British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Have a good look at Belle Vue and Kings Lynn's top 5

Ward and Iversen about the same.

Pawlicki (if its him) and Bjerre. - Bjerre has been there and done it before and at the moment is the better rider

Schlien and Magic about the same

Josh G will find it harder in the main body and Klindt can be an enigma

Kings Lynn reserves together will outscore Pooles.

Poole do look quite strong just think there are 2 or 3 teams that look stronger.

This is called an OPINION not Poole bashing

Where has this line up been announced, i was led to believe we were getting a new rider.

Not announced anywhere yet -although it shouldn't be long for Shamek!!

Journo Paul Burbidge has been suggesting both names for well over a week now!! :wink:

On Klindt's twitter it says he hasn't been able to secure a EL place for 2014.

He also suggests Kasprzak and Dyer who i thought was giving up speedway.

Edited by foreverblue

On Klindt's twitter it says he hasn't been able to secure a EL place for 2014.

He also suggests Kasprzak and Dyer who i thought was giving up speedway.

Well KK said he was selling his UK van so everyone presumes he isn't riding UK - but maybe its a smokescreen as MF stated in the Janowski article that KK wasn't 'out of the picture'!! Dyer certainly packed it all in and returned to Oz before the season ended - and reports suggest he is quite happy in his job there!!

Personally I would still go with North or Kozza as the final place - assuming its Shamek...............!?

What about King Artur? What's his average?

5.85 i think but probably better off with zorro on 4.98.

Well KK said he was selling his UK van so everyone presumes he isn't riding UK - but maybe its a smokescreen as MF stated in the Janowski article that KK wasn't 'out of the picture'!! Dyer certainly packed it all in and returned to Oz before the season ended - and reports suggest he is quite happy in his job there!!

Personally I would still go with North or Kozza as the final place - assuming its Shamek...............!?

Why assume it is Shamek, could be Dudek.

Not true there is a wide disparity between some of the 17 other riders, particularly Smart funnily enough who has a paltry 5.76 NL average!

Not as big as the disparity between the 3 Premier Lge boys & the rest though.

Lee Smart has been around a long time & has had some very good seasons so is his lack of form down to him becoming a bad rider or simply riding poor equipment?.

He also is probably the most experienced rider out of the whole lot & with the right backing which I'm sure Poole speedway will give him could turn his form round.

One thing's for sure he'll never get a better chance to do it, surely?.

Not as big as the disparity between the 3 Premier Lge boys & the rest though.

Lee Smart has been around a long time & has had some very good seasons so is his lack of form down to him becoming a bad rider or simply riding poor equipment?.

He also is probably the most experienced rider out of the whole lot & with the right backing which I'm sure Poole speedway will give him could turn his form round.

One thing's for sure he'll never get a better chance to do it, surely?.

Well it is tricky to work out as Kerr has a 8.22 NL average and a 6.09 Pl average but Starke has a 9.93 NL average but a 3.61 PL average, Blackbird a 10.49 NL average and a 4.93 PL average and Worrall has a lower NL average than Bates and i would have thought Worrall was better.

Indeed, I'd go for Kozza over Klindt every day of the week. I don't see Klindt ever getting his mojo back fully unfortunately.

No Dak North please, absolute dickhead.

• Like 2

Dont see what all the fuss is about, the league will be full of mediocre riders and fans will be paying top dollar to watch.

Lots of riders of reserve standard are in the main body of the team, and riders being mentioned on here are not going to make the league any better.

Yes Kyle is a very good reserve, but Smarty is unproven at this level and has been hard to handle in the past.

Looking at some of the final line-ups wont inspire me to get off me arse and pay £17 to watch. Poor teams with poor crowds i think for next season. :sad:

5.85 i think but probably better off with zorro on 4.98.

Why assume it is Shamek, could be Dudek.

Dudek is not interested in riding over here and has enough meetings booked to keep him busy and would not be able to fit in fixtures in Britain.

Shamek will be a good signing and is better than other riders on roughly the same average or even higher. As for Nicolai he is a gamble but he is based in Britain and has a child now and still has the desire to be much better than he currently is. It is questionable as to how much he can improve as he hasn't got the bottle of others but he can be as quick as anyone on his day and will be good for his average.