British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Don't thing Rosco & Swindon would really be in a position to moan after the way they've treated Ash somehow if Nick says sorry but I'm signing for a Thursday club in the Premier Lge & want to move to Poole.

Clubs look after themselves so can't have it both ways if riders do the same.

Gotta agree with you there CR. Clubs dump riders all the time to suit them. If Morris wants to do both leagues and riding for Swindon means he cant do that then good luck to him. Will be a massive miss but long term it will benefit him and us seeming as he is our asset.

someone hasnt woken up today lol

ive heard were getting emil on a reduced 5.00 average lmao

I stand corrected...............I swear blind I saw he had gone back there..........sorry.........

And re Nick Morris..........It says on his FB page something about a big change coming..........and that he has to do what is best for himself............had to laugh at Middlo's comment on it though...........

RP

Ashley Birks has had a very serious injury and is possibly a risk to any team. The fact is he never was anything but a reserve and now has to be in the 1-5 doubles the risk in signing him. Swindon never signed him so theoretically haven't dumped him in any way shape or form. Kyle Howarth was dumped by Poole for a rider who wasnt as good as him

Milik it is then, not a bad signing, wouldnt put too much store on his gp challenge performance on a rough track but should be able maintain his average

I would, looked very good in practice, did ok, in the meeting, still a bit green, and with better equipment should improve a ton...

SteveO, all foreign riders are given an assessed starting average, hence Piotr pawlicki being graded at 7pts. I do not believe there is a maximum or minimum limit?

SteveO, all foreign riders are given an assessed starting average, hence Piotr pawlicki being graded at 7pts. I do not believe there is a maximum or minimum limit?

I hear what you say but this rider was in the GP Challenge and comes in to a weakened EL on a 4 - it doesn't seem the right average for a rider one step away from being in SGPs. As I said earlier - no conspiracy theory and not saying that Poole have bent any rules!

If PP is assessed on a 7 then surely the same should apply here?

Edited by Steve0

And a nice Pawlicki sized gap it leaves.

Any rider who can progress to the GP challenge should not be coming in on an average of 4 as far as I'm concerned.

And, to echo the quote by Steve0, this is not a dig at Poole but rather at the system which, again, seems to be allowing 'bargain' assessed riders to be signed when I, for one, thought that system had been cut out.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1