, michelsen) should ALL come with a minimum 5 point average, or is it only because you are a Poole fan that you believe that a 4 point average is a `fair` assessment?

I read your point regards Porsing not achieving his average so why should milik - that isn't the point.

Riders that have averages in Poland and Sweden should indeed have a higher assessed average - no complaints from me.

If its your team that is benefiting from a new rider on a false average then you are likely to believe that its fair.

I am just looking at the bigger picture that was opened up last season that i now hope isn't being binned as another been there, done that approach to running our great sport.

• Like 1

You are totally missing my point, even tho i have made it several times.

All the changes that were made last season was to stop riders coming into the EL on false averages. Surely EVERYONE wants to see a `fair for all` way of assessing newcomers to the EL?

A rider that is currently making his way in the sport (the likes of Porsing, milik, michelsen) should ALL come with a minimum 5 point average, or is it only because you are a Poole fan that you believe that a 4 point average is a `fair` assessment?

I read your point regards Porsing not achieving his average so why should milik - that isn't the point.

Riders that have averages in Poland and Sweden should indeed have a higher assessed average - no complaints from me.

If its your team that is benefiting from a new rider on a false average then you are likely to believe that its fair.

I am just looking at the bigger picture that was opened up last season that i now hope isn't being binned as another been there, done that approach to running our great sport.

I take your point but if Porsing or Milik is a 5 point average then Michelsen should be a 6 based on the fact that he rode in the extraleague in poland whereas Porsing and Milik rode in the lower divisions.
  • Like 1

MJJ did score 14 (3 2 4 2 1 2) at Monmore Green, but it wasn't really his first time at WV2 having ridden for a young Danish select and after meeting rides and he was hardly brilliant on that night with just one heat win against second strings and then failed to get near Freddie and PK and was even beaten by Freddie, PK, Proctor, Wells and even Misk0000wiak.

He is a great talent but sadly Britain isn't for him and he has turned down at least two approaches for next season while noth Pawlicki's hav committed themselves to a full season in Britain and I am looking forward to watching Piotr do something MJJ wished he had done years ago ...... ride for Wolves !!

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1