British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Absolutely, the cut off point has to be somewhere.

Despite the reservations of some posters I don't think the system could have been drafted in a way which was any fairer to all. Those clubs with assets had to be allowed to use them and even though people disagree with Poole's use of Newman they had the last choice which evens things out.

I do agree however with the notion that the PL should have a similar system, seems a bit daft that they don't. There shouldn't be any need for foreign reserves in the PL. And as the grass roots of the sport get stronger there should be fewer and fewer non Brits in the PL over time.

Can't tell your thinking as a Kings Lynn fan rather than a speedway fan there though can we!!!!

Have no problem with assets being assigned to clubs but not riders with a Premier Lge average above 5 as that should've been the cut of.

Look at Ashley Birks who attained a elite lge average of barely 3 but is now struggling to get a ride in either lge.

Help all young british riders not just some if you want to do it is all I ask & have clear measures in place.

Sorry forever blue as couldn't ignore that.

Kerr, Garrity & Newman should not have been included in the draft. They made it unfair.

And we can already see from the teams to date that they would have stood a chance of being included in the 1 to 5 of some teams; Belle Vue & Kings Lynn, for example.

Agree totally as the other 17 lads are roughly the same level but those 3 are far superior to the others & that will get proved over the season.

Spot on Crazy Robin regarding Birks who has an actual EL average of 3.06 but was not included whereas the other three's converted averages are more!

Kerr 3.65 (or 3.56 with discount)

Garrity 3.27 (3.19)

Newman 3.19 (3.11)

Either of the bottom two would have been ideal for Poole in the 1 to 5 if they sign KK (assuming KK is actually 7.97 rather than 8.51) & Kerr could have replaced Porsing at KL if they truly wanted to support Brits & Newman at Belle Vue.

Spot on Crazy Robin regarding Birks who has an actual EL average of 3.06 but was not included whereas the other three's converted averages are more!

Kerr 3.65 (or 3.56 with discount)

Garrity 3.27 (3.19)

Newman 3.19 (3.11)

Either of the bottom two would have been ideal for Poole in the 1 to 5 if they sign KK (assuming KK is actually 7.97 rather than 8.51) & Kerr could have replaced Porsing at KL if they truly wanted to support Brits & Newman at Belle Vue.

The problem with Ash was he does have a Premier lge average alot higher than them 3 riders & although struggled last season does need some help as is in such a difficult position & struggling now for a spot in either lge.

Need to take this onto the other thread though as Poole fans will be looking out for me when I go to the South Coast in the summer:-)

Reckon we'll see Shamek & Klindt as the last 2!!!!!

Amazing how last season Nicolai was all but finished according to most fans but now can name his price as loads of teams want him.

It pays to drop your average in some cases.

When Klindt first appeared at Poole he seemed a sensation but played silly burgers and Matt withdrew his interest.

He ended up at Wolves I think but never really showed what he did that day at Poole. Since then his form and career never really took off and he has certainly slipped back a lot. Either fast and clear or tailed off and nowhere. I don't think riding at Monmore helped him one bit.

He is still fairly young but I don't see him ever as going to be a top heat leader. Reserve or second string at best.

When Klindt first appeared at Poole he seemed a sensation but played silly burgers and Matt withdrew his interest.

He ended up at Wolves I think but never really showed what he did that day at Poole. Since then his form and career never really took off and he has certainly slipped back a lot. Either fast and clear or tailed off and nowhere. I don't think riding at Monmore helped him one bit.

He is still fairly young but I don't see him ever as going to be a top heat leader. Reserve or second string at best.

Poole might well be the team/promotion that can get the best out of him. I honestly don't think we have seen the best of Nicolai in the UK. I think he is only about 25 years old.

I agree with you totally, i first saw him at Ricko's final lap and i believe he borrowed leigh Adams bike which probably helped but he looked fantastic, a gp rider in waiting we all thought but unfortunately hasn't worked out for him. He seemed to struggle badly when he rode for Peterborough but going to the PL certainly helped him. I can't see him improving much now and i hope we don't sign him, much rather see THJ back.

Can't tell your thinking as a Kings Lynn fan rather than a speedway fan there though can we!!!!

Not really, I'd have accepted it had the cut off been below Lewi Kerr's average.

My point is if you excluded him, Garrity & Newman someone would still create that the next highest whoever that is was unfairly allocated.

I'm just pleased we have three NL lads from last year in our team, not really fussed if we have the strongest or weakest reserves or whether we finish top of the league or fifth.

Edited by Bagpuss

Darcy Ward

Shamek Pawlicki

Maciej Janowski

Good top three that will hold their own against any team

Josh Gracjzonek

Nicolai Klindt

Should both score points in the lower races and a few more. How ironic Poole have finally got him after losing out on him in the first place and sign him just when Wolverhampton have signed Piotr Pawlicki who Poole were chasing after !

Should be play off contenders but be warned about Nicolai as he can be very frustrating. Brilliant one minute but terrible the next and panics going into the bends.

Problem with Klindt is he has lost his nerve. Fast gater bordering on cheating sometimes if he leads can be hard to catch but if one goes past he backs off and if he doesn't lead forget it.

Fairly strong top 3 but 2 riders who may go missing on away tracks.

Darcy Ward

Shamek Pawlicki

Maciej Janowski

Good top three that will hold their own against any team

Josh Gracjzonek

Nicolai Klindt

Should both score points in the lower races and a few more. How ironic Poole have finally got him after losing out on him in the first place and sign him just when Wolverhampton have signed Piotr Pawlicki who Poole were chasing after !

Should be play off contenders but be warned about Nicolai as he can be very frustrating. Brilliant one minute but terrible the next and panics going into the bends.

Where has it been announced that Shamek and Klindt are definate starters for Poole?

Have no problem with assets being assigned to clubs but not riders with a Premier Lge average above 5 as that should've been the cut of.

Look at Ashley Birks who attained a elite lge average of barely 3 but is now struggling to get a ride in either lge.

Help all young british riders not just some if you want to do it is all I ask & have clear measures in place.

Sorry forever blue as couldn't ignore that.

Agree totally as the other 17 lads are roughly the same level but those 3 are far superior to the others & that will get proved over the season.

Not true there is a wide disparity between some of the 17 other riders, particularly Smart funnily enough who has a paltry 5.76 NL average!

Would be the strongest top five in the league with Newman backing up.

Klindt wouldn't be my pick but on his starting average if he gets dialled in would certainly be a trump card at home.

Have a good look at Belle Vue and Kings Lynn's top 5

Ward and Iversen about the same.

Pawlicki (if its him) and Bjerre. - Bjerre has been there and done it before and at the moment is the better rider

Schlien and Magic about the same

Josh G will find it harder in the main body and Klindt can be an enigma

Kings Lynn reserves together will outscore Pooles.

Poole do look quite strong just think there are 2 or 3 teams that look stronger.

This is called an OPINION not Poole bashing